• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II - Accolades Trailer

Hrk69

Gold Member
qWMJHxr.jpeg

MacReady13

Wondering what this game sold? Or are we still not doing sales considering Microsoft wants you to play via fire stick/samsung tv/gamepass/cloud etc… and we now measure a Microsoft games’ success via minutes played?

skit_data

I think this would have made a much bigger splash if it was a launch title. Considering it was announced with the Series X it wouldn't surprise me if some exec at Xbox thought that would be feasible and just greenlit the announcement with Ninja Theory going "wtf, we haven't even started working on it".

anthony2690

I actually quite enjoyed this game and I say this as someone who didn't like the first game at all.

It does have some insanely slow moments though, like the first game, and the shape puzzles return but they are a lot less annoying this time around imo.

And I wish there was a lot less whispering, just let me have some peace and quiet please 🥲

Last edited:

Arachnid

Somebody need to make a youtube channel dedicated to making joke accolades trailers that cherry pick all the bad reviews. Not because of this game specifically, but these things always come off disingenious. They always have perfect reviews from random ass sources

"10/10 GOTY You've never played anything like it! - Raj from Tajikistan Gaming"

Last edited:

Tsaki

Wondering what this game sold? Or are we still not doing sales considering Microsoft wants you to play via fire stick/samsung tv/gamepass/cloud etc… and we now measure a Microsoft games’ success via minutes played?
About 100,000; it bombed massively. It wasn't even played on gamepass that much

midnightAI

Minutes played? More likely installs or game launches, those important engagement metrics

semiconscious

Gold Member
Probably the biggest bomb of the year.
Predictably so because this kind of "interactive graphical experiences" are super niche products.
At least this should result into something completely new for the next project.
yep. the 'graphic fetishist' demographic definitely exists, but not in numbers sufficient to fundamentally all on its own make a game successful...

LordCBH

All the ones rating it high are blatantly lying to themselves and the community. It’s a mediocre game with incredible graphics. That’s it. The gameplay somehow managed to be worse than the first one. And the story wasn’t great either.

Last edited:

Sephimoth

IMO these accolade trailers are so cringe when they're not for games that got 10s across the board from the big outlets

Like when there's a GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION of games that didn't even get mentioned.

At least get creative, like LEGEND sneaking The Guardians 2 star review on their poster:
jfaSRUN.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom