• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA WHERE IS MY PSO PSP

Of course we know how a 3D game on the DS will look. LIKE SHIT. Why would ANYONE sane want to play a 3D game on the DS? My God, Mario 64 -- the best of the lot -- flays the eyes compared to the N64 original. PSOne 3D is so very NOT worth revisiting, especially at 320x240.

If I'm unusually pissy for the next week, blame it on fucking Robocop.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Drinky Crow said:
You can just blame it on the DS existing. It's sort of a pervasive insult to good taste and practical gaming.

Now now -- is it the DS itself, or the aura surrounding it? The "culture of the 'non-game'", as it were? I mean, the DS itself is a bit underpowered, but there's nothing fundamentally "bad" about it... but some of the games being designed for it are a different matter entirely.

A *bit* underpowered? If it sticks to 2D, I'll be fine with it in the long run, but whenever I see a screenshot of anything remotely polygonal on it, my retinae rebel.

Still, we already have the GBA, and the 2D the DS cranks out isn't much of a leap -- it's like going from the SNES to the Neo-Geo.More to the point, though, it'sjust the fucking temerity of Nintendo to not take a hit and give us something a little more current and a little more high-resolution, and expect decent gamers to shrug and mince about with two screens and a stylus like they matter.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>320x240 low-poly and 10 fps AWESOMEZ<<<

DS can't even do that. 256X192.

castellan.jpg

Lalala~ DS sucks~ Lalala~ I know better because I spend my 30 years being an admin with alot of power on a message board full of 16 year old nintendo fans which don't realize how fucking amazing the PSP compared to the crap DS. What retards, lol.

I'm cool, look at these sophisticated words I use, I intimidate anyone on the board, I love to let go on this forum because this is the only place anyone cares my great knowlodge of Nintendo suckitude and Sony rockitude.

Date of Lies said:
castellan.jpg

Lalala~ DS sucks~ Lalala~ I know better because I spend my 30 years being an admin with alot of power on a message board full of 16 year old nintendo fans which don't realize how fucking amazing the PSP compared to the crap DS. What retards, lol.

I'm cool, look at these sophisticated words I use, I intimidate anyone on the board, I love to let go on this forum because this is the only place anyone cares.

cj11.jpg

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Drinky Crow said:
http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Nintendo_DS

Holy hell, it *is* 256x192 on each screen. WTF.

That's lower resolution than the Genesis -or- the PSOne.

The weird thing is that is is bigger than the GBA display, but not in an extremely meaningful way. I was always curious as to why they made the display just a bit bigger... bigger is better, but it seems like a weird upgrade. Or was this just Sharp's next screen model?

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
Drinky Crow:
it'sjust the fucking temerity of Nintendo to not take a hit and give us something a little more current and a little more high-resolution,
The price would go up and the battery life would go down like the PSP's, and it then wouldn't sell as well, like the PSP. Nintendo knows handhelds, and that's why they're the market leader.

Yet the PSP is crushing the DS in America. Really, the 5-6 hours for the PSP isn't a dramatic difference between the 6-8 for the DS; and given that the bettery recharges (and very quickly, especially compared to the DS), it's hardly a Game Gear or Lynx versus GB situation, here. No-one has to fork out for AAs by the metric tonne.

However, the PSP offers better-than-Dreamcast performance, whereas the DS floats in some nasty, effect-free limbo between the PSone and the N64, and operates at sub-Genesis 16-bit resolutions. Nasty!

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
If only it were five to six hours. Ridge Racer, an underclocked game, gets only about three and a half hours without WiFi and at full stress, so the difference from the DS is considerable. The PSP battery is already a hefty 1800 mAh.

The PSP's graphics are good, but I haven't seen better-than-DC, especially in a direct comparison like Virtua Tennis. The PSP's performance advantages over the DS seem to be well accounted for in its resulting trade-offs, making the hardware design choices of the two machines more an issue of differing balances than deficiency on either side.

Top Bottom