• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumble Rose Double XX (X360) trailer

M3wThr33

Banned
Guilty Gear XX POUND SLASH HEXCODE 14A CUBED 2.0!

Japan gives ridiculous tags to the point where the longest title is the newest game.
5 years, games will be a paragraph, I guarantee it.

Graphics aside, I'm glad this game is getting a sequel. The first one was awesome, it just had some rough edges that needed smoothing out. Hopefully this will do that smoothing.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm looking forward tot his. The first Rumble Roses was a pretty fun game and had a solid wrestling engine underneath all the TnA. :) I had more fun with RR than any of the recent Smackdown! games. :p

The tag team is a very welcome addition; hopefully they go the DOA route with some over the top tag moves, and if the trailer is any indication, they are. Graphics certainly look good enough to me for something so early in development.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
As far as I'm concerned, if you hate this game, you hate freedom. That said....it does look like a current-gen title. :p

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
bishoptl said:
As far as I'm concerned, if you hate this game, you hate freedom. That said....it does look like a current-gen title. :p

It HAS to be a very early version of the game that they are showing. The ring is right out of the PS2 game, Metal Gear Solid 3 banners and all! The girls' faces seem to be the biggest improvement.

Ponn

Banned
Why would they show this trailer, doesn't make sense. They would have been much better off just announcing it as coming to Xbox 360 and leaving it at that.

just announcing games doesn't seem to be enough these days...
if it was, do you think MS would have shown off games as lackluster looking as PDz, Kameo, Tony Hawk, Condemned, and now Rumble Roses? I imagine simply announcing them and not showing them in the current state would have done better for their overall image. :D

Ponn

Banned
TheJollyCorner said:
just announcing games doesn't seem to be enough these days...
if it was, do you think MS would have shown off games as lackluster looking as PDz, Kameo, Tony Hawk, Condemned, and now Rumble Roses? I imagine simply announcing them and not showing them in the current state would have done better for their overall image. :D

PDZ they should have held back to avoid the backlash. And honestly, it's best I bite my tongue on Tony Hawk. Condemned isn't bad though, Kameo is meh.

Awesome.

Not a full fledged sequel, eh? But tag team was certainly missing from the first.

Needs a fuller persistent career mode, rather than just Heel\Face.
And why couldn't I play to the crowd? I think that's where the super bar should come from.

Oh, Candy Cane, I shall count the days.

Spike Spiegel said:
Taunts and humiliation moves aren't playing to the crowd?
No, no in any tangible way.

Taunts do nothing but add a crumb to your power power. You get more out of nearly any throw or combo.

Humilating your opponent is nothing more than beating on them until certain moves inexplicibly fill their heart. When they are humiliated (shown by a cutscene focusing on them, not the crowd) they do not fight any different and are not more vulnerable, except to your one humilation move, which is just like your Lethal and Killer moves but more deadly.

Playing to the crowd would be spending your downed opponent time strutting around the ring pumping your arms, or standing on the ropes getting the crowd to cheer your name. TV wrestling is a popularity contest (learned from Futurama) and in Rumble Roses the you cannot be boosted or hindered by the crowd.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I wasn't too impressed with the first RR game but I'm willing to give the series another go.

The hair not moving is unnatural, very noticable, and distracting for me though. They better fix that.

Top Bottom