• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Schools getting closed in China due to mysterious pneumonia outbreak

Mystery pneumonia tears through schools in China with 'many, many hospitalized' - in eerie echo of early days of Covid​

• Hospitals in Beijing and Liaoning are 'overwhelmed with sick children'
  • Students and teachers have been struck down, with some classes canceled

Hospitals in Beijing and 500 miles northeast in Liaoning are among those 'overwhelmed with sick children,' while school classes were 'on the verge of suspension', according to local news reports.

The children are presenting with unusual symptoms that include inflammation in the lungs and a high fever - but no cough or other symptoms usually associated with flu, RSV and other respiratory illnesses.

The alert was issued late on Tuesday via ProMed - a large, publicly available global surveillance system that monitors infectious diseases.

It was a ProMed notification back in December 2019 that brought a mystery virus, later given the name of Covid, to the attention of many doctors and scientists, including officials at the World Health Organization.

Source https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12779783/child-pneumonia-outbreak-china-hospitals.html

Another source https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...e/china-disease-children-hospitals-pneumonia/

winjer

Gold Member
Here We Go Again GIF

MrMephistoX

Fuck my wife and daughter are visiting my in laws this week: not these cities thankfully but fuck hope shit doesn’t get shutdown before their flight.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
But seriously, fuck this shit. Most of my family, friends and acquaintances told me they are so done with all the shit that happened during Covid that they won't get a vaccine if another pandemic happens.

What do you think about that?

sinnergy

🤣 let’s go back to old way’s . Like we do now, work at work , do the things you want .. except nature has changed around you ! Just ignore .

Top Bottom