• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scarlet Nexus - Official Gameplay Trailer | Action RPG | Gamescom 2020

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I hope it launches simultaneously with PS5. Probably gonna pick this up if Sonys lineup sucks.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Scarlet-Nexus_Fubuki-Spring.jpg

Scarlet-Nexus_Hanabi-Ichijo.jpg

Scarlet-Nexus_Kasane-Randall.jpg

Scarlet-Nexus_Nagi-Karman.jpg

Scarlet-Nexus_20200827_02.jpg

Scarlet-Nexus_20200827_03.jpg

Scarlet-Nexus_20200827_04.jpg

Scarlet-Nexus_20200827_05.jpg

Scarlet-Nexus_20200827_06.jpg

Scarlet-Nexus_20200827_07.jpg

Scarlet-Nexus_20200827_08.jpg

Scarlet-Nexus_20200827_09.jpg

Scarlet-Nexus_20200827_10.jpg

Scarlet-Nexus_20200827_12.jpg

Scarlet-Nexus_20200827_14.jpg

Scarlet-Nexus_20200827_13.jpg

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm not saying this game looks bad, I'm saying if this is the only game that looks interesting to you from the whole year.
So? My most hype game for this year is...
13_Sentinels_Aegis_Rim_cover_art.jpg

But for most people are hype for Cyberpunk 2077 which I personally couldn't care less about. we have different type of gamers with different taste, its not that complicated.

R6Rider

Gold Member

But for most people are hype for Cyberpunk 2077 which I personally couldn't care less about. we have different type of gamers with different taste, its not that complicated.

I should have worded my previous posts better. I'm 100% agreeing with you. I was responding directly to the other poster.

VALCON 82

All my hype this year was for Tales of Arise but alas.. it wasn't meant to be.
One thing i really appreciate from this game (Scarlet Nexus not Aegis Rim) is how the character models all look stylish and respectably gender specific without triggering either side of the aisle. As in i can definitely tell this Character is a female or this is a male character. I mean its not Yoko Taro but hey not every game can (2)be... get it?? Get it??

Last edited:

Arimer

Man this looks hot. I sitll need to play The FF remake though when my finances afford me the opportunity to buy it.

Pejo

Looks good, the frame rate seems a bit rough in the gameplay demo though, hope they get it to a solid 60. Also, the game is called Scarlet Nexus, but the MC's moves are all pink. WHAT A SHAM!

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
I can say the same about people who play games like RDR2 because to me its terrible game......
7fZ7.gif

Sir....its legit one of the worst AAA titles by a big studio this generation that gets a lot of praise and completely ignores a long ass list of issues.

The movement always feels delayed, like Arthur is walking underwater.

Why do I need to fucking hold down 3 buttons and confirm and verify with an email to pick up a deer and then verify I'm not a robot in order to have it picked up.

Why is the weapon wheel resetting every 2 seconds? This makes zero sense.

Why is he forced to walk in doors EVEN DURING A SHOOTOUT? So....he wants to die or?

A game about robbing banks, that doesn't let you rob banks in the open world......

The story is just awful, it feels like 5 people wrote his character and they all disagreed and they decided to just let all 5 have the story they wanted all at once, for example. They make him to be this outlaw, but he doesn't want to kill, then goes on missions to beat the shit out of people til they die, then tells people he wants to change and then goes on a mission with dutch to capture someone, doing so gets like 50 men killed, dutch kills someone and Arthur basically scolds Dutch and makes it sound like he is some mad man......AFTER AUTHOR HIMSELF JUST KILLED FIDDY MEN! lol Don't get me started on the game feeling like the developer was scared to actually show how people REALLY SPOKE back then. It feel unnatural, fake and weird. I'm not going to get "offended" that anyone says the n-word, if anything I'm questioning why they have this fake version of history in the first place. I respect greatly that Hanger 13 with Mafia 3 went THAT FAR as that is clearly how people really spoke then. I'm surprised ROCKSTAR of all teams is out here sugarcoating such things as not to "offend".

I don't hate the game, but it has no place with other top AAA titles this generation. The issues with the gameplay, story and so many missed opportunities in the open world means I could never really put this above MOST AAA games I liked this gen.

WTF am I suppose to tell people? Oh play this game, but its story makes no sense, it feels like crap and very slow and unresponsive and btw you can't do much as an outlaw etc, oh but have fun? I get why people felt it was boring and the controls were bad. I can't really fault people for not playing it completely like me as my criticisms with the game match theirs.... In 2018, no way did Red Dead 2 even need to be near any Game Of The Year compared to God Of War and Spiderman.

Top Bottom