• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SaGa Scarlet Grace Ambitions |OT|

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
CFVnAEO.png

Developer and Publisher
Square Enix

Release Date
SaGa Scarlet Grace
PlayStation Vita JP: December 15, 2016

SaGa Scarlet Grace Ambitions
NS, PS4, Win, Android, iOS JP: August 2, 2018
WW: December 3, 2019

Gameplay
SaGa: Scarlet Grace is a role-playing video game in which players take control of four different protagonist through separate scenarios; each character can pick up a group of followers, with up to four joining them in battle. Prior to starting the game, the player is asked a series of questions; the answers allow the game to recommend which character to start with. The core narrative is advanced by completing events on the game's world map; these events range from battles to story-based interactions with non-playable characters (NPCs). Due to the nonlinear gameplay of Scarlet Grace, events can be completed in any order or ignored entirely, with which events were completed impacting the narrative and later events. The world map is represented using two-dimensional (2D) artwork, while the chosen protagonist is represented using a three-dimensional (3D) model. Prior to triggering a battle, the enemy's strength and loot are displayed.

Synopsis
The story follows four protagonists pursuing separate missions across the splintered remains of a lost empire; central to the plot is the Fire Bringer, a deity hostile to humanity. Gameplay focuses on the game's four protagonists exploring the world in a nonlinear fashion, taking part in turn-based battles where skill growth depends on usage in battle.

Screenshots

rANZpeO.jpg

ww1HqMe.jpg

aHC5Qh1.jpg

Trailer

Credits
Wikipedia
Square Enix Blog

dottme

How is this games? Looking at the video without knowing too much, it was looking outdated. Then i learned it’s a vita port which explain a lot.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I saw this on the App Store. The screenshots don’t do it justice. Chaos Rings 3 had a Vita port in Japan. I just wonder if this is any good?

Labadal

Very late response, but the game is great. I can't put it down. If you like rpgs, this is definitely worth a try. I've been having a blast. The world map exploration is fun, the combat is deeper than it first lets on and it somewhat feels like a board game. This is my favorite game of 2019.

KàIRóS

Very late response, but the game is great. I can't put it down. If you like rpgs, this is definitely worth a try. I've been having a blast. The world map exploration is fun, the combat is deeper than it first lets on and it somewhat feels like a board game. This is my favorite game of 2019.

Glad to see someone else who enjoyed the game, I'm in my final playthrough playing as Taria, the battle system in this game is fucking addicting and the stories are surprisingly well written.

Xeaker

Is this game for me if I like Saga Frontier 2, Unlimited Saga and Romancing Saga 2?
Never heard of this before, just saw it randomly mentioned in some forum WTF
Is there better performance on PS4?

Last edited:

Labadal

Is this game for me if I like Saga Frontier 2, Unlimited Saga and Romancing Saga 2?
Never heard of this before, just saw it randomly mentioned in some forum WTF
Is there better performance on PS4?
It's worth it, I think. Performance is passable from what I remember.

Pretty sure you'll like it if you liked those titles.

Compared to previous titles Scarlet Grace is a bit harder and more complex but in exchange, it actually explains all mechanics in an ingame guide.

Last edited:
Top Bottom