• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sarah Palin calls out Trump: Trump's Carrier deal is 'crony capitalism'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand

Can you link me a YouTube video?

No need for a video. You remember the Berenstain Bears? Just about everyone thinks it was the Berenstein Bears (e rather than an a), and it lead to a popular joke theory that at some point in time everyone got moved to an alternate universe and the spelling of the books was the only concrete proof.

Idunno, we talked a whole lot about how Trump saying the election is rigged would be great for us because it would discourage his own base from voting and look how that turned out. He ran a godawful campaign and is by every measure unfit to hold the office and still won, so I'm hesitant to use anything resembling logic when assessing the political fallout of any given event.

Yeah, but he's also coming in with the lowest favorability rating of a President-elect in history, lost the popular vote, and won the overall election by an incredibly slim margins overall. I don't think it's hard to imagine a scenario where Trump is turned on, even if he's going to have a very vocal and loyal base no matter what he does.

Voters who overwhelmingly believe in "personal responsibility" aren't willing to take responsibility for their actions.

Always someone else's fault: Liberals, Obama, Political Correctness. I won't be surprised if they throw Trump under the bus too when it's all said and done, but it's never their fault.

The worst was when the Iraq war became unpopular and they started to turn on W. So many people protested and NATO saying no WMDs way before the war started and then they act like W betrayed them. I've never had any respect for conservatives since then and will oppose them for the rest of my life.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
No need for a video. You remember the Berenstain Bears? Just about everyone thinks it was the Berenstein Bears (e rather than an a), and it lead to a popular joke theory that at some point in time everyone got moved to an alternate universe and the spelling of the books was the only concrete proof.

Good job trying to trick us into believing there was no dimension slip, Sapphire. Or is it Steel?

Sounds like the big sell-out is coming. Oh well. The voters did what we could. If Trump sells out, it's not our fault.

You wrote an entire book.

intrumpwetrust_small.jpg

A WHOLE BOOK.

Romney thing "makes sense", but why would she be upset about the carrier deal?

Same reason Palin is, case of government intervention into private business affairs, big no-no for most Conservatives and Republicans. I mean, that is assuming she has any real principles, so it's most likely the Romney thing.

Not that surprising there is some backlash when Mr. "We need to remove greed and corruption from the government" kicks off his presidency with some good old fashioned corporate welfare. Hopefully he keeps getting called out by his own kind. Letthemfight.gif

The worst was when the Iraq war became unpopular and they started to turn on W. So many people protested and NATO saying no WMDs way before the war started and then they act like W betrayed them. I've never had any respect for conservatives since then and will oppose them for the rest of my life.

Yep.
Conservatives are always the last to figure out when they're duped, and even then it needs to be spelled out in big bold capital letters.

Ac30

And behold, this is how Trump voters will rationalize their mistake. "We only voted for him; how is it our fault he did [x] after being elected?!" And then they will happily vote whoever has an R next to their name in 18, 20 and so on.

As long as their next candidate isn't an unqualified fool I'll be happy.

WarMacheen

Sarah Palin saying stuff like that against Trump just confirms time travel does exist and someone in the future is fucking with the timeline to try and correct some atrocity that we don't yet know about

You wrote an entire book.

A WHOLE BOOK.

It's not her fault, MH!! He just gained the highest position in America by accident, not by millions upon millions of votes from citizens! It's not her fault that she helped encourage people to vote for a dodgy, slimy businessman who proceeded to do dodgy and slimy business things.

Apt101

Sarah Palin is capable of speaking like an adult, while being reasonable? What the fuck is the world coming to? I feel like a character in a Lovecraftian novel who shifted into another dimension and any second now terrible, cosmic entities are going to turn me into fruit for sinister old gods.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Sarah Palin saying stuff like that against Trump just confirms time travel does exist and someone in the future is fucking with the timeline to try and correct some atrocity that we don't yet know about

I really do try to like Barry Allen though.

Hatty

Maybe if there's enough of a stink from both sides the Electoral College will actually do its job

sphagnum

Banned
"When government steps in arbitrarily with individual subsidies, favoring one business over others, it sets inconsistent, unfair, illogical precedent,"

This seems way above Palin's usual level of word complexity and coherence.

sounds like Sarah Palin didn't get a call back after the interview

"If he sells out, it's not our fault" you literally voted for a lifelong, storied conman so I'm not sure what you were expecting

Anne is wrong. It is your fault. You were warned numerous times, and you still voted for him.

I mean, if it turned out that Trump is suffering from mercury poisoning or that he's secretly part of an apocalypse cult dedicated to creating a nuclear holocaust, I could excuse Trump voters for saying, "Hey, we had no idea this was going to happen."

The fact he's a huge sell-out is a matter of fucking public record, though. The only actual successful business operation he runs is fundamentally based in selling out as hard as he possibly can.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Holy shit. Palin and I are on the same page.

Now I'm going to have to rethink my position....

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I suppose the snowbilly deserves some credit for being *vomits* principled.

Voters who overwhelmingly believe in "personal responsibility" aren't willing to take responsibility for their actions.

Always someone else's fault: Liberals, Obama, Political Correctness. I won't be surprised if they throw Trump under the bus too when it's all said and done, but it's never their fault.

I remember people lampooning the French for not wanting anything to do with the hot mess known as the Iraq War like yesterday, and 13 years later fucking no one wants to own that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom