• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Resident EvIl: VIILAGE (RE8) Appeared and then Pulled of a Retail Site

Making it first-person is smart, after the Resident Evil 6 remake, they can begin the RE7 and RE8 third-person 8K PS7 remakes.

VN1X

Banned
There's too much Resident Evil atm for me and that's coming from a Resi fan. :/

I also wouldn't have minded if the RE3 remake had more time in the oven and came out later as well. Feels like an expansion pack to RE2 remake if I'm honest. Not that that's a bad thing per se but it just seems rushed imo.

I have no stake in this. Since I only played them for co-op shenanigans with family. So no co-op, I can careless. But the fact they cleaned up the titles makes me so happy.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm not really interested in another RE7 type game, they proved they remake an RE game wi RE2 Remake and RE3 Remake
Now I wanna see them make a new one, not some FPS Chainsaw Massacre, Wrong Turn or The Village ripoff with Resident Evil's name slapped on it.

More like we are gonna reuse all these assets in re4remake just like we did with re3make

I don't think that'll be happening. Capcom knows well enough that RE 4 is a highly praised game and that they can't mess it up. RE 3 was never really that popular, although that doesn't give them the excuse to rush it out like that.

Dr_Salt

I don't think that'll be happening. Capcom knows well enough that RE 4 is a highly praised game and that they can't mess it up. RE 3 was never really that popular, although that doesn't give them the excuse to rush it out like that.

Then why give the job to M-Two? Capcom just proved with re3make that they can rush whatever remake they want and sell millions thanks to nostalgia.

Then why give the job to M-Two? Capcom just proved with re3make that they can rush whatever remake they want and sell millions thanks to nostalgia.

Most of the work was already done with RE2 remake. Only differences with RE3 were models, different levels, but all the core important stuff like the engine was already there to be used, so it was a matter of making new character models and art assets. I am not sure why they would cut stuff out though, but I am gonna assume it was a time constraint or just bad judgement. Capcom usually does not do stuff like that. In my book they are the best developer/publisher this generation. Too many amazing games, a lot of high quality stuff, very few hiccups. I can't get upset.. I am pretty positive RE 4 Remake won't be rushed tho. It's a 2022 game and next-gen only from what I understood, so it has 2-3 year game between the remakes. and a whole year after RE8.

Last edited:

H . R . 2

I finished REIV twice solely because of the feeling of tension that Ethan's grip on the gun conveyed to the player. the graphics (and those hand animations) looked incredible

Doom85

I still have mixed things on this. RE7 returning to more classic gameplay was nice (granted, I was fine with the newer style of RE games, hell 4 and Revelations 2 are among my favorite RE games, and 5 and Rev 1 are pretty good) but then REmake 2 and 3 came out and showed the classic gameplay totally works in third person shooter style as well. And the latter is far more appealing, it gives me more connection to the character to actually see them, and I might be totally off on this but I can't help but wonder if 7's low enemy variety was because of the first person perspective. An enemy like a licker I could see being really difficult to deal with it in first person compared to third person as your field of view is more narrow thus an enemy that can leap around you can be more disorientating. Might explain why why 7 was pretty much mostly unstoppable humans like Jack, the mostly slow Molded, or giant monstrosities. If that's the case, then I'm worried 8 will have the same issue, and if that's the case just gives me more reason to wish it was third person.

Doesn't help also hearing this was originally Revelations 3 and while I will give 7 the edge over Rev 1, I greatly prefer Rev 2. Hearing that Rev 3 was bringing back one of my favorite RE characters, Rebecca, and now that it's switched to 8 and she's been removed from the plot is pretty disappointing to me.

I'll say this about the story leaks:

if it's true that Chris kills Mia, FUCK YES. As bland as Ethan was, I never disliked the guy, but I did Mia. Her VA performance just never clicked for me compared to everyone else, it felt like the game just didn't want to address that she was working with a bio-weapons company which given the insane amount of horror inflicted upon the world by such weapons in the RE narrative makes her kind of a piece of shit honestly, and I hated how the game basically told you to fuck off if you choose to save Zoe instead even though Zoe was the only reason Ethan even knew what to look for in the first place in terms of the cure so curing Mia without even saying a word beforehand felt like a major dick move. I loved all of the Bakers (haven't played any of the DLCs, so I can't comment on the uncle or whoever is in one of them), Ethan was meh, but Mia I just flat out disliked. And it would make Ethan more interesting to have him go after Chris and be obsessed with revenge even though I'm going to assume Chris was in the right if he shot an infected person (I mean, I think Capcom would know better than to try to make us hate a character who's been in 6 RE games now).

From what I recall M-Two were formed midway through 3R's dev cycle, so they weren't the primary developer for it. Their work on that game was just to get them used to the RE engine before they got to work on 4's remake, which was the entire reason the team was formed. RE4 Remake is also said to have a larger amount of people working on it than the last two remakes.

SuperGooey

I'm not really interested in another RE7 type game, they proved they remake an RE game wi RE2 Remake and RE3 Remake
Now I wanna see them make a new one, not some FPS Chainsaw Massacre, Wrong Turn or The Village ripoff with Resident Evil's name slapped on it.
I'd rather the RE games not all be homogenized to play the exact same. I think it's exciting that 7 and 8 are trying a new perspective. The thought process that every RE games needs to be an OTS shooter now is such an inspired and boring point of view to have, imo. This is why I roll my eyes when I hear fans say that REmake should be remade again to be yet another OTS shooter. Variety and change is what has kept RE games going this long.

I wasn't huge on RE7, but I think there is more potential to explore with the FP perspective. Meanwhile, I think OTS RE games have been exhausted (RE4, RE5, RE6, Rev, Rev2, RE2make, RE3make, Operation RC, Umbrella Corps, and REsistance). Having two mainline RE games in FP will only allow the series to explore more ideas and gameplay in retrospect. I hope we get another fixed-camera RE game before we get another OTS one.

Last edited:
Sadly i still havent even played 7 yet... wondering if i should jump into it in PSVR or play through it normally first?

Psvr first. Normal second if at all. The VR playthrough is phenomenal. Didnt even want to play on the tv the second time. No comparison and if you play on tv first it will ruin the far superior experience.

iorek21

Village?

I like that they're trying to put the VII somewhere but Village might be one of the worst subtitles ever

Pejo

What are they gonna do for Resident Evil IX's title?

PHOENIX
VIXEN
CRUCIFIX
DOMINATRIX

Are the only words that seem viable.
How about: IXNAY on the ZOMBAY

I am pumped for whatever they do as of now. VII was absolutely fucking wonderful in VR and even fun without, and I wouldn't even be mad if this one was first person too. I think it's pretty obvious they're going to remaster/remake RE4 sooner than later, maybe Code Veronica too, so it wouldn't be bad to have a line of first person scary games vs. the 3rd person action-y games.

Cutty Flam

Banned
nTjkDot.jpg

The way they're titled on Steam has been a mild annoyance for me for a while and I always shortened it on my desktop so I'm glad they sorted that out.

spookyfish

Sadly i still havent even played 7 yet... wondering if i should jump into it in PSVR or play through it normally first?

Haven’t done it in VR yet, but you probably should do that first. It’s also one of my favorite in the series, which I was greatly surprised by.

Top Bottom