• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say hello to my little fren' (56k No. Just No)

Status
Not open for further replies.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
A few months ago I was in the market for a sports coupe and some of you fellas suggested the G35 over the Nissan Z and, thankfully, that's what I went with (thank you guys). This car drives tight and has plenty of power... In the words of Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber "I like it a lot". I'd recommend this badboy over any other similarly priced car on the market. I also recently picked up a digital camera (cannon elf s400) so I snapped some pictures of a nearby beach on Long Island (below)...

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

Here's some various beach pics, which I thought came out nice... very calming atmosphere:

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

Since I've never participated in those Post Your own pic threads here at GAF, here's one I took of myself (using the timer)... I'd post one of my girl, but she prolly wouldn't approve :) I got more but I don't want to whore myself out more than I've already done with this thread ;) :

IMG_0171.jpg

btw, http://imageshack.us rocks for image hosting!

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
evil ways said:
Looks fast and sexy.

I never used to be able to burst past cars on the highway and weave through traffic effectively with my old, powerless camry, but one tap of the pedal send me flying in this thing. My only worry is the friggin' cops with their tickets :(

i saw a few of those on the road this weekend during my roadtrip and they look sexy as hell. I still probably would have gone with the 350Z just because, well, its a Z, and i've always been a sucker for the Z cars, but you couldn't have gone wrong either way. congrats.

nitewulf

open_mouth_ said:
no, I took it. Are you saying I can't take pictures or that it's a feminine shot? ;)

most of the other shots are overexposed, but you'll get better.
very nice car by the way.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Welcome to the club, pal. G35 Coupe's fucking ROCK!!!

Edit: NM. What part of Long Island are you from?

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
AlphaSnake said:
Welcome to the club, pal. G35 Coupe's fucking ROCK!!!

Edit: NM. What part of Long Island are you from?

thanks. We should start a G35 pisshead's club ;) I'm from Melville, but those pics were taken in Kings Park "Bluff" beach... dunno why it's called that, unless it's because the actual beach is on the other side of the water :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Whats the G35? Looks like the 350Z in profile - is it a Nissan sub brand, like Lexus is Toyota?

nice looking car - what are the differences between that and the Z?

I needed a 4/5 seater, so the Z was off my list. Went Subaru. Practical and fun too :)

02.jpg

12.jpg

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
mrklaw said:
Whats the G35? Looks like the 350Z in profile - is it a Nissan sub brand, like Lexus is Toyota?

I needed a 4/5 seater, so the Z was off my list. Went Subaru. Practical and fun too :)

02.jpg

12.jpg

It's an Infiniti, but it and the Z are basically based on the same engine type (and frame?) I believe. There are many differences, though. I think the Nissan company owns Infiniti, like Toyota owns Lexus...lots of sharing of R&D car insides going on.

Mr Gump

Banned
mrklaw said:

02.jpg

12.jpg
Winner.

robot

The G35 is such a sick car. Good choice.

While not in the same bracket as the G35, I just picked up a Scion tc. Should be here in about a week. Great car for under 18k.

normal_flint_mica_tc.jpg

Hope I'm not tainting the thread with a lower class automobile.

mrmyth

open_mouth_ said:
I never used to be able to burst past cars on the highway and weave through traffic effectively with my old, powerless camry, but one tap of the pedal send me flying in this thing. My only worry is the friggin' cops with their tickets :(

With that color you'll be fine. Just keep it stealth. Don't tailgate a lot, and don't weave too much. You'll be able to blend. Its the red/yellow/white cars they look for first anyway.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
robot said:
The G35 is such a sick car. Good choice.

While not in the same bracket as the G35, I just picked up a Scion tc. Should be here in about a week. Great car for under 18k.

normal_flint_mica_tc.jpg

For the price, that car is one Badass piece of machinery.

With that color you'll be fine. Just keep it stealth. Don't tailgate a lot, and don't weave too much. You'll be able to blend. Its the red/yellow/white cars they look for first anyway.

True :) I'm not an excessive speeder, anyway, but it'd be nice to be able to let loose every once in a while without getting caught.

Congratulations on the G35…I’ve had mine over a year and I love it.

Why did you get the automatic? I can’t imagine not having the 6-speed in this car.

Pimpwerx

Oh man, this is pretty awesome. Someone else got a Rex, which I was fiending for for the longest while. As some of you know, I wanted a car for the last year. Not out of necessity, just b/c I need a sports car. So I first wanted a Mini, then a WRX/Evo, but more recently, an MR2 Spyder. Well, here it is:

EDIT: Pics!
spyder1.jpg

spyder3.jpg

spyder6.jpg

note: Gotta fix the bumper scuffs in the lower left of pic. :( That and the cat decided to take a stroll across the hood after walking through mud. There's gonna be one less cat in this world soon. :x :p

Just bought it yesterday. :D I'll take my own pics later today and post them. The car's got 46k miles on it. It's a 2001 and is certified pre-owned, which rocks. If it's like my Rolla (which was CPO), then I'll have this thing forever.

Underpowered? Not as bad as I thought. This thing rotates so well to a turn, and is so light and quick that the power can be deceptive. I was finally able to do a real performance run yesterday. It was raining monsoon-like all day, so it was scary taking it home in a huge storm. But I was blowing by Miatas and S2000's with ease. This thing is dangerous in the wet though. Tested how easily and quickly the tail broke in the wet, and if it happens at speed, I am screwed. At like 10-15mph, the tail broke suddenly and quite fast. But in the dry, the car just teeters on the brink of oversteer, and you can tightrope that line with the gas so easily thanks to the easy rotating of this car. Took my coworker for a spin with the top down last night and we took an on-ramp at some decent speed. She almost shits a brick, b/c the car felt like it wanted to spin itself off the road, but the tires hardly uttered a peep. There's a whole lot of mo in this car. Track days will let me extract the full potential from this car. Track days, autox's and some time at the dyno
+ 1/4-mile is what's in store for this car. I beat on all my hardware. Beat on my computers and I beat on my cars. This will be the first one actually worth pushing hard though.

BTW, nice G35, Rex and Tc guys. Everyone that has the G35 and WRX love them. The Tc I test-drove, and I'm sure you're gonna love that car to death, robot. I'll post some better pics later. PEACE.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Lucky, it's got that sequential manual thingy and a clutch in there as well, which I don't know how to use at the moment, but I heard it's not quite the same as the full manual, anyway. Maybe someday I'll be converted to a manual driver, but right now I'm just not into it.

Pimp, I love the look of the MR2, but it's too damn small for my tastes when I saw it up close. Maybe I'm insecure about my manhood?... NAH! :)

open_mouth_ said:
Lucky, it's got that sequential manual thingy and a clutch in there as well, which I don't know how to use at the moment, but I heard it's not quite the same as the full manual, anyway. Maybe someday I'll be converted to a manual driver, but right now I'm just not into it.

To each his own, I guess. A few weeks ago I took my G in for the 7500 mile service and got a G35 X loaner for the day with an automatic. I found that I was speeding a whole lot more than I usually do. For me, the manual helps keep me more aware of my driving.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Lucky Forward said:
To each his own, I guess. A few weeks ago I took my G in for the 7500 mile service and got a G35 X loaner for the day with an automatic. I found that I was speeding a whole lot more than I usually do. For me, the manual helps keep me more aware of my driving.

So true, but with manual, I can't hold my fiance's hand with my right hand ;)

I'm gonna give the the manual shift mode a try... any idea how it works?

open_mouth_ said:
So true, but with manual, I can't hold my fiance's hand with my right hand ;)

I'm gonna give the the manual shift mode a try... any idea how it works?

Yeah, trade in your nuts and pretend to be in a stick. That manual shift mode is a joke. If you want to feel the stick get a stick. I doesn't matter in with the "pleather" manual mode if you rev the car to high it just switches back to auto.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Slick_Advanced said:
Yeah, trade in your nuts and pretend to be in a stick. That manual shift mode is a joke. If you want to feel the stick get a stick. I doesn't matter in with the "pleather" manual mode if you rev the car to high it just switches back to auto.

Then I don't want to feel the stick :)

Pimpwerx

I'd take a semiautos with the electro-hydraulic clutches anyway. The SMT for the Spyder is awesome...on downshifts. You'll never match the downshifts with your feet. Just incredible. But the upshifts are clumsy, although not as bad as more Triptronics. It's wierd b/c there's no reason for it, just something Toyota apparently dialed in there to keep people from overrevving the engines and breaking trannies. I'll agree with the purists to a point. I went with a 5spd b/c I couldn't stand the SMT. But if the upshifts were fixed, you'd probably have to pry that semiauto from my cold, dead fingers. I don't know why companies don't design a good one to offer buyers a third tranny option. PEACE.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Eh, I guess I'll post some pics too:

My brother's Lexus SC430: 0-60 in 6.0 seconds w/ hardtop on. 0-60 w/o hardtop in 5.2 seconds.
SC12.jpg

SC15.jpg

SC14.jpg

My 2001 Nissan Maxima SE
PICT0000.jpg

Maxima0000.JPG

Maxima00001jpg.jpg

:)

miyuru

Did you buy the G35 new or used? If you got it new, you probably should've waited for 2005's to come out, since they bumped up the HP to 300 from 280.

Still, awesome car! :) I recently drove a 260HP G35x, and it felt really powerful (moreso than the '98 Corolla my dad has :p), so your G35 must feel super powerful!! :)

SyNapSe

robot said:

My friend is looking at a tc. That is a HELL of a nice car for 18k.. it comes basically loaded.. there are only a handful of options.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
miyuru said:
Did you buy the G35 new or used? If you got it new, you probably should've waited for 2005's to come out, since they bumped up the HP to 300 from 280.

Still, awesome car! :) I recently drove a 260HP G35x, and it felt really powerful (moreso than the '98 Corolla my dad has :p), so your G35 must feel super powerful!! :)

'twas new... yeah, I heard about the 2005 upgrades, but I didn't feel like waiting.

miyuru

S'all good man. I can't wait to buy my first car, which will be in a while :p I'm planning on an IS 300, but I probably won't get one when I've got all the money (only 18 right now). I'd like to get a car that not many people have, and IS's are already somewhat popular around here :(.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
I don't see many IS's around the NY area, but then again, I haven't really looked out for them. If you're that young, try to get your parents to pitch in for half or something so you can manage the rest and still have a pimp ride.

Pimpwerx

SpectreRT: Respect to the SRT/4. It has officially grabbed the bang for buck crown and run away with it. From a drag POV, the car is a fucking missle. With some cheap mods, this thing will smoke so many other cars out of its class. And the launches are crazy. This car must put down some serious 60' times. Unfortunately, it's still a Neon...which means it's FWD and will probably all apart in a few years. I hope the best for yours, but I'm obviously really biased against Dodge and some of the other domestic brand. I like Ford, but the SRT/4 kills the SVT and RS Focus. PEACE.

bionic77

The new G35 is a sweet looking car. My friend is torn between that and a 330i BMW. I am a huge BMW fanboy so he knows my feelings regarding that, but I don't think he can wrong either way. I think the G35 comes in AWD too, a handy feature when you live in a area that gets snow every once in awhile, RWD is worthless when it snows.

bionic77

The new G35 is a sweet looking car. My friend is torn between that and a 330i BMW. I am a huge BMW fanboy so he knows my feelings regarding that, but I don't think he can wrong either way. I think the G35 comes in AWD too, a handy feature when you live in a area that gets snow every once in awhile, RWD is worthless when it snows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom