• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Virtuos Games Paris projects leaks

I'm an ex-employee of the company, and here are some projects they are working on. Sadly I couldn't take any screenshots or whatever to exactly proove my words, but well.

First, there is the "Altar" project, which is the remaster/remake of Oblivion (the discussion for it being a full remake are still ongoing). It is done currently using a pairing system, so it means that the remaster is running using both an Unreal Engine 5 project, and the old Oblivion one. For instance, new graphics are rendered in the UE5 project, but most of the gameplay/physics/etc is still done in Oblivion. It should be released end of next year/early 25 depending mostly on if it's a remake or remaster. It is mostly done in paris, but Blackshamrock also helps the studio for the art.
Then you have an internal project, called Massive. This is for now in a really in an early step, but it has the ambition of becoming a big AAA project. This is basically a "Monster Hunter X Shadow of the Colossus". So you have gigantic bosses like in Shadow of the Colossus, and your goal is to defeat them in a post apocaliptic world in a coop/multiplayer game. Players are supposed to be really dynamic (by having double jumps, grabs, leaps, dashes, etc), and they will be able to stick to the boss during fights. They also have a stamina system for the attacks. They try to be as inovative as they can on the various cameras and fight.
Another project is "Cobra", which is the remaster/remake (not sure which stage it is, it changed a lot) of MGS3. Paris is mostly in charge of the animations.

They are also working on an extansion for New World (Amazon's MMO), by first working on a the next DLC, before taking a complete one on their own.

Edit : I forgot one internal project, called Ominous. This is a narrative climbing game. Again, quite early in the process, searching for an editor currently.

image.png

That Oblivion remake/remaster sounds dumb as all hell. It also sounds like it'll have more bugs than the original. Can't wait to see what nightmare fuel it gives us in UE5 graphics!

I just hope they don't screw up MGS 3. And that Monster Hunter - style thing sounds like it has some potential.

Gojiira

Thats how Bluepoint made the excellent Shadow of the Colossus remake, still it really remains to be seen how Virtuos or even if the can deliver because so far MGS3 remake looks incredibly low effort.
That game thats like Monster Hunter though, if it has SotC style climbing etc that could be pretty cool but again who knows.
Idk Oblivion really needs a ground up remake not a weird graphics wrapper.

CamHostage

That MH-like just sounds like Freedom Wars with a dash of MH World.

A 'co-op vs giant-bosses' game could be cool. I remember thinking this was a good idea when Square had that DS game Blood of Bahamut.

(It'll need actual co-op timing to really do it imo, as in two players smashing the kneecaps at the same time gets the boss to drop to his hands so others can climb up the arms, stuff like that. )

Last edited:

Gojiira

A co-op giant-bosses game could be cool. I remember thinking this was a good idea when Square had that DS game Blood of Bahamut.

(It'll need actual co-op timing to really do it imo, as in two players smashing the kneecaps at the same time gets the boss to drop to his hands so others can climb up the arms, stuff like that. )
The original concept for Horizon Zero Dawn was more like Monster Hunter too, with the same mechanics of crafting armour and weapons from the Machines. Kinda hoping that upcoming multiplayer Horizon is exactly this. Speaking of really wish Monster Hunter and any game inspired by it took the Ropecaster from Horizon, love staking the machines to the ground, its a great trap mechanic. But yeah more Monster Hunter-likes sounds good to me

yurinka

Sounds legit. I think that if well done with good modern visuals and some gameplay updates, the Oblivion remake could work.

The MHxSotC idea sounds very cool.

Killer8

Guys who've done lots of remasters and ports:

-Return to Arkham
-Bioshock, Dying Light, Starlink, Destroy All Humans, and Dark Souls all on Switch
-Final Fantasy X/X2 on all platforms
-Heavy Rain on PS4
-AC Liberation console versions

Lots of bad remasters and ports.

Chukhopops

I don’t want to believe rumors but an Oblivion remake would be a dream for me, still one of the greatest games ever made. It also makes sense in the context of TES6 being so many years away.

Can’t imagine the nightmare of having the old Creation Engine and UE5 running together.

midnightAI

They're not spoiling the plot of the game. Settle down.
Does that matter? companies spend a lot of time and money on marketing their products especially on the initial reveal. Also, why the hell do people even want to know about games via leaks? is it not better to wait to see the actual reveal of a game at a showcase or whatever? how many times have we said 'That showcase was disappointing, nothing new shown, we've known about these games for ages', yeh, because dickheads ruin the showcases by leaking everything (yes I am fully aware some showcases are just crap).

(of course you dont have to go into said threads, but leaks are hard to avoid sometimes, especially with youtube, twitter (X, pff), instagram etc)

And... they are (technically) spoiling the plot of the game because one of the games is an Oblivion remake, we know the plot, we did not know of a remake

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Does that matter? companies spend a lot of time and money on marketing their products especially on the initial reveal. Also, why the hell do people even want to know about games via leaks? is it not better to wait to see the actual reveal of a game at a showcase or whatever? how many times have we said 'That showcase was disappointing, nothing new shown, we've known about these games for ages', yeh, because dickheads ruin the showcases by leaking everything (yes I am fully aware some showcases are just crap).

(of course you dont have to go into said threads, but leaks are hard to avoid sometimes, especially with youtube, twitter (X, pff), instagram etc)

And... they are (technically) spoiling the plot of the game because one of the games is an Oblivion remake, we know the plot, we did not know of a remake

I don't know what to tell you.

If I were to guess, I'd assume most people get excited about leaks. Since it fuels the hype machine and facilitates speculation and discussion.

Top Bottom