• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Lord X: The Road Rash Series

Bullet Club

Banned

For a decade Road Rash games came and went, giving us a number of memorable experiences. We take a look at them here.
4f5sJ1l.gif

Isa

I absolutely adored these games as a kid. The music, stages, progression and animations were so satisfying. 3 and 3-D were my personal faves of the bunch, and didn't have the chance to try the later iterations. It stuns me me that so few developers try to emulate the satisfying progression of 90's games. Start poor/low and work your way up the ladder. I know many opt for that rpg-lite formula ala Assassin's Creed but few go as in depth as titles like Road Rash, MechWarrior 2, Wing Commander etc. I miss that old design choice.

Great video btw.

I'd go a new Road Rash game, not a $60 full release game as it never really had that appeal beyond pick up some quick games and play. Perhaps they could introduce some new online modes and gametypes to increase that value/play time.

lock2k

Banned
I'd go a new Road Rash game, not a $60 full release game as it never really had that appeal beyond pick up some quick games and play. Perhaps they could introduce some new online modes and gametypes to increase that value/play time.

I would pay top dollar if they just reskinned Road Rash 64 with a modern visual and added online. It was that perfect.

Stuart360

Lost so many hours to Genesis and 3DO Road Rash, amazing games. It really annoys and frustrates me how EA havent done anything with this franchise, especially in the online multiplayer world we live in where a game like Road Rash would fit perfectly, or you would think so.

Last edited:

TwistedSyn

I only just subbed to Sega Lord X a few months ago and his content has been amazing. Glad to see he is getting noticed more because, he definitely deserves it.

I remember getting Road Rash 2 on Christmas in 92 and playing it most of that day with my cousins. I also remember later that night my Dad and Uncle were a little drunk and played some Road Rash 2 multiplayer. Let's just say there were some creative insults coming out of their mouths. :messenger_beaming:

Still have the original copy from back then and still play it. Great game with some great memories.

Last edited:
Top Bottom