• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Microsoft E3 Conference Details Leaked (Ryse 2, Epic exclusive, FH2, more).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake for just these two reasons of many:

- Epic revealed the other secret 'next-gen' game they are working on as the FTP Unreal a couple days ago (for PS4, Xbone and PC), and this list was written before without any knowledge of that. Epic are working on Fortnite and Unreal, a Samaritan game is a pipe dream.

- Ryse 2. Not only is the idea of Crytek pumping out another exclusive Ryse game improbable, the fact that this would suggest a multi-game exclusive partnership with MS that we haven't heard about until now exposes this as BS. If MS signed a multi-title exclusive deal with Crytek for a game series, they would have trumpeted that fact. They haven't.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
If it's true then MS will knock E3 out of the park.

this list is way more bullshit then the sony rumors.

Oh yeah. Because MS fanboy bullshit is always more bullshitty then Sony fanboy bullshit.

Skab

The only remotely exciting thing about this is the Phantom Dust rumor.

3rd person Perfect Dark is a terrible idea, and I don't trust Rare to do a good job with a Battletoads reboot. (Though if they do, than that would be great.)

You're kidding, right? This potential-list - if true - would mean I buy the XBOne over the PS4 without any hesitation when taken against the other 'leak'.

You're a crazy person.

SRTtoZ

Fake. Just think about it, what are the chances of both companies E3 lineups being leaked a month ahead of time and both of them are too good to be true? Fake.

- Epic revealed the other secret 'next-gen' game they are working on as the FTP Unreal a couple days ago (for PS4, Xbone and PC), and this list was written before without any knowledge of that. Epic are working on Fortnite and Unreal, a Samaritan game is a pipe dream.

AFAIK they never said UT was coming to PS4 or xbone, only Mac/Linux/PC.

I still think it's fake though considering how excited Epic has been about PS4 and they just sold GoW to MS. I don't think they'd start another Xbox exclusive franchise for MS like last time around with the way PS4 has been selling. I don't think ms would spend that much money.

These "lists" that conveniently pop-up is probably a snide corporate tactic spreading as much awareness to the event as possible. And as you can see, it's clearly working as "blogspot" and questionable fanboy materials are too specifically embedded in those bullet points.

Then come E3 a massive 180 turnaround with probably some of the expected "leak" to come true in order to pull of this kind of stunt in the near future.

Skab

Fake for just these two reasons of many:

- Epic revealed the other secret 'next-gen' game they are working on as the FTP Unreal a couple days ago (for PS4, Xbone and PC), and this list was written before without any knowledge of that. Epic are working on Fortnite and Unreal, a Samaritan game is a pipe dream..

UT isn't coming to consoles. Windows, Mac, and Linux only.

mocoworm

sE3dUFc.png

This is indeed way more believable than the Sony leak. The third party stuff is very easy to believe (Platinum, Epic, EA, and the usual crop of exclusive DLC from guaranteed blockbusters).

Whether or not this leak is true or not (probably not), I'm totally behind a 3rd person action Perfect Dark game. Doesn't necessarily need to be like uncharted, but if they made it a spy game (maybe like Hitman, but with stealing info instead of murder), I'd be down for that.

Alebrije

These "lists" that conveniently pop-up is probably a snide corporate tactic spreading as much awareness to the event as possible. And as you can see, it's clearly working as "blogspot" and questionable fanboy materials are too specifically embedded in those bullet points.

Then come E3 a massive 180 turnaround with probably some of the expected "leak" to come true in order to pull of this kind of stunt in the near future.

Yep, the pre E3 leaks / rumors are always there every year, is part of the fun.

DSmalls84

Is there actually a chance for Quantum Break to release this year? Alan Wake took a while and this will have some sort of show tie in as well. I can't wait to play it but I'm pretty skeptical.

Axass

Well ki was an interesting case. Microsoft let a lot of developers pitch an idea for a killer instinct reboot. Double helix sent them an incredibly bare bones version of what we have today, and ms thought it was the best way to go.

And this is different. Microsoft is losing. They aren't spending half of their e3 conference on kinect anymore. Rare might still be working on a few kinect games every once in a while. But they are either going to have a team that works on some new core games, or their ips are going to be used by other studios for the xb1.

Rare has some real gems. Banjo (if done correctly) is a grade A franchise. Viva pinata and battletoads are also franchises that I could easily see new games being released in.

I agree but almost nobody who worked on those gems is still there though. That showed already (from what I heard, didn't play them) in Perfect Dark Zero and Nuts and Bolts. I'm skeptical about Rare getting back to what it was before avatars and kinect, wether Microsoft wants it or not. I actually kind of hope they sell the IPs already, I'd prefer that to half-assed attempts at resurrecting old franchises.

This is indeed way more believable than the Sony leak. The third party stuff is very easy to believe (Platinum, Epic, EA, and the usual crop of exclusive DLC from guaranteed blockbusters).

I would say it is equally unbelievable. Considering PS4 is selling better than Xbone, it doesn't make sense for Epic to go MS only this gen at all.

daman824

I agree but almost nobody who worked on those gems is still there though. That showed already (from what I heard, didn't play them) in Perfect Dark Zero and Nuts and Bolts. I'm skeptical about Rare getting back to what it was before avatars and kinect, wether Microsoft wants it or not. I actually kind of hope they sell the IPs already, I'd prefer that to half-assed attempts at resurrecting old franchises.
Viva pinata (both the original and tip) were great. And while n&b wasn't what I wanted out of a banjo game, it was still great in its own right.

This is probably just as fake as the Sony one probably is but these in particular...

• 343 Industries will unveil Halo 2: Anniversary. This is a full (multiplayer included) visual makeover of Halo 2, it will also include the same options as Halo Anniversary (Including both visual modes) skulls etc. It will include the E3 2003 mission as a bonus unlockable and the maps from the PC version.
  • Rare is prepping a re-boot of Battletoads and Perfect Dark. BT will initially be a download only title (see Killer Instinct) and is set to run at 60fps. Perfect Dark is looking to be rebooted into a Third Person Adventure game - Similar to Uncharted.
  • Epic will be there to unveil their new game base on the Samaritan demo from 2012. This will be XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE as Microsoft is the publisher. Possibly the best looking game of this generation.
  • Phantom Dust : Sacrifice is being worked on by Grounding Inc and will be a prequel to the original. The game will be episodic in nature.
  • The secret Japanese game is coming from Platinum Games and is a Viewtiful Joe like action- beat em up. Codename is "RugPuddle". This is part one of a multiple game deal with Microsoft to publish other titles in the future.
...would have me so hyped. Especially Phantom Dust whose inclusion in this rumor is ironically the biggest giveaway that this is probably bullshit.

lmao! i could've made that rumor up. nothing shocking or exciting in that post. the only things i'd even find interesting is Crackdown Skyline and Fallout 4 being shown at the conference in some capacity.

mjontrix

When I saw battletoads I knew it was fake.

Every game store would pay ms not to make it - for fears of phone raids by /v/

Empty

obviously made up pre e3 nonsense but it'd actually be cool if they could get a version of the e3 demo as an extra in halo 2 anniversary.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
It's far too good a list to be true. So yeah, fake.

And if it is true, then kudo's to MS for bringing the thunder.

zeioIIDX

343 Industries will unveil Halo 2: Anniversary. This is a full (multiplayer included) visual makeover of Halo 2, it will also include the same options as Halo Anniversary (Including both visual modes) skulls etc. It will include the E3 2003 mission as a bonus unlockable and the maps from the PC version.

WHAT?!
ivEhnZfEBSJLA.png

The division leading on Xbox one makes zero sense. Also third person perfect dark sounds stupid as shit. It should go back to its roots.

Proponent

Banned
A Ryse 2- Ryse redemption, certainly excites me.

Oh yes, on the potential of how great the game and the franchise really could be. Now no longer restricted by a console launch's rushed time schedule, and newness of the platform.

This could/should turn out big.

MS still needs to price drop XB1 tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom