• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

jason10mm

Gold Member
I can understand if it wasn't the most suitable area to build fortifications whether it be because of terrain, logistical issues, or something else. But I don't understand why it wouldn't have been at least mined or something.
Mines are a terrible, terrible thing. Even more modern "limited time active" ones can still leave hundreds or thousands of explosive devices just waiting around to kill DECADES later. It's a hard call to mine your own territory, particularly in populated areas.

Mines are a terrible, terrible thing. Even more modern "limited time active" ones can still leave hundreds or thousands of explosive devices just waiting around to kill DECADES later. It's a hard call to mine your own territory, particularly in populated areas.
It is a hard call, but the way I see it, it's not either or. It's not like your opponent isn't laying millions of mines in your territory.

Liljagare

Gold Member
IWIic8G.jpeg

Kerotan

I wonder how long Russia will keep this all out war intensity at. The number of personnel and equipment losses daily is staggering. Considering how they attacked throughout winter and spring I can't see them slowing down for the summer.

Hopefully the West keeps piling the weapons into Ukraine and make the bastards suffer. So good seeing Russian armour getting destroyed by artillery again and not just drones.

GutsOfThor

Applies here, since ammo provider. Helicopter carrying Iranian President Raisi and Foreign Minister Abu Whatever 'crash landed', state unknown.

I will create a desert curse just for him:

'May your beard burn and your PIG fumes molest the Prophet in Paradise' 🙏🏻🫠🔥🥓

I feel bad for the ground that the heli crashed into.

Nonehxc

After the Turtle Tank 🐢 next evolution is the...

Pot Soldier 🪖 🍲

No, really. 😐

I...no...I don't even...

Nah, fuck it. Why would I try to understand any of it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just remember these white men are the brightest sons of the steppes. Everything from there is down down down the IQ well, now they're attracting in numbers the brightest minds of the millionth generation of inbreeding from all over the world.

Liljagare

Gold Member
UuUezv3.jpeg

The EU Council approved the transfer of proceeds from taxable excess profits of frozen Russian assets to Ukraine.
Annual revenues are expected to amount to approximately €2.5-3 billion. 90% of the expected revenues will be used for military purposes to support the defence of Ukraine," the report says.
A smaller share, 10%, will go to the recovery and reconstruction of Ukraine.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2024/05/21/7456817/

Spain announces aid package for Ukraine containing Leopard tanks, Patriot missiles.

Ukraine’s general staff said the frequency of Russian attacks in Kharkiv slowed on Monday, though fighting continued.
Russian troops are also conducting reconnaissance and sabotage raids in Ukraine’s northern Sumy and Chernihiv regions, shelling border settlements and laying more minefields, according to Dmytro Lykhovii, Ukraine’s general staff spokesperson.
Moscow launched a surprise major ground assault on the Kharkiv region in early May as it sought to advance while Kyiv is struggling for arms and manpower.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...n-allies-military-support-volodymyr-zelenskiy

Poland arrests nine on charges of Russian-ordered sabotage
Poland has arrested nine people in connection with acts of sabotage committed in the country on the orders of Russian services, Prime Minister Donald Tusk said late on Monday.
Warsaw says its position as a hub for supplies to Ukraine has made it a key target for Russian intelligence services, and accuses Moscow of trying to destabilise the country.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...-charges-russian-ordered-sabotage-2024-05-21/
Europe Sees Signs of Russian Sabotage but Hesitates to Blame Kremlin
Alleged hybrid assault is a challenge to European democracies that have a high bar for evidence of culpability
European investigators increasingly see Russian fingerprints around recent acts of suspected sabotage on strategic infrastructure but are struggling to respond.
https://www.wsj.com/world/europe/eu...otage-but-hesitates-to-blame-kremlin-72598d4b

Last edited:

CSJ

And then Russians wonder why so many countries want to join NATO.

Tankies always say it's a NATO provocation that has caused this (it's BS of course).

NATO stopped growing for a long while in 1955 until 1982, then we saw all the fuckery Russia was up to in the 90s where, surprise surprise, countries wanted an allegiance for protection from 1999.
Add the 2nd Chechen War and Georgia from 1999 to 2009 and boom, a bunch more join NATO in 2004 (7 countries)/2009 (2 Countries), lets skip a bit Montenegro (lol Serbia/Russia links) and N. Macedonia (Oh hey Serbia main cause again hmmm wonder why).

Theeeeeeeen.... 2014 and 2022 in Ukraine.
What happens? Finland and Sweden join!

It's like they don't know why it's happening.
Or that like CSTO, they have a choice, also the same choices of 3 leaving in the span of 12 years)

Tankies always say it's a NATO provocation that has caused this (it's BS of course).

NATO stopped growing for a long while in 1955 until 1982, then we saw all the fuckery Russia was up to in the 90s where, surprise surprise, countries wanted an allegiance for protection from 1999.
Add the 2nd Chechen War and Georgia from 1999 to 2009 and boom, a bunch more join NATO in 2004 (7 countries)/2009 (2 Countries), lets skip a bit Montenegro (lol Serbia/Russia links) and N. Macedonia (Oh hey Serbia main cause again hmmm wonder why).

Theeeeeeeen.... 2014 and 2022 in Ukraine.
What happens? Finland and Sweden join!

It's like they don't know why it's happening.
Or that like CSTO, they have a choice, also the same choices of 3 leaving in the span of 12 years)
Putin is the best NATO salesman on the global market 😂

If one of Russia's strategic goals was to prevent NATO from gaining a border with thier country(one of thier main justifications for starting the war), they have utterly failed. Decades of neutrality from Sweden and Finland were completely undone after the Ukraine invasion.

Liljagare

Gold Member
Sweden plans $7 bln military support frame for Ukraine in 2024-2026
STOCKHOLM, May 22 (Reuters) - The Swedish government has agreed with its support party on a framework for additional military support to Ukraine totalling 75 billion crowns ($7.01 billion) over three years, it said on Wednesday.
"To strengthen the Swedish support to Ukraine, and increase the long-term perspective, the government and the Sweden Democrats have agreed to introduce a framework for the military support to Ukraine for the years 2024–2026," it said in a statement.
The 75 billion crowns will be equally divided over the three years. Including the proposed addition, Sweden's total planned military and other support to Ukraine will amount to over 100 billion crowns, it said.
It said military support under the new framework could include donations of defence equipment, financial contributions and financial support for the procurement of defence gear.
"The framework may burden the public finances for several years and even after 2026," it said.
($1 = 10.6914 Swedish crowns)
https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...y-support-frame-ukraine-2024-2026-2024-05-22/

Nonehxc

zgdINkq.jpeg

Fresh from the presses. Night kill from the mad dash yesternight.

What you're seeing is a brand spanking new T-90M, the bestest of the best until the überchad T-14 Armata or the official T-25 Turtlov enters mass production and makes an appearance, with add-on top 'armor' and...

...wait for it...

Two 80s style bank cameras slapped on top. Guess not having Thales or others supplying you really hurts. I mean, this is like if they slapped tractor wheels on a F-22

I'm just waiting for someone to confirm in a close up those cameras IR also need to have next to it a cheap chinese Aliexpress garden IR lamp just so they can see more than 5m in front. All while looking from any of our optics like a lighthouse from KM away 😙

Meanwhile, all our equipment are equipped with top notch optics and state of the art IR NV that can see a guy breathing from KM.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
zgdINkq.jpeg

Fresh from the presses. Night kill from the mad dash yesternight.

What you're seeing is a brand spanking new T-90M, the bestest of the best until the überchad T-14 Armata or the official T-25 Turtlov enters mass production and makes an appearance, with add-on top 'armor' and...

...wait for it...

Two 80s style bank cameras slapped on top. Guess not having Thales or others supplying you really hurts. I mean, this is like if they slapped tractor wheels on a F-22

I'm just waiting for someone to confirm in a close up those cameras IR also need to have next to it a cheap chinese Aliexpress garden IR lamp just so they can see more than 5m in front. All while looking from any of our optics like a lighthouse from KM away 😙

Meanwhile, all our equipment are equipped with top notch optics and state of the art IR NV that can see a guy breathing from KM.

As long as the turret can still swivel and the ammo is stored in the carousel underneath, a drone with a shaped charge slipping through the swivel armor gap will almost always result in a turret toss. So, I propose that Russia starts building tanks with fixed guns instead and eliminate that gap. Problem solved!

Nonehxc

7tOH6FX.jpeg

Kadyrovites turning into Kadaverites again after a long time in Vovschanks. You know the war isn't going too well for Russia when you start to see the privileged sons of countless generations of goat fucking inbreeding taken from the Rear Death Squads and thrown into the vanguard making tik-toks again. Translation is something like 'They won't hold much longer, we need jacks we need vehicles we need medics blablabla oh look that grinded goat's ass is still somewhat fuckable praise Allah 🐐 '

BONUS How many rubber tourniquets do you need, Überwarrior Beardfuckov?

YESarghghblrlblr... 💀

pwQT5e7.jpeg

Liljagare

Gold Member
2eVsk0K.jpeg

During Ukrainian countermeasures in the Kharkiv direction, the Russian army lost two tanks, two cannons, multiple rocket launchers, vehicles, and special equipment, reported the head of the Kharkiv garrison, Serhii Melnyk.
The General Staff reports that, over the past day, Ukrainian defense forces repelled an attack near Lyptsi. Fighting continues in the areas of Hlyboke and Vovchansk. The situation is under control, and the Ukrainian army did not lose any positions.

https://gwaramedia.com/en/military-...-in-kharkiv-direction-but-they-suffer-losses/

Last edited:
It's kind of crazy to think about but this is the most filmed and publicized war in history thanks to footage captured from drones and cellphones. Whoever decides to make a documentary after this conflict is over will have an ungodly amount of footage to curate. It's both a blessing and a curse for filmmakers.

Reactions: Gp1

FunkMiller

Gold Member
ATACMS cluster munitions from yesterday wreaking utter havok on the S-400 batteries, vehicles and radars of Mospino Airfield, Donetsk.

Credit to Tivaz_Artillery company, think that's their Telegram.

5kXFuFa.jpeg

Yeeep I don't think that 800m$ state of the art russian technology fared much good against a 1m$ cluster ATACMS 😐

30 year old ATACMS.

Just think how quickly this war would have been over if the gutless west had provided state of the art munitions.

Meicyn

Gold Member
30 year old ATACMS.

Just think how quickly this war would have been over if the gutless west had provided state of the art munitions.
What’s additionally frustrating is that 💩tin is now pushing out the “I want a ceasefire” messaging again, which means some western leaders will begin doing the usual “let’s not be too hasty, Ukraine should consider it” rhetoric once more.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
What’s additionally frustrating is that 💩tin is now pushing out the “I want a ceasefire” messaging again, which means some western leaders will begin doing the usual “let’s not be too hasty, Ukraine should consider it” rhetoric once more.

Of course. He knows exactly what buttons to press. That old fuck in the White House had better support Zelensky 100% when he tells the goat fucker to piss off.

Gp1

ATACMS cluster munitions from yesterday wreaking utter havok on the S-400 batteries, vehicles and radars of Mospino Airfield, Donetsk.

Credit to Tivaz_Artillery company, think that's their Telegram.
5kXFuFa.jpeg

Yeeep I don't think that 800m$ state of the art russian technology fared much good against a 1m$ cluster ATACMS 😐

Turkey seeing this after being washed out of the F-35 program because it bought some S-400s
Real Housewives Table Flip GIF

ps. Just to embed the video

Liljagare

Gold Member
Warning, non english post, but I need to say this.

N Nonehxc Пожалуйста, прекратите публиковать так много шутливых постов о смерти людей. они по-прежнему являются советскими людьми с промытыми мозгами, и это невесело. То, что происходит, — это трагедия, а не комедия. Никто в Украине не празднует смерть друг друга.

Будь ласка, припиніть жартувати про смерть, це несмачно.

Please stop posting so many jokey posts about people dying. they still recognize themselves as brainwashed Soviet people, and it's not fun. What is happening is a tragedy, not a comedy. No one in Ukraine celebrates each other's death. Please stop making jokes about death, it's in bad taste

Last edited:

BlackTron

Warning, non english post, but I need to say this.

N Nonehxc Пожалуйста, прекратите публиковать так много шутливых постов о смерти людей. они по-прежнему являются советскими людьми с промытыми мозгами, и это невесело. То, что происходит, — это трагедия, а не комедия. Никто в Украине не празднует смерть друг друга.

Будь ласка, припиніть жартувати про смерть, це несмачно.

Please stop posting so many jokey posts about people dying. they still recognize themselves as brainwashed Soviet people, and it's not fun. What is happening is a tragedy, not a comedy. No one in Ukraine celebrates each other's death. Please stop making jokes about death, it's in bad taste

Glad someone said this. The people being sent to the meat grinder don't want to be there. Yeah I know "it's the Russians people's fault for not rising against Putin" but if you were unfortunate enough to be born in Russia, I wonder how easy it would be for you to overthrow the regime or escape conscription. "The people" at large are at fault yes, but individual deaths are still tragedies that don't deserve to be ridiculed by thousands. You don't know that person's story.

I have a general war question that technically could pertain to ukraine.

How feasible is it to launch/target/etc missles/bombs stationed in ukraine but remotely controlled from…..elsewhere?

Just wondering like…. Could countries not put boots on the ground in Ukraine, lend Ukraine weapons, and then do that targeting and shooting from another country? All under the guise that its ukraine fighting and manning it all?

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I have a general war question that technically could pertain to ukraine.

How feasible is it to launch/target/etc missles/bombs stationed in ukraine but remotely controlled from…..elsewhere?

Just wondering like…. Could countries not put boots on the ground in Ukraine, lend Ukraine weapons, and then do that targeting and shooting from another country? All under the guise that its ukraine fighting and manning it all?
You don't think the US/UK have boots on the ground in Ukraine? Spec Ops from both countries have no doubt been there from the start same with Intelligence officers, what we need is visible boots on the ground from NATO, positioned all along the Northern and Eastern borders of Belarus / Cunt Russia as peace keepers and a deterrence force, free up the Ukrainians to concentrate on the southern front without having to worry about other fronts opening up, Russia wouldn't dare strike em lest he bring NATO fully into the war

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Glad someone said this. The people being sent to the meat grinder don't want to be there. Yeah I know "it's the Russians people's fault for not rising against Putin" but if you were unfortunate enough to be born in Russia, I wonder how easy it would be for you to overthrow the regime or escape conscription. "The people" at large are at fault yes, but individual deaths are still tragedies that don't deserve to be ridiculed by thousands. You don't know that person's story.
No fuck each and every one of them and I for one celebrate every single one of their miserable lives being snuffed out, they are an invading force of subhuman cunts and I don't give a single shit if they got there through cohersion or against their will, they'll still lift a gun and kill Ukrainians or rape women if they get their hands on them, I keep my respect for the ones who surrender or kill their commanders, the rest are nothing but kill counts on an ever increasing leaderboard

BlackTron

No fuck each and every one of them and I for one celebrate every single one of their miserable lives being snuffed out, they are an invading force of subhuman cunts and I don't give a single shit if they got there through cohersion or against their will, they'll still lift a gun and kill Ukrainians or rape women if they get their hands on them, I keep my respect for the ones who surrender or kill their commanders, the rest are nothing but kill counts on an ever increasing leaderboard

I'm definitely in agreement that the faster Russian troop numbers are cleared out, the better. Using bullets, if necessary. Better for cluster bombs to wipe a platoon than for a single bullet to strike a Ukrainian. But I won't celebrate the end of their sad lives, I don't envy a population groomed and manipulated by a greater evil for years and then told to shoot someone else at gunpoint. Also knowing full well if you do anything to fuck with the government, your family might get in trouble as well. We should celebrate tactical advances in the war but not take extra pleasure when it happens to come in the form of excessive human death and suffering.

Liljagare

Gold Member
Ukrainian defenders from the 57th Separate Motorized Infantry Brigade have shown how Vovchansk, Kharkiv region, which Russian troops are trying to capture, looks from the sky.
The drone operators of the 57th Brigade filmed the view of the city from above for hromadske.

Bodies of civilians scattered on the roads… charred apartment buildings… family homes on fire…
Within 12 days Russia turned Vovchansk into another Bucha… or Avdiivka… Bakhmut? Irpin?
It's now just like any other Ukrainian town Russia ‘liberates’...
Video: libkos.

Explosions and smoke in the area of the Saki military airfield, where the 43rd fighter aviation regiment of the Russians is based. It is armed with Su-24 bombers and Su-30 fighters. Smoke is also rising in the Novofedorivka area. The road between Sakami and Yevpatoria is closed.

Ukraine receives additional IRIS-T air defense system from Germany.

https://news.liga.net/en/politics/n...ot-germanii-dopolnitelnuyu-sistemu-pvo-iris-t

Last edited:

LimanimaPT

And some users get offended when people here crack jokes about ruzzian soldiers being slaughtered. How is it possible in the XXI century we get to see entire cities in Europe being tottaly razed?
This looks like XXII. There's no doubt that Ruzzians are the new nazis and putin the new hitler.

Top Bottom