• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Kenpachii

Unexpected to be honest

and

Sick Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

Just send in a swarm of drones and bomb the living shit out of there parade.

Nikodemos

Just send in a swarm of drones and bomb the living shit out of there parade.
Nah, that would be the bad kind of provocation.

Hacking the large crowd-TV screens to show the Ukrainian flag, or making blue-yellow smoke fly over the parade would, on the other hand, be a perfectly civilized troll move.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
They haven't banned Ukrainian flags! They have banned ALL flags and any kind of military signs near WW2 memorials. In any other places you can wave as many Ukrainian flags as you want.

Yes. I know. Don’t you think it’s a bit idiotic in the current climate to actively ban the flag of the nation trying to stave off Nazi style atrocity? Maybe it would have been better to allow pro-Ukrainians to wave the flag in this circumstance?

RAÏSanÏa

Picturesque but also great camera work.
That smoking barrel, the flaming driver's hatch then the zoom out to see the stopped tracks among those gorgeous verdant springtime fields.
There's a timelessness to it. Interpretations can be drawn. Life as propaganda art.

Last edited:

zeomax

Don’t you think it’s a bit idiotic in the current climate to actively ban the flag of the nation trying to stave off Nazi style atrocity?
Germany did not ban the Ukrainian flag!
Like i said you can protest with Ukrainian flags as much as you want as long it is not on WW2 memorial places. You can't protest with a German flag either in those places.
It is a memorial and a memorial is not place for protests or demonstration.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Germany did not ban the Ukrainian flag!
Like i said you can protest with Ukrainian flags as much as you want as long it is not on WW2 memorial places. You can't protest with a German flag either in those places.
It is a memorial and a memorial is not place for protests or demonstration.

I think you can make a very good argument that war memorials are the very best place to demonstrate against an illegal, barbaric war - especially in a country with Germany’s history. It’s an extremely tone deaf decision by the Berlin police, given the circumstances. They should be encouraging people to show their support for Ukraine at places where it has the most resonance.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
No its not. You don't go to a cemetery to demonstrate. Same with memorial places.

Don’t be absurd. War memorials are not the same as cemeteries. And it’s a heavy handed move to ban the waving of the Ukrainian flag on such an important anniversary. I think it would have been an extremely supportive show of solidarity, for a country that frankly has dragged its heels. Yes, ban Russian flags… absolutely, but not Ukrainian.

It‘s not a major thing at all, but in the current climate, where Germany is being criticised for its approach to the war, it’s poor decision making, due to the optics.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
If you're going to post that at least make a comment on it.

From a quick look, all I can see are very pro Russian accounts sharing it.
It was from ukraine defence force group

I dont join any russian grup

Heres another update i found from there
z5w3Gdd.jpg

Tams

It was from ukraine defence force group

I dont join any russian grup

Heres another update i found from there
z5w3Gdd.jpg
Well if that first infographic is true, then Ukraine are probably utterly screwed.

But for a start, that's pretty much every aircraft Ukraine had pre-invasion...

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Mixed news today: on the main front, the Orcs have taken Popasna after UA retired. The town is highly strategic since it essentially divides the front in half. On the other hand, the UA prevented an attempt to ford the river and destroyed a bucketload of engineering equipment, bridges and amphibious vehicles.

Meanwhile up north, another town near kharkiv got liberated. Reportedly there's been some attempts by the orcs to recapture Staryi Saltiv that have failed.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Some will be confused by this since the big number is a combined number of killed, injured and captured. Second, I'm not saying the numbers are impossible but for some odd reason the projection is higher than all other projections out there. I don't understand the source, what is a "ukraine defence force group"..?

TLDR; I have no idea who's ass these numbers was pulled out of, but it would be helpful to know.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
TLDR; I have no idea who's ass these numbers was pulled out of, but it would be helpful to know.

Well if you look at the image bottom it shows the telegram icon and the name RYBAR - "telegram bloggers" are popular in the east, people join their telegram channel in which they share publications. Zelensky has one as well.

Rybar is cited in this article https://securingdemocracy.gmfus.org...dentities-power-the-troll-factorys-successor/ as possible belonging to a russian troll farm.

This british newspaper calls RYBAR a pro-war russian source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/russia-publishes-list-100-brit-26826806

Last edited:

Tams

The point is to be at least somewhat careful what information you are spreading.

Almost all of it is suspicious, but when it doesn't seem to line up with reality (current territory held), and when even the briefest of searches finds it being spread by very obvious pro-Russian accounts (more suspicious than pro-Ukrainian ones due to Russia's very authorities pushing blatant lies), it's perhaps time to step back and not post it.

Airbus Jr Airbus Jr didn't even bother to add a comment with it; just threw it out there.

Atrus

Gold Member
Telegram isn’t reliable even if the regional locals use it for lack of censorship. Kholodny Yar, the 93rd mechanized brigade, does not control the telegram channel in their name. The page sows Russian propaganda, yet people use it as a Ukrainian Defence source.

Clicking on the Facebook icon in the video below will take you to the 93rd’s English message warning against Telegram disinformation.

rofif

Banned

I really don’t see why the keep sending stuff there, you’d think after like the 5th time their shit blows up they might think twice, but nope it’s: ‘let’s try a helicopter this time, that’ll be sure to work!’

As long as Putin is alive, they will not stop.
Russia is known for this. They will send conscripts, civilians, teens with swords, kids with baseball bats... whoever they can. But they will keep it up for years if they are not stopped

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

Unexpected to be honest

and

Sick Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

Tienanmenemy

If that's realistic they'll possibly march their own citizens out there too.

When in the square they play out the game
That's when the tanks of the army came

They called the murders minimal
Described their victims as criminals
Dead souls like you and me
Who only wanted free society

Last edited:
Top Bottom