• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sampha || Process || Out February 3rd || "If ever you're listening..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
process-samphagyje2.jpg

|| Available Here ||

The Young Turks
Amazon
iTunes
Google Play

c3sllctvcaerjyz5cjem.jpg

|| Streaming ||

Spotify

|| Track List ||

Plastic 100°C
Blood On Me
Kora Sings
(No One Knows Me) Like The Piano
Take Me Inside
Reverse Faults
Under
Timmy's Prayer
Incomplete Kisses
What Shouldn't I Be?
|| Social Media ||

Official Site
Facebook
Instagram
Soundcloud
Youtube

|| Singles ||

Timmy's Prayer
Blood On Me
(No One Knows Me) Like The Piano
Plastic 100°C (Live Performance)

|| Tour ||

Touring in support of The xx w/ Kelela denoted in the "+" dates

North American Tour Dates 2017

Apr 15 San Francisco, CA at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium ^
Apr 16 San Francisco, CA at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium ^
Apr 19 Mesa, AZ at Mesa Ampitheatre ^
Apr 21 Indio, CA at Coachella
Apr 23 Portland, OR at Rose Quarter Memorial Coliseum ^
Apr 24 Seattle, WA at WaMu Theater ^
Apr 25 Vancouver, Canada at Thunderbird Arena UBC ^
Apr 28 St. Paul, MN at Palace Theatre ^
Apr 29 Milwaukee, WI at The Eagles Ballroom ^
May 01 Chicago, IL at Aragon Ballroom ^
May 02 Detroit, MI at Masonic Temple Theatre ^
May 03 Cleveland, OH at Jacobs Pavilion ^
May 05 Columbus, OH at Express Live! ^
May 06 Columbia, MD at Merriweather Post Pavilion ^
May 08 Dallas, TX at South Side Ballroom ^
May 09 Houston, TX at Revention Music Center ^
May 10 Austin, TX ACL Live at the Moody Theater ^
May 11 Austin, TX ACL Live at the Moody Theater ^
May 12 Atlanta, GA at Shaky Knees Music Festival
May 14 Raleigh, NC at Red Hat Amphitheater ^
May 16 Pittsburgh, PA at Stage AE ^
May 17 Philadelphia, PA Skyline Stage at the Mann ^
May 19 New York, NY at Forest Hills Stadium ^
May 20 New York, NY at Forest Hills Stadium ^
May 22 Toronto, Canada at Echo Beach +
May 23 Toronto, Canada at Echo Beach +
May 24 Montreal, Canada at Parc Jean Drapeau +
May 26 Portland, ME at Thompson's Point +

|| Articles ||

Sampha's Search For Magic - [The Fader]
Sampha Reveals Details About His First Full-Length Album ‘Process' - [Nylon]
Watch the Trailer for Sampha's New Film 'Process' Directed by Kahlil Joseph (Director of Lemonade) - [P4]
Sampha, a Wounded Voice for Drake and Beyoncé, Steps Out With ‘Process' - [The New York Times]

c16jebtvqaapnwpv3k82.jpg

|| Reviews ||

Sampha: Process review – an unlikely star is born - [The Guardian]

Listening to his debut album, you find yourself wondering if he felt impelled to make it for personal reasons, rather than from any great desire to launch himself as a star. It often feels like an unburdening of heavy emotional baggage, that brings to mind the late Tony Wilson's famous line about Joy Division making music because ”they had no fucking choice".

Sampha – ‘Process' Review - [NME]

More often the music is subtle, however. It's simply an accompaniment to Sampha's main instrument: his voice.

Review: Sampha, Drake Songwriter, Steps Out on Powerful 'Process' - [Rolling Stone]

The breathy voice of London singer/songwriter Sampha Sisay, 27, is a remarkable instrument: indelibly evanescent, fragile yet powerful across his entire range.

Sampha: Process Album Review - 8.6 BNM [P4]

In Sampha's world, the piano is one of the few things that's always been there. It's never gotten sick or faded away from disease. ”You would show me I had something some people call a soul," he sings on ”(No One Knows Me) Like the Piano," a gorgeous ballad and one of many standouts from Process, Sampha's remarkable debut album.

|| Past Works ||

LionPride

Banned
I got a friend who is a Sampha fan making me listen to this, I like peeps under The Young Turks label so I should be straight

overcast

I'm ready to cry. Great OP wenis.

Feels like I've been hearing Sampha for years because I have. He's been all over the map and it's great to finally hear a fully thought out project of his.

wenis

I'm ready to cry. Great OP wenis.

Feels like I've been hearing Sampha for years because I have. He's been all over the map and it's great to finally hear a fully thought out project of his.
I debated including his features and guest work but there was so much it'd be a new OP.

wenis

New Review (and shameless bump)

Sampha: Process Album Review - 8.6 BNM [P4]

In Sampha’s world, the piano is one of the few things that’s always been there. It’s never gotten sick or faded away from disease. “You would show me I had something some people call a soul,” he sings on “(No One Knows Me) Like the Piano,” a gorgeous ballad and one of many standouts from Process, Sampha’s remarkable debut album.

overcast

Whew this is my favorite of the year so far.

Didn't know if he would live up to the wonderful singles but this is just an incredibly talented man with a knack for emotion like few others.

Kora Sings.
Reverse Faults.
Plastic 100.
Blood On Me.

This album is fantastic, probably my favorite album of the year so far. It melds electronic with Sampha's style so gorgeously, despite the fact it doesn't go as far as some of his early SBTRKT collaborations.

I was hoping for at least one SBTRKT collaboration but I don't know if they've fallen out or if he's gotten so famous he hasn't needed Sampha anymore.

Album is pretty great Sampha has such a amazing voice dude can really get caught up in the feels. my favorites No One Knows Me Like My Piano, 100C Plastic, Under, Incomplete Kisses and Timmys Prayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom