• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Stars has been played by over 5 million people since the game's launch

Draugoth

Gold Member
Announced in new video:

Dubbed "Single Player+", this mode allows for three players to journey together in Sea of Stars. Staying true to the game’s core turn-based roots, each player will engage in traversal and combat with a new "Co-op timed hits" mechanic as they embark with friends on Sea of Stars’ grand adventure. The new mode is currently in development and more details are set to be released soon.

Last edited:

Doom_master1122

Neo Member
You are not a fan I take it

At times I feel like I was the only person who found the game incredibly enjoyable. Everywhere I go, and every thread here I see an overwhelming amount of "The game is boring" posts.
Oh well, I enjoyed it a ton. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it scratched an itch I haven't had scratched in a while.

Awesome game by an awesome dev team. That 3 player coop mode is gonna be great, hope my physical Switch copy comes with the latest patch. Looking forward to the DLC as well.

At times I feel like I was the only person who found the game incredibly enjoyable. Everywhere I go, and every thread here I see an overwhelming amount of "The game is boring" posts.
Oh well, I enjoyed it a ton. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it scratched an itch I haven't had scratched in a while.

I also thought it was superb, it was my GOTY runner up to Zelda last year. Wasn't bored for one second.

Topher

Gold Member

Awesome game by an awesome dev team. That 3 player coop mode is gonna be great, hope my physical Switch copy comes with the latest patch. Looking forward to the DLC as well.

I also thought it was superb, it was my GOTY runner up to Zelda last year. Wasn't bored for one second.
Well deserved 👏 🙌 ❤️ 💙

All these folks say you are full of shit Kilau Kilau

Jon Stewart Lol GIF by The Problem With Jon Stewart

:messenger_sunglasses:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Very good game. Excited to see what they do next with (hopefully) a bigger budget and team. Mitsuda did a great job wit the soundtrack.

I got maybe 40% through and stopped. Yeah, I got bored, and that doesn't happen easily with JRPG. The combat just got to be the same over amd over, with overly long battles. When it looked like I had another 40 hours, I bailed.

I think I would have stuck it out more if I had the Nintendo version, or even a steam deck. The PC version is fine, but like... you are on a PC.

This game seems oddly divisive among regulars who've played it in spite of what seemed like universal critical acclaim in reviews.

It's still on my to-play list, sometime. But I am spoiled for JRPGs to catch back up on. I'll definitely play this before a (full) playthrough of Chrono Trigger tho because general consensus is this being the lesser of the two.

Hydroxy

Just started it today in gamepass. Heard a lot of mixed opinions. Excited to see for myself if i like or hate it. I just love games with turn based combat system

fart town usa

Gold Member
I really liked what I played but I was streaming it and it seemed like lag was messing with the timing mechanic. Easy battles were getting out of hand so I dropped it.

I'll get back to it someday because what I played was really fantastic. Should probably just get it for the Switch (I'm assuming it's on Switch)

TheAssist

Im happy for the devs. It was a really cool game. Not the best of its kind, but I really enjoyed my time with it.

Top Bottom