• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sekiro could be coming to gamepass or PS+

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Studio Japan being shut down, God of War und Gran Turismo postponed (probably Horizon too) and no more Bethesda games for Playstation plattforms.

Don't know much about that tech stuff. But the aftermath of the infamous PS5 die shot with several "analysts" publicly burning themselves was worrisome too. 😐
Studio closings are unfortunate, but were any announced games cancelled?
God of War hasn't even had an actual trailer so it's so far off that calling out delays now is premature.
Gran Turismo games are known for long delays, nothing new there.
The Bethesda news isn't new, microsoft announced that acquisition 6 months ago.
Haven't seen the die shot thread because I wouldn't know what I was looking at to begin with.

Huh... None of that seems to big of a deal to me. 🤔 Are you sure you aren't making a mountain out of a molehill?

Maybe I don't get it because I don't cheer other people's misfortune though.

K' Dash

Gold Member
I'd like to finish this again on Xbox.

Even if I feel like this being a Game Pass subscriber:

happy studio ghibli GIF by Spirited Away

Lol.

Last edited:

stn

I'm playing it now for my first run and it is amazing. Anyone on the fence should just buy it.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: GHG

mhirano

Some people are very good at these games and Sekiro isn't a very long game if you're not spending a lot of time farming and repeating boss fights.

I remember struggling to advance in Sekiro and spending hours on the hardest bosses while a buddy of mine who's a Souls veteran stormed through most of the story without major complaints.
I really spent an ridiculous amount of time on Genichiro, then on the demon, then on the last boss...
Also snatched all gourds and all Prayer Beads on first run, and went for the true ending.
I'm really a From Software noob

GrayDock

I just bought it physical and loving it, but it's hard as hell for some bosses... Can't recommend enough, though.
But I think it's hard to believe that it's coming for either service, it never really dropped in price. Hell, it went up in Brazil.

mhirano

I just bought it physical and loving it, but it's hard as hell for some bosses... Can't recommend enough, though.
But I think it's hard to believe that it's coming for either service, it never really dropped in price. Hell, it went up in Brazil.
Activision games in Brazil are ridiculous because the publisher abandoned us.
Tony Hawks (disc version) is almost 300 reais.

How does this game compare to Bloodborne, especially in terms of the combat pace and tactics as well as difficulty level? I platinumed Bloodborne solo (except 1 chalice dungeon boss), but when I tried the demo of Nioh 2, I found the boss too hard and annoying...

FrankWza

How does this game compare to Bloodborne, especially in terms of the combat pace and tactics as well as difficulty level? I platinumed Bloodborne solo (except 1 chalice dungeon boss), but when I tried the demo of Nioh 2, I found the boss too hard and annoying...
Depending on what level you did the dungeons I would say Sekiro is harder. If you didn’t level up too much and did the dungeons you’ll be in the same ballpark with sekiro. Pace goes to Sekiro. Nioh can be harder than both depending on what you’re doing. To me, the hardest parts of Nioh like some optional double bosses are harder than anything if you don’t cheese

Depending on what level you did the dungeons I would say Sekiro is harder. If you didn’t level up too much and did the dungeons you’ll be in the same ballpark with sekiro. Pace goes to Sekiro. Nioh can be harder than both depending on what you’re doing. To me, the hardest parts of Nioh like some optional double bosses are harder than anything if you don’t cheese

As I recall, I did the dungeons as I unlocked them so that I wouldn't have them all piled up at the end of the game. I pretty much always play games that way. Is that what you mean by not leveling up too much?

FrankWza

As I recall, I did the dungeons as I unlocked them so that I wouldn't have them all piled up at the end of the game. I pretty much always play games that way. Is that what you mean by not leveling up too much?
Yeah if you make yourself Op in From games it’s an easier time. Sekiro doesn’t have that classic level system. So you pretty much are just having to skill through.

I had FFVII in my cart in February, didn't seem to be going beneath $30 and it was time to give it a whirl and then BAM!

Friday night I downloaded Dark Souls III and felt like getting into Sekiro so I added it to my cart because it's on sale for $40 frequently and now I read this?

I feel spoiled... and a little monitored to be honest.

Last edited:
That would be a little surprising to see this on Gamepass or PS+ because it’s still pretty expensive especially for an older game IMO. The lowest price I’ve seen for this game is like $38 if I remember correctly.

FrankWza

That would be a little surprising to see this on Gamepass or PS+ because it’s still pretty expensive especially for an older game IMO. The lowest price I’ve seen for this game is like $38 if I remember correctly.
It’s currently $30 and I think it was $24.99 on BF. Physical copy

YHrhk7.jpg

This guy seems to have an up and down record but has predicted FFVII Remake on Plus and Ubi games on GamePass

I think it's more likely to arrive on PlayStation myself, if any? But then Phil Spencer did have the Sekiro box in his recent interview so who knows. Would this make you happy GAF? Or niche game for niche audience?

I was about to buy ffvii, and then bam, free on ps plus
I was about to buy sekiro, now this

Same thing with kiwami, nioh, sotc, detroit, rocket league, bloodborne, and a few others, all these games for free shortly after I started searching a good price to buy them

Ok guys, ask me what you want for free and I'll do the trick next month HAHAHA

Yoboman

Gold Member
I hate how these guys get one or two leaks right and then they turn their tweets into fucking cluedo

Just tell us what you know or don’t

Top Bottom