• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row (2022) Sold 1.7 Million Units Before Volition's Closure

saints-row-volition-scaled-e1693626061677.jpg

According to a past employee at Volition, Saints Row (2022) sold around 1.7 million units total before the developer was shut down.

Spotted by Twitter user @bogorad222, Saints Row’s community and social media manager on LinkedIn revealed that the game sold 1.7 million units.

VGC reports that based on these sales figures it is likely the lowest selling entry in franchise history

If true, it would mean the reboot has sold less than every mainline entry in the franchise. Saints Row The Third is the highest selling entry at over 5.5 million copies, with Saints Row 2 managing 3.4 million. The original game in the series, which was released only on Xbox 360, sold over 2 million copies.

While current sales figures for Saints Row 4 aren’t available, the game sold over 1 million copies in its opening week in 2013, meaning that it’s very likely it exceeded the 1.7 million sales of Saints Row in its lifespan.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I couldn’t stop laughing when I saw that this "remake" of a game that was about gang warfare was turned into this zoomer trash.

You had this dude with his fucking skinny jeans and a bowtie talking to another shirtless dude who went, "I’m telling you, they’re trying to build a post-capitalistic society where money isn’t a concept." Was this shit in the first game lol? Almost certain it wasn’t and the tone was completely different.

Last edited:

Power Pro

I wonder how many of those were hate purchases to try and laugh at the pile of poop on display.
I got it early on just so I could give it a fair chance. See if there was some good past all the bull shit marketing, and stupid insults the developer threw at their fans.

No....this game was fucking awful. I tried for hours to see if it got better, but it just got worse. It played like shit, the missions were brain dead and not fun, the characters made me want to strangle them, and WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU LARPING IN THIS GAME?!

poodaddy

Retailers were also flooded with copies of the game that didn't sell. I got this physical deluxe version for around €20 just 3 or 4 months after the game released lol.

saints-row-notorious-edition-1630333525332.jpeg
Why'd you waste 20 bucks, (or quid as you limey fellas so lovingly describe it), on that? You could have bought 4 shitty sandwiches, two decent ones, or one really good one for that amount, but instead you have promotional material from a terrible game that you'd be ashamed to let anyone see lol.

Why'd you waste 20 bucks, (or quid as you limey fellas so lovingly describe it), on that? You could have bought 4 shitty sandwiches, two decent ones, or one really good one for that amount, but instead you have promotional material from a terrible game that you'd be ashamed to let anyone see lol.
Let's just say that I spent more money on shittier games than this one lol.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
The game is literally woke trash. Your friend is a bisexual dude who talks about his past boyfriends and girlfriends, they put a brown lesbian as the protagonist, the game is about how "capitalism bad" and they removed pretty much all the vulgarity of the originals and added their cringe zoomer writing.
Go woke get broke. I'd say fuck off and die but seems they already did. 😊

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
i don't even recall the circumstances that got this into my library... had to have been some deep sale + being in a weird mood, but i do recall not even making it through the tutorial before immediately deleting it.

Despite many sales not being full price (and reducing sales probabilities by giving it to some millions Plus users rather early), reaching almost 2mio. and still being an utter failure just shows how insane the expectations and sales needs of the big and wannabe big games are.

Considering the fate of the Sleeping Dogs dev and the love I not really fully understand that game got, not chasing DEI or whatever might have changed nothing.
Mediocrity was seemingly only okayish during PS1 to PS3 and the tiem for them was just up.
While I think we need studios like Volition, their games never were really good. Red Faction was meh with destruction stuff that was overhyped, and SR had its most memorable idea with the huge dildo, or maybe its color scheme.

It went up on PSN+ recently and I wouldn't even deign to sully my M2. SSD with that shit.

Fuck new Volition and their hatred of their old fanbase. Fuck the purple-haired activist nutters that took over the studio. They infected the studio that made Red Faction: Guerilla with their mind rot and drove it into the ground.

That's a mega Roblox "Oof".

Especially, when considering how their Social Media manager combated against people and criticisms on Twitter.

rofif

Banned
fixed that for you ;)
matt czuchry conrad hawkins GIF by The Resident on FOX
dude wtf. Saints row games were amazing. 3 and 4 ? dude. So much stupidity and so cool games. The satire in those games is off the charts. The characters even more so. At least in 3. 4 goes a bit mute.
We have a horrible hobby of gifting each other saints row games and stuff lol with my best friend. Saints row 1 that is lol because it's jank city.
Like... I've gifted him 4 copies of saints row1, mouse pad, a cup, another saints row 1 copy in a frame lol. The dude doens't have an xbox 360 lol.
I even bought us Saints row SWEAT PANTS lol.
I myself have a big saints row mouse pad, a smaller one and all physical copies.

You've not lived until you played saints row 4 in vr cinema, in vr, in split screen.... and characters are in vr world too. It's vr in vr in vr.
pgtJM9o.png

We played a couple of online coop games in vr after my friend moved out to a different city. We used to do couch coop daily.
Like how awesome is that? You can set up bigscreen vr so I have my screen in front of my, buddy plays on cinema screen. We can both see each other screens, talk to each other, throw popcorn.
It was the best vr use ever.

btw my saints row mousepad lol. I've not even played that new game and I have a collectors edition (it was 10$ new) and collectibles. The brand is good. The strength was always to recognize how bad these games are. So bad it's good. The last one should've never been made though.
But at least I got kick ass mousepads out of it!
previous one
xhPCP6g.jpeg

Current one
dVdmW4s.jpeg

Puscifer

Didn't Saints Row 4 sell about that in like a week? And that wasn't even the best selling of the series. Fuck even the OG that was only on 360 sold more.
And the OG had more physics interaction than the new one. Everything is super static.

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
All people from this ex-studio responsable of this creative misery fiasco and disaster should receive in their home ALL the unsold physical copies as a punishment until the end of their life.

what is this no GIF

Saber

This games was made by soycucks for the same soycucks who created this garbage. From the impressions of veteran devs inside, they never have any intention to make this game for the fans, let alone players. They created this game already being offended by everyone(aka they are crazy people) and were willing to let the company go down over pleasing customers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom