• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse Remastered launches August 14

Been waiting for this. Trilogy is complete now, which is awesome. Hopefully Telltale doesn't make a new one. I'm sure they'd screw it up.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Are those any good? Loved Hit the Road when I was a wee lad, but never played any of the modern ones.

Point-and-click adventure game remaster Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse Remastered will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on August 14 for $19.99, developer Skunkape Games announced.

I had a lot of fun playing it on the PS3. Funnily enough, when my PS+ subscription ended, I discovered that only chapter 1 got blocked, so I had the chance to finish the other chapters.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
The newer Sam & Max games just cant touch Hit the Road, easily one of the best LucasArts point n clicks ever.

Telltale has always been a C tier wannabe to those classics

Gambit2483

Going to guess Limited Run will be doing the physical edition for this one as well. I'll just wait until it's announced then (surprised it wasn't in their "Not E3" direct)

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
The original version of this was always the most visually ugly game in the series. They were never stunners, but they were at least colorful, but Devil's Playhouse was a mess of brown color and muddy textures and blurry normal maps, it was really an awful looking game.

The remaster looks great, and feels a lot more consistent with the first two season remasters as well. I have been playing these remasters with my daughter and having a great time.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Will this one be censored to shit too like the last one?
Censored to shit is a massive overstatement, they changed a couple lines. I get that it's the principle for some people but it's really not anything you would notice or care about. They recast Bosco and I don't like the new voice as much though.

Top Bottom