• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Legends of the Zone Trilogy Available Today - $40 Together, $20 Individual (Games are BC on PS5/Series, no Native Release)

Bry0

They are very unique and super engaging. It’s rare when a game feels like it transports me into its world. This series does it so well.
It’s wonderful. The atmosphere and everything is a big part but for me it’s the little details too. The a-life system, managing inventory, food, energy drinks, armor and weapon condition, getting into a firefight and keeping an eye on my ammo expenditure, getting jumped by a pack of dogs. It’s such an emergent experience. I feel like every time I play these games something happens that feels new.

Flabagast

I played the first one a few years ago and thought it was incredible, but never continued the series

How is clear sky ?

Last edited:
Got to the
you help Bis or whatever his name is gets your help to defend the garbage area
and it crashed.

Now my game crashes at that point every single time I do it. So pretty accurate to the pc version lol

Still great games. I never actually finished CoP so I’ll probably jump to it. I played SoC all the way through within the last year anyway.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I played the first one and few years ago and thought it was incredible, but never continued the series

How is clear sky ?
It looked way better, but wasn’t as good as the first, imo. The lighting system was all new and made it look fantastic.

Last edited:

Bry0

Got to the
you help Bis or whatever his name is gets your help to defend the garbage area
and it crashed.

Now my game crashes at that point every single time I do it. So pretty accurate to the pc version lol

Still great games. I never actually finished CoP so I’ll probably jump to it. I played SoC all the way through within the last year anyway.
What system? I did that section on ps5 with no issue.

Kupfer

PS5. I'm sure I can choose an earlier save and get around it and I already got the trophy for completing is successfully so I'm not THAT worried about it.
Also it's like 2 hours into the game if you know, what you are doing.
Sure, it's annoying, but you can make up for it quickly if necessary

april6e

What in the hell? I literally just bought the Stalker games on PC because there were no announcements of a remake of the older games so I thought I was safe. Are the graphics of the console remake better than the modded PC versions (specifically Autumn Aurora 2)? The PC game doesn't really have good controller support which immediately makes me want to rebuy the console version.

Last edited:
What in the hell? I literally just bought the Stalker games on PC because there were no announcements of a remake of the older games so I thought I was safe. Are the graphics of the console remake better than the modded PC versions (specifically Autumn Aurora 2)? The PC game doesn't really have good controller support which immediately makes me want to rebuy the console version.
I would assume that Stalker on PC has a lot more community fixes. The original games were always Eurojank.

xrnzaaas

I caved and bought the Series X version. My impressions about the technical state are very positive - no crashes and no major bugs except for minor stuff like the enemy running towards the wall during the battle. Only the aim assist seems to fail to work properly in some situations... I've turned it off completely and the game is still very much playable on the controller. I like the shortcuts and the weapon wheel, although it would be nice to be able to have 2 larger weapons on it.

And damn, Shadow of Chornobyl is still as great as I remembered. The atmosphere is incredible, the world feels alive and it gets challenging very fast. I've died quite a few times trying to deal with the guys with machine guns under the train tracks in Cordon. :)

111.jpg

222.jpg

Last edited:

intbal

I was about to pull the trigger on these games, but then I remembered how unplayable they were for me without the carry weight mod.
I'm guessing these console versions have the original limits.

xrnzaaas

I was about to pull the trigger on these games, but then I remembered how unplayable they were for me without the carry weight mod.
I'm guessing these console versions have the original limits.
It's 50 kilos in Shadow in Chornobyl (without the artifact).

R6Rider

Gold Member
Does anybody know what the FoV is for consoles? Or if there is a slider?

Seems they changed the titles to Ukrainian spelling.

Last edited:

april6e

I caved and bought the Series X version. My impressions about the technical state are very positive - no crashes and no major bugs except for minor stuff like the enemy running towards the wall during the battle. Only the aim assist seems to fail to work properly in some situations... I've turned it off completely and the game is still very much playable on the controller. I like the shortcuts and the weapon wheel, although it would be nice to be able to have 2 larger weapons on it.

And damn, Shadow of Chornobyl is still as great as I remembered. The atmosphere is incredible, the world feels alive and it gets challenging very fast. I've died quite a few times trying to deal with the guys with machine guns under the train tracks in Cordon. :)

111.jpg

222.jpg

I found an in-game photo of Autumn Aurora 2 mod on PC of this same scene I believe. The photo you posted looks way better. I feel like an absolute clown now for purchasing the trilogy on PC last week.

1QadW8N.png

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Nah, the modded PC version will still look better at the end of the day, I think. I'm just happy that the console ports look and play very good, because I've largely strayed away from PC gaming years ago.

Last edited:
While true, if the age rating for the game - which was renewed for the re-release, I might add - isn't sufficient coverage for the content of the game, then what's the point of that rating? When beloved fifteen year old sci-fi euro-jank shooters need a "modern standards" disclaimer to fend off the social media bloodhounds, I gotta wonder: why don't Steam, Xbox, and PlayStation just show a mandatory "modern standards" disclaimer whenever you launch any game on their platform if it's this ubiqious?
Or why is it OK to cap a fool in the head, kill countless people but oh no some npc made a joke using a 3 or 4 letter word... Oh my, lol.... Sorry but if a game is rated M any words should be fine to say. Or else they are saying words are worse than violence?

It makes no sense. I am glad noting was touched and loving replaying on xbx, but damn I hate that they feel obliged to out in these stupid disclaimers to fend off the blue hairs at the gate.

Last edited:

Kerotan

First time stalker came to playstation? Big addition ahead of stalker 2. I wonder will MS move forward the playstation release date.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Among the many classic gaming franchises, GSC Game World's S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is perhaps one of the most underrated. Though it's working hard on the upcoming sequel, its trilogy of classics has mostly been relegated to history. Until now, that is.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Legends of the Zone Trilogy packs S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chornobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat into one package with a few extra additions. The visuals have seen some slight improvements, including enhanced performance, there are and new control settings. By and large, however, this is the same trilogy that fans know and love.

Though some quirks remain, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Legends of the Zone Trilogy is an excellent way to experience the classics. From its uniquely horrifying mood to the compelling survival sandbox, it prompts a new appreciation for the series.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
So i just did everything i could in Cordon and entered Garbage and i have to say i've fallen in love with this. Atmosphere is outstanding and i like the unforgiving nature of the game. Death lies around every corner and can be nearly instant while exploration is quite meaningful and rewarding. Very excited to play more.

If i had to nitpick than that the dynamic range of the audio could be better. Smashing crates is way to loud while rain and thunder is to quite for example. The sound for rain also easily cuts out. Game crashed once but i have enough backup saves.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Been playing these on the Series X since they came out. Had my first hard lock of the console yesterday. Was doing the rescue mission for the Duty member you help ambush the raiders..

Fought through the whole compound and had just rescued the man, BzzZzZZZz, rainbow screen

Shit!

Haven't seen that since I was playing this game on the PC back in the day. It was normally followed by 'X-Ray engine error'

Hope it's not going to become the norm the further you get into the games on the collection.

BigLee74

What is the framerate on these games?

I remember getting the original stalker on PC, and enjoying it until I just stopped playing for some reason. Will pick up if 60fps!

Kupfer

So i just did everything i could in Cordon and entered Garbage and i have to say i've fallen in love with this. Atmosphere is outstanding and i like the unforgiving nature of the game. Death lies around every corner and can be nearly instant while exploration is quite meaningful and rewarding. Very excited to play more.

If i had to nitpick than that the dynamic range of the audio could be better. Smashing crates is way to loud while rain and thunder is to quite for example. The sound for rain also easily cuts out. Game crashed once but i have enough backup saves.
Is it your first time playing the series?
There's much to learn about the zone.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member

If you've got a good PC, you should give the Misery mod a go for it. There's nothing like it..

After playing such mods it always makes it 10x harder going back to vanilla Stalker.

Con-Z-epT

If you've got a good PC, you should give the Misery mod a go for it. There's nothing like it..

After playing such mods it always makes it 10x harder going back to vanilla Stalker.

Looks awesome but i play it on the console. They said they will patch in mod support for consoles later this year so lets hope it will be a meaningful addition. I'm good for now, having three games in front of me. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Con-Z-epT

Is it your first time playing the series?
There's much to learn about the zone.

Yes, first time playing these games.

Cordon provided an somewhat easy entry so far and i don't fell overwhelmed. Rescuing Nimble was a chokepoint but after my fellow rescuers died and i could get my hands onto the shotgun it was managable. Radiation is nearly non existent here and bleeding or hunger haven't been as severe as i expected. Couldn't get through the tunnel because of the anomaly but managed to get over the bridge to not pay a penny to pass under it. And packs of blind dogs or boars have been no problem with an elevated position. Or i just run away. Firefights are definitely brutal, even with better weapons.

Granted it took time to figure this out.

Artifacts seem kinda useless as of now since the stat boost is marginal together with the inherent radiation. I guess i will find better ones later on. And after i randomly stumbled into bushes wich covered 400 pcs of pistol ammo i make sure to turn around every nook and cranny which provide me more than i could ask for.

I feel confident so far.

Kupfer

Yes, first time playing these games.

Cordon provided an somewhat easy entry so far and i don't fell overwhelmed. Rescuing Nimble was a chokepoint but after my fellow rescuers died and i could get my hands onto the shotgun it was managable. Radiation is nearly non existent here and bleeding or hunger haven't been as severe as i expected. Couldn't get through the tunnel because of the anomaly but managed to get over the bridge to not pay a penny to pass under it. And packs of blind dogs or boars have been no problem with an elevated position. Or i just run away. Firefights are definitely brutal, even with better weapons.

Granted it took time to figure this out.

Artifacts seem kinda useless as of now since the stat boost is marginal together with the inherent radiation. I guess i will find better ones later on. And after i randomly stumbled into bushes wich covered 400 pcs of pistol ammo i make sure to turn around every nook and cranny which provide me more than i could ask for.

I feel confident so far.
Awesome to hear you like it and feel immersed to it.

Keep an eye out for secret stashes, which will be marked on your PDA when you find dead bodies with information on them. Some stashes are very well hidden and some won't even be uncovered by found intel.
And yeah, there are some artifacts which will really make your time in the zone a lot easier later on - assumed you'll find them.

I'm not going to spoil anything but keep in mind you can climb stuff and get to places you may not even consider trying to reach in other games.

Stay alert and good hunting Stalker

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Awesome to hear you like it and feel immersed to it.

Keep an eye out for secret stashes, which will be marked on your PDA when you find dead bodies with information on them. Some stashes are very well hidden and some won't even be uncovered by found intel.
And yeah, there are some artifacts which will really make your time in the zone a lot easier later on - assumed you'll find them.

I'm not going to spoil anything but keep in mind you can climb stuff and get to places you may not even consider trying to reach in other games.

Stay alert and good hunting Stalker

Yes it's incredible for that matter.

Just helped Bes clear the raid and while i was talking to him afterwards another fight broke out and he took a bullet to the head. He just gave me some money seconds ago. Crazy. Garbage feels much more intense already. You're always on the edge here it seems.

I really take my time to find a way on top of any building i come across. Given that most in the rookie camp already provided something i figured it made sense. The game also throws insane amounts of items at you when you explore thorough. As i'm used to collecting everything, from other games, here i have to readjust and think about what i need. There is a certain flow to this that i haven't figured out. Also timed quest unnerve me.

Kupfer

Yes it's incredible for that matter.

Just helped Bes clear the raid and while i was talking to him afterwards another fight broke out and he took a bullet to the head. He just gave me some money seconds ago. Crazy. Garbage feels much more intense already. You're always on the edge here it seems.

I really take my time to find a way on top of any building i come across. Given that most in the rookie camp already provided something i figured it made sense. The game also throws insane amounts of items at you when you explore thorough. As i'm used to collecting everything, from other games, here i have to readjust and think about what i need. There is a certain flow to this that i haven't figured out. Also timed quest unnerve me.
Yes, it's a bit of a role-playing game and managing your inventory sensibly is part of it, just like packing your backpack with useful items before a real trip.

Which weapon makes sense? What ammunition does the enemy use in this area for a constant supply? How many medikits / bandages still fit? Do I really need 10 grenades? What do I have to be prepared for?

But don't worry, you can also store items in static crates and come back to get supplies - at least in the pc version, I'm not aware of items stored in crates despawning.

I recently played through SoC again on the Steam Deck, it must have been the 7th time or so. For me, the game is simply an evergreen that you can enjoy again every few years.

But I have a question, can you quick save and quick load on the console? At least on the Deck I had to make some use of it, as the controls caused the difficulty to spike from time to time compared to the PC version. But maybe they addressed this and implemented some assists on console.

Gyro aim while aim down sights was a real livesaver on the Deck, is this function also available on the PS4/5? (if you play the playstation version)

How does the low crouch function work on the console? Crouch is clear, but how do you get from this position into the even lower crouch?

Last edited:

Kupfer

It's really fun reading new player impressions and knowing what's coming.
Be Quiet Season 2 GIF by Martin

But yeah, I'm looking forward for updates from Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT
I can feel the excitement of exploring and experiencing the world and its peculiarities for the first time. It's hard to believe it's been 17 years ...

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Yes, it's a bit of a role-playing game and managing your inventory sensibly is part of it, just like packing your backpack with useful items before a real trip.

Which weapon makes sense? What ammunition does the enemy use in this area for a constant supply? How many medikits / bandages still fit? Do I really need 10 grenades? What do I have to be prepared for?

But don't worry, you can also store items in static crates and come back to get supplies - at least in the pc version, I'm not aware of items stored in crates despawning.

I recently played through SoC again on the Steam Deck, it must have been the 7th time or so. For me, the game is simply an evergreen that you can enjoy again every few years.

But I have a question, can you quick save and quick load on the console? At least on the Deck I had to make some use of it, as the controls caused the difficulty to spike from time to time compared to the PC version. But maybe they addressed this and implemented some assists on console.

Gyro aim while aim down sights was a real livesaver on the Deck, is this function also available on the PS4/5? (if you play the playstation version)

How does the low crouch function work on the console? Crouch is clear, but how do you get from this position into the even lower crouch?

Exactly, it makes you very mindful of what you really need and is rewarding when things turn out well. I just need time to dial in on what matters or what i prefer. First i hoarded like a mad man.

I'm aware of the static staches but i haven't considered them much since they aren't connected. I guess it's about building up individual ones while you move along the zones and always have something in reach.

There is no quicksave/load function on consoles. 24 individual save states are available and the game also keeps the last 6 autosaves available. It's around 4 button presses to save and loading is very quick so it's not to bad.

There sadly is no gyro aim available on PS5. They implemented aim assist but i didn't really like it all that much and turned it off. Otherwise sensitivity settings for normal aim and ads. I'm still fiddling around with this and haven't found the right settings just yet.

From standing to crouch with a press on circle and the lower crouch with holding circle for a longer time.

Top Bottom