• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA registered trade marks for "Sonic Frontiers", "Hero of light and darkness" and "Shining Force" in Japan

FrozenFlame

It would be cool if we could get a real Shining Force game.

sherlock-watson.gif

Sorry! <3

Shinning Force? Seriously?

Now thats a name I havent heard in a long long time.

I'm all out for this. Shinning Force 3 please be true!

Hahahah good luck with that. You'll be getting that "new" Shining Force with the Taka Tony art that plays nothing like the old games and isn't even set in the same world. Actually, wait, no you won't, it'll be Japan only. AGAIN.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Your wish came true some time ago

Could be this one but we can read : ROM(in english) cartridge, kateiyou TV Game (i think katei means home , so it's probably TV games for home console),computer(PC) ...(katakana)

Kanji check :
家庭かてい = yeah, katei means home... So TV games for home use. (i guess a Switch port at least ? "ROM Cartridge")

Last edited:

yurinka

Let's hope that Sonic Frontier is a 2D pixel art game as good as Sonic Mania. If not, let's hope they cancel it and make a 2D pixel art Sonic game instead, with or without the creators of Sonic Mania.

Lethal01

unknown.png

Can't wait to play the Breath of The Wild of sonic games.
Sounds like the best decision Sega has made in years, can't wait to see how they mess it up.

SpiceRacz

unknown.png

Sounds like the best decision Sega has made in years, can't wait to see how they mess it up.

That sounds so batshit that it might actually work. Sonic Team will probably fuck it up though.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Fake Fake
Please note that for a 3D platformer, i don't trust Naka or Ohshima either.

Maybe Yasuhara (if he was still at Sega) but i'm not even sure... I don't know if the Sonic concept really apply to 3D.(adventure didn't convince me)

Maybe the creators of Jet Set Radio could create a worthy concept ?

Last edited:

Holammer

unknown.png

Best thing SEGA could do with Sonic is to take him behind the shed and give him both barrels.
The speed aspect makes it difficult to design good Sonic games while the Mario ones just work.

Shining Force! I still have my Genisis cartridge. Probly my second rpg I ever played after Phantasy Star.

Last edited:

Lethal01

The speed aspect makes it difficult to design good Sonic games while the Mario ones just work.

Exactly why I want them to keep trying, Momentum based gameplay with a Ridiculously fast bipedal character is something pretty much nobody is doing. I'm happy atleast one franchise may keep attempting it.

Saber

Gold Member
unknown.png

Chessuz, whatafuck.

Only now I notice the name change.

And lmao, the guys couldn't even do a proper Modern Sonic game and now thinks they are up to the task of doing an open-world? How much weed those guys smoke?

Sonic is nothing but cashgrab nowadays. Whats next now? Sonic FPS? Sonic GaS? Or perhaps Sonic Souls game.

Last edited:
Chessuz, whatafuck.

Only now I notice the name change.

And lmao, the guys couldn't even do a proper Modern Sonic game and now thinks they are up to the task of doing an open-world? How much weed those guys smoke?

Sonic is nothing but cashgrab nowadays. Whats next now? Sonic FPS? Sonic GaS? Or perhaps Sonic Souls game.
They could do it before, Unleashed, Colors and Generations are really good, problem is they realeased 10 years ago.

if anything Sonic and Open World would go bread and butter, if it has good physics (and a focus in physics) it could be a really fun game.

Let's hope that Sonic Frontier is a 2D pixel art game as good as Sonic Mania. If not, let's hope they cancel it and make a 2D pixel art Sonic game instead, with or without the creators of Sonic Mania.
Accept it, we're never getting a Mania 2, the Mania team moved onto their OG projects with Evening Star, SEGA also moved on, they said several times it was going to be an Open World, Mario Odyssey/Zelda BoTW-like, just because you want your nostalgia to get pandered, doesn't mean they're going to give it to you. Sonic Fans are tired of Classic Sonic, now games like the Adventures, Heroes, Unleashed are what SEGA's audience want, something that can rival Mario's 3D games like 64, Galaxy and Odyssey, and by doing something new, taking their time, experimenting with a new genre, we're atleast hoping to see that.

Last edited:

Fake

If anything, the real sonic cycle is "people say it's going to suck, it either does and classic fanboys and haters get their point proven, or doesn't suck and Sonic gets a bit of respect"

Past proved the balance tends to make weight for the other side.

Top Bottom