• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Not the kind of fanart I was expecting for Dai, but is better than nothing

s1jENuN.jpg

RQJSog9.png

Demoskinos

So I'm really torn on if I want to import this... it seems way less import friendly than previous titles. With SK:EV a lot of the story context was lost but it was easy enough to play the game and figure out the menus with this having apparently collectible card stuff which from the looks of it give you extra abilities?

That seems like it might be a real dicey affair trying to figure out what all the cards do. =\

I'm just gonna wait for the English version. I've got an import preordered because I have, I think, all the special editions of the games at this point, but I've not even gonna bother trying to play it. It'll join its sisters on my Senran Collection Shelf under the TV.

I just wish it came with more of the little figures the other SEs have come with!

It's gonna be a long wait, but yeah. I'm just gonna wait for the English version, mainly because I know I'm gonna buy the English version anyway because I like XSeed's localizations.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm gonna get the Japanese version digitally and then buy a physical copy of the American version. No way I'm gonna wait!

Eolz

This difference between regular and Senran Daidouji is so weird.
Still, great art! (also, damn those new New Wave cards...)

ShinMaruku

This difference between regular and Senran Daidouji is so weird.
Still, great art! (also, damn those new New Wave cards...)

She and Homura are analogies of Goku when he goes super Sayajin.

Hell Homura's next form is a rip off of SSJ3 Goku.

Kagura and Naraku are teamed up with the Mikaguras on a new team while Rin, Dai, Jasmine and Ryouki form the final team.
It'll be interesting to see how Renka and them interact with Naraku and Kagura.

That said, I'm really disappointed that Dai's shitty side story from EV is canon. Now is listed on her bio that she's looking for Femininity
They make that side story canon, but not her Shinovi story where she graduates from Hanzo? Okay, Takaki.

Hey, this art of Kafuru is pretty cool, and I don't even like Kafuru all that much

charapop_kafuru.png

I really hope we get more New Wave characters though.

I've been playing New Wave recently (Don't ask me why) and goddamn some of those characters are really cool.

We need Hisui in this game

CeoSXjqWEAAdorY.jpg

They make that side story canon, but not her Shinovi story where she graduates from Hanzo? Okay, Takaki.

Clearly they don't give a fuck for the plot anymore

From Gematsu

>no more side effects for Jasmine
>No new info whatsoever about Kagura and Naraku's deal
>the Mikaguras' bios are more or less copy pasted from EV
>The aforementioned issue with Dai
>Trying to play dumb about the the Miss R thing
>Split storylines that if Gematsu is to be believed, doesn't include Mikagura nor Legends

Hey, this art of Kafuru is pretty cool, and I don't even like Kafuru all that much

charapop_kafuru.png

I really hope we get more New Wave characters though.

I've been playing New Wave recently (Don't ask me why) and goddamn some of those characters are really cool.

We need Hisui in this game
Kafuru one one of my favorites to play in EV, I hope the same stays true in this game.

Clearly they don't give a fuck for the plot anymore

From Gematsu

>no more side effects for Jasmine
>No new info whatsoever about Kagura and Naraku's deal
>the Mikaguras' bios are more or less copy pasted from EV
>The aforementioned issue with Dai
>Trying to play dumb about the the Miss R thing
>Split storylines that if Gematsu is to be believed, doesn't include Mikagura nor Legends

To be fair, if there would be any game where I wouldn't want any plot importance, it would be this game.

Save the important shit that's meant to be taken seriously for the mainline games.

This is a mainline game according to Takaki

It's a mainline game to the second timeline. Which it's pretty much been proven that the second timeline shouldn't be taken seriously at all.

My point is, if you want the Serious tone that the older games had and a plot that's 100 percent consistent, just stick to the first timeline games.

Say what you want about how dumb EV and this is, but at least it's completely not canon to the 3ds games which I know people prefer in terms of story.

Whether or not we'll get another Timeline 1 game is it's own issue.

Demoskinos

It's a mainline game to the second timeline. Which it's pretty much been proven that the second timeline shouldn't be taken seriously at all.

My point is, if you want the Serious tone that the older games had and a plot that's 100 percent consistent, just stick to the first timeline games.

Say what you want about how dumb EV and this is, but at least it's completely not canon to the 3ds games which I know people prefer in terms of story.

Whether or not we'll get another Timeline 1 game is it's own issue.

Its also been said that there will be only one timeline going forward.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
PBS has gone gold, "won't be a delay", & Takaki said he's working on more collaboration characters, along with the fact there's still things to reveal about the game.

Hopefully, he'll pick characters that won't cause sudden licensing issues like Ikki Tousen (which I still don't get, I don't think anyone owns the gaming rights & Funimation probably wouldn't have an issue despite owning only the anime rights. Pretty sure nobody has the manga rights after Tokyopop went under).

So if every purchasable DLC is included with the PC version, does that mean the Miss Shinobi items like Bebetan and Shiki's bats are still locked behind that mode?

Does anyone know what the turnaround time was on this? And could we expect a similar time frame for PBS assuming it also comes to PC?
Around 2 years from the initial Japanese release, 1 from the localized version

PBS might release sooner in comparison, because Marvelous knows PC users like the franchise, but still might come out on Steam 6 or so months after the English PS4 version, so they can get enough profit on the DLC.

Not sure if it's safe to talk about Famitsu scans, but in PBS, Ayame isn't the only shopkeeper this time, the screenshots of Yumi, Mirai and Daidouji probably means you can choose who you want to sell you stuff.

SerTapTap

As someone who has no idea what Ikki Tousen is should I be interested at all in the DLC when it hits? Do they have full story mode stuff and were they interesting in the Japanese release?

Also sheesh, SK 3DS vs SK Playstation is like a religious holy war. Remind me not to let anyone trick me into talking about that topic ever again. I'll just say I'm very very happy PBS is happening.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No, just like Ayane from DoA, they don't have any unique story modes or missions, & you won't be able to use them until you clear a stage once with the required character. Meaning, they're only usable once you've pretty much beaten the game.

....which reminds me, I wonder if they'll patch the game's online to let us see the Ikki Tousen characters in the US version since they had to make new character models to replace them if a Japanese player was using one of the IT girls.

Top Bottom