• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scottish Xbox Controller

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
as a scot, i think that is fucking disgusting. i get it's a tartan and green is the xbox colour but green is not a scottish colour. our flags are blue + white or less commonly red + yellow (or red, white, blue if on the Union Jack). the controller should be blue + white. i know that's Playstation colours but c'mon.

i'm not an expert at making tartan but this would be so much better...at least it would have our colours:

vRDz8ql.jpg

Last edited:

keefged4

as a scot, i think that is fucking disgusting. i get it's a tartan and green is the xbox colour but green is not a scottish colour. our flags are blue + white or less commonly red + yellow (or red, white, blue if on the Union Jack). the controller should be blue + white. i know that's Playstation colours but c'mon.

i'm not an expert at making tartan but this would be so much better...at least it would have our colours:

vRDz8ql.jpg
Also a Scot here too, this is rank.

Winter John

Gold Member
I showed this to my wife while she was between her morning bottles of Buckfast and she said the reason they didn't just slap on something in red or blue is because they can't make anything that would resemble a real clan's tartan. Her family tartan is clan geezeyerwallet or whatever, I don't fuckin know what she's saying half the time

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I showed this to my wife while she was between her morning bottles of Buckfast and she said the reason they didn't just slap on something in red or blue is because they can't make anything that would resemble a real clan's tartan. Her family tartan is clan geezeyerwallet or whatever, I don't fuckin know what she's saying half the time
monk juice is the best thing for breakfast :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Can you deep fat fry this thing though?
a question we ask ourselves all the time. if it can't be deep fried it's shite.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Nothing says "Scottish" like slapping some tartan on it...This really does feel like the American view of Scottish heritage.
typical interaction when meeting an american:

"omg are you from england!?"

"naw, am scottish"

"i'm basically half-scottish myself! my great great grandfather's uncle was married to someone whose 2nd cousin had a cat that was bought from someone in scotland!"

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
monk juice is the best thing for breakfast :messenger_tears_of_joy:

a question we ask ourselves all the time. if it can't be deep fried it's shite.
I had a taste of it once. Christ, it was like drinking flu medicine. I like that Drambuie though. I got a bottle kickin around somewhere

vRDz8ql.jpg

I mean it's not supoposed to represent scotland, it's a controller draped in a newly commissioned Xbox Tartan.

New Tartans are created all the time.

This one has been registered like all of them.

And here's the reasoning for the design.

"This tartan was created in 2022 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the launch of the original Xbox in Scotland and the UK. It formed part of Xbox’s worldwide #Xbox20 celebration, acknowledging the role of the Scots and those of Scottish descent in the creation and success of the videogame console. It’s intended to celebrate the past, present and future of Xbox. The predominant black and green colouring recognise Xbox’s original brand colours, while the white and vivid green accents represent Xbox’s journey from the original console, to Xbox 360, to Xbox One, to the Xbox Series S & Xbox Series X, and onwards to the future of Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Cloud Gaming. The tight sett represents the closeness Xbox enjoys with its vibrant community. A small number of commemorative Xbox controllers were created and wrapped with the Xbox Tartan, woven at Lochcarron of Scotland, and made available for Xbox fans to win."

Esppiral

vRDz8ql.jpg
I have a tablecloth that looks just like that.

Top Bottom