• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Schools getting closed in China due to mysterious pneumonia outbreak

dave_d

From Reddit. This thing seems to mostly just be fearmongering.

Ok so like Ebola, just not as deadly. (Which despite all the media fearmongering had basically no chance of actually becoming a pandemic. You'd be forgiven for not knowing that given the coverage of it here in the US.)

LordCBH

Ok so like Ebola, just not as deadly. (Which despite all the media fearmongering had basically no chance of actually becoming a pandemic. You'd be forgiven for not knowing that given the coverage of it here in the US.)

Don’t worry. We’re close to another election season, so it’s time for flu deaths and car crash deaths to be attributed to Covid again and try to force lockdowns again.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member

China will roll out a one-year visa-free policy to citizens from six countries - France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and Malaysia - starting on De-cember 1, 2023, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Mao Ning said on Friday, as part of fresh efforts to bring about cross-border people-to-people exchanges to serve the country's high-quality development and opening-up.

Emoji Think GIF

To not get Pneumonia when you're sick,

Step 1: Don't lay on your back, sleeping upright in a chair is your best bet, sleep sideways if there is no other option.
Step 2: Drink A LOT of water. It will break up the mucus and help you cough it out.
Step 3: Acquire a bunch of tissues ad actually blow your nose.
Step 4: Take Mucinex as this will help with first three steps.

Many people who got covid did not follow any of these steps and once you end up in the hospital on a ventilator, you're laying on your back 99% of the time and now the ventilator is also breathing for you. Once that happens you're pretty much fucked once they remove the tube.

rkofan87

Gold Member
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macattk15

Wife is a nurse. She says there are tons of sick children in ICU's at her hospital as well .... with the same sorts of symptoms, so it seems its just that time of year.

Mistake

To not get Pneumonia when you're sick,

Step 1: Don't lay on your back, sleeping upright in a chair is your best bet, sleep sideways if there is no other option.
Step 2: Drink A LOT of water. It will break up the mucus and help you cough it out.
Step 3: Acquire a bunch of tissues ad actually blow your nose.
Step 4: Take Mucinex as this will help with first three steps.

Many people who got covid did not follow any of these steps and once you end up in the hospital on a ventilator, you're laying on your back 99% of the time and now the ventilator is also breathing for you. Once that happens you're pretty much fucked once they remove the tube.
I thought it was because covid got so bad in the lungs of those people, the ventilator actually blew their lungs out and made things worse. In any case, preventative actions usually result in the best outcomes. Whenever I feel I'm getting sick, I drink tons of water or tea and sleep for a day. I haven't been full blown sick in years, stuffy nose for a bit at best
Wife is a nurse. She says there are tons of sick children in ICU's at her hospital as well .... with the same sorts of symptoms, so it seems its just that time of year.
There were similar sickness reports when US kids were going back to school. They weren't used to the exposure like they usually are. I think things just aren't back in full swing yet. Maybe we'll see a big drop next year in cases

Last edited:
I thought it was because covid got so bad in the lungs of those people, the ventilator actually blew their lungs out and made things worse. In any case, preventative actions usually result in the best outcomes. Whenever I feel I'm getting sick, I drink tons of water or tea and sleep for a day. I haven't been full blown sick in years, stuffy nose for a bit at best

There were similar sickness reports when US kids were going back to school. They weren't used to the exposure like they usually are. I think things just aren't back in full swing yet. Maybe we'll see a big drop next year in cases
From what I understood about the ventilators, a person's body becomes so used to the machine breathing for them that in many cases when they are removed from it their body goes into shock and forgets how to actually breath itself.

Either way being preventative, like you said is the best way to go about things.

My friend also says to eat a ton of Zinc lozenges when you feel the first sign of a sickness.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Here we go again.

My dad told me my sister called him two days ago, shit scared and crying that this is going to be "Covid on acid". She's begging for another lockdown and has already started prepping. My dad told her to seek help.

In the real world, this is probably nothing to be worried about.

Raonak

Banned
It's probably nothing, but I wouldn't mind another lockdown.

It was kinda fun for me.

Not having to go out anywhere.
Work from home efficently without distractions.
Spending half my work day gaming due to increased efficency.
Stock up on pies and toilet paper.

Top Bottom