• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Persona 6 Will be Semi-Open World and Feature “More Fluid” Social Links

persona-5-the-royal-1024x576.jpg

Atlus is currently riding the highs of the critical and commercial success that Persona 3 Reload has enjoyed in the wake of its launch a month ago, but given how long it’s been since the series’ last new mainline instalment released, it’s no surprise that a sizeable section of its fanbase is anxiously waiting for details on Persona 6. When Atlus will begin speaking about the game in an official capacity is anyone’s best guess at this point, but a leaker has spilled the beans on some potential details on the RPG.

On ResetEra, known leaker Head on the Block – who was previously known as Im a Hero Too – has claimed that though Persona 6 is going to continue building on the series’ formula with another high school setting, it will be expanding on it by adopting a semi-open world structure.
In another post, the leaker claimed that the game would also feature “more fluid” Social Links- which, for those not familiar with Persona, are bonds that players form and strengthen with a variety of characters throughout the experience for both narrative and gameplay bonuses. The leaker claims that Persona 6’s Social Links will be more interactive and will have fewer timed restrictions placed on them than in previous games.

Leaks have previously claimed that Persona 6 is currently targeting a 2025 launch, and that it will be a multiplatform release, as most recent Atlus titles have been. Given the fact that parent company Sega is expecting the game to sell 5 million copies in its first year, it’s fair to say a multiplatform release is very much on the table.

Kurotri

PLEASE do not believe this. This Hero guy is full of shit. He doesn't have a good track record and keeps throwing shit at the wall. Midori is the only one you should trust. Also for what it's worth, there was someone at the purple place that actually has a proper track record, and he said the main color is green. Unfortunately I can't remember the guy's name. Just don't trust this fraud.

Skelterz

That’s actually the complete opposite of why I like the persona games, open world games are ten a penny these days and 9 out of 10 are generic and boring.

Open world can go fuck itself but having a bit more flexibility in doing the social links would go a long way towards making the games feel less like a chore where you have to do exactly this event on this day for a whole year or you won't be able to max out your friendships with everybody

Rickyiez

B
PLEASE do not believe this. This Hero guy is full of shit. He doesn't have a good track record and keeps throwing shit at the wall. Midori is the only one you should trust. Also for what it's worth, there was someone at the purple place that actually has a proper track record, and he said the main color is green. Unfortunately I can't remember the guy's name. Just don't trust this fraud.
Based on the replies, most of them didn't read what you wrote unfortunately. This thread should be closed

sigmaZ

I wish they'd go with dark purple and not green lol But we'll see
Open world is fine as long as it's interesting content and not just 'cause.
Something like Like a Dragon would be nice.
Also I really hope they do something about the social links and calendar system.
It was cute for one game, but prevents me from fully enjoying the series.

Lokaum D+

As long as it's not gender "fluid". :messenger_smirking:
its a japanese game, they'll probably put another gay stereotip in it and ppl ll go mad once again.

My wish is for a adult persona themed, that deal with the struggles of adulthood, but i'll never get this.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Aren't these games already something of a semi open-world. You have a choice of places and you can tackle daily activities in any way you want (outside of scripted event days).

Celcius

°Temp. member
I can’t help but wonder if like a year later there will be another Golden / Royal edition…

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Aren't all persona games semi open world?
Aren't these games already something of a semi open-world. You have a choice of places and you can tackle daily activities in any way you want (outside of scripted event days).
I would say Shin Megami Tensei V fits that description better since that game has actual big maps for you to explore.

Last edited:
Pretty stupid idea.

Persona is the last game, which requires an open world approach. 5 was perfect and there is no reason to fix something. Adding an open world on it, would make a very long game definitively too long and replacing some of the great dungeons with an open world is the last thing anyone wants.

StereoVsn

It’s Atlus and the just love to troll their fans. I don’t believe a word that’s coming from whoever is this supposed leaker unless we get some receipts.

Remember the run up to P5 and then the wait after initial announcement? What a shit show.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Pretty stupid idea.

Persona is the last game, which requires an open world approach. 5 was perfect and there is no reason to fix something. Adding an open world on it, would make a very long game definitively too long and replacing some of the great dungeons with an open world is the last thing anyone wants.
Just like how Hashino changed Persona's formula after P1, P2 In and P2 EP, the new team also needs changed the formula and make it their own like Hashino did with P3, 4 and 5.

Skelterz

Play smt v, I'm sure that's what they're talking about and works great.
Taito_Map.png

I have completed SMTV and if that’s the route there talking about I’m all for it sandbox zone type games ala FF12 and SMTV for example I’m cool with but great big bloated open world busy work games are not for me these days.

Shubh_C63

I have only played Persona 5 and loved and BURNT out on it so hard that just couldn't play Persona 3 Remake or Persona 5 Royal again.

They have made consistent amazing games in this series so if indeed they went open world, I would love to see their take.
(Like Rocksteady lol)

Comandr

I mean, he's not wrong though. P5 is a great game. But having people threaten to "steal your heart and make you confess your evil deeds" is pretty fucking cringy. This is why I was hoping we would graduate from high school and leave some of the juvenile storytelling behind.

Yamisan

Its a Gaming Bolt link, a website that should be banned. Anything coming from there is most likely made up.

StereoVsn

I mean, he's not wrong though. P5 is a great game. But having people threaten to "steal your heart and make you confess your evil deeds" is pretty fucking cringy. This is why I was hoping we would graduate from high school and leave some of the juvenile storytelling behind.
Yeah, College setting for Persona would be amazing. Not going to happen though unless sales start falling.

Edit: And as far as P5 story goes, the “Steal your heart” concept was fine. Where it fell down was the execution lost first arc (first dungeon).

It went back to the “shitty adults” theme again.

Last edited:
Yeah, College setting for Persona would be amazing. Not going to happen though unless sales start falling.

Edit: And as far as P5 story goes, the “Steal your heart” concept was fine. Where it fell down was the execution lost first arc (first dungeon).

It went back to the “shitty adults” theme again.
P3 was the best of the modern trilogy because adults were basically unimportant and minor characters

Once they started involving adults extensively in P4 and then P5, the quality of the story went downhill and this isn't by coincidence

Whenever anyone mentions the words ‘open world’ people immediately picture the boring Ubisoft-style type.

That’s how much the well has been poisoned.

It’s quite a reaction to behold.

StereoVsn

P3 was the best of the modern trilogy because adults were basically unimportant and minor characters

Once they started involving adults extensively in P4 and then P5, the quality of the story went downhill and this isn't by coincidence
I will agree to disagree on P4, but P5 took a bit of a dive for sure.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Semi open is the next step obviously.

I can’t access that purple site because apparently i’m banned for (the following reason: User requested account closure.) Huh. I didn’t but good riddance.

Top Bottom