• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Stars physical edition launches in early 2024

vZNAO8i.jpg

iam8bit will release a physical edition of Sabotage Studio-developed turn-based RPG Sea of Stars in early 2024, the companies announced.

Further details were not announced, but a promotional image released with the announcement showcases the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X / Xbox One, and Switch package art. It is unclear if a physical edition will be available for PlayStation 4.

Sea of Stars is due out digitally for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on August 29. It will also be available via PlayStation Plus Game Catalog for PlayStation Extra and Premium members, and Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC.

Grabbing it for Switch. Great news. Iam8bit did a great job on the Ori games.
iam8bit (Ori: The Collection, Cuphead, Stray, Psychonauts 2, Neon White) and fangamer (Stardew Valley, Hollow Knight, Celeste, Tunic) are my favorite physical distributors at the minute, especially when it comes to these indie releases since they more often that not ensure that the physical launch is as wide as possible (you can find their games at a bunch of retailers that carry physical games and/or amazon).

And in case of iam8bit they occasionally do 2 versions, one standard for retailers and one exclusive to their shop so there's at least that to consider if you're a collector.

Edit: That said, I'll also probably grab it for Switch.

Last edited:
For anyone interested, VGP has the Asia English import for Switch up for preorder.

image.png

Last edited:

Gambit2483

Is this the only retailer offering physical versions next year? I'm not too fond of the whole "cancelations will result in store credit" policy 🤨

Is this the only retailer offering physical versions next year? I'm not too fond of the whole "cancelations will result in store credit" policy 🤨
Is that if you cancel your purchase, if they cancel the release, or either? Because if it's only the former, that's not too bad.

Why not make this available upon launch?
I don’t know about this specific instance, but when production is contracted out like this, it is scheduled by the manufacturer. For a small title such as this, the publisher likely accepted whatever date was assigned. The decision to produce this may not have even been made until seeing the preorder numbers.

Top Bottom