• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of the Colossus IGN preview (New build = better framerate)

Kangu

Banned
This game could get zeros across the board and I would still buy it at full price. That's how much faith I have in the development team. If it sucks I'll have to find out for myself.

At any rate Che's comments make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :)

The Japanese will get a preorder disc with their preorder of this

The promotion image exhibited in the past and the image etc. of the production team treasuring are collected on this disk. Attention is pilot especially Movie of "NICO (tentative name)". In general, when a next work of "ICO" for PS2 is produced, it is unpublished up to now in the one made for presentation that the concept hardening and is in-house. However, the quality is called "The opening of the movie was produced imaging it" the one considerably high.

In addition, the promotion image open to the public in all parts of the world like the Movie etc. thrown in halls such as image screened in the symposium in September, 2004, "Tokyo game show 2004", and "E3 2005" is collected. In addition, the image of the unopening to the public, the screen shot, and the picture continuity, etc. to understand the appearance in which the quality improves during production are put.

prom_photo4.jpg

http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050819/wander.htm

Mrbob

This game fell off the map for me. Reading up on it now. Sounds very interesting. :D Only two months from release? Nice.

SolidSnakex said:
I wonder how long it'll take before we get to see a PS3 game from Ueda and Kaido?

TGS2006

I really, really hope this game sells well, otherwise Sony might fire them or something. I hope they see the talent in these guys.

Skin

Doom_Bringer said:
TGS2006

I really, really hope this game sells well, otherwise Sony might fire them or something. I hope they see the talent in these guys.

It's not like Sony will only look at sales numbers and then decides who gets the shaft or not. Critical succes is another factor. And I doubt that even if something like that wouldn't matter Sony would decide to fire the people who got these kind of visuals out of the PS2.

Looks amazing. Now that Twilight Princess is delayed, my most anticipated game for 2005.

BTW: I have never played ICO. Do you guys think it's worth €30?

I hope the PS3 lets up give games 2x, 4x, 8x anti-aliasing because the game would look good no matter the generation! That is all it would need to hold up next gen. The design and beautiful style is amazing!

Vard

Skin said:

Yes. I picked it up a few months ago and loved it. I recommend playing it before this game, just because the makers said they're going to throw in some nice surprises for ICO fans. Plus, it's just a good game worth playing.

sammy said:
Any word on these demo disks?

I went in on Thursday evening on my way home from work and they didn't have them. I just called a minute ago and the guy said they were supposed to get both the SotC demo discs as well as Socom III demo discs last week, but that they hadn't arrived yet. He expects them this coming week, but had no further information on it.

Here's hoping! My refurbished PS2 should be coming from Gamestop by wednesday, and I have a copy of Ico sitting on my desk waiting for it. If I get the demo disc earlier than that I'll have to take it into work and try it out on my lunch break.

acidviper

Banned
AssMan said:
One preview said it took testers 3 hours to defeat one of the collosus.

It better have some meat, cuz I am still a little befuddled with how the game has no minor enemies. Only the 16 colussi and I guess a final boss. I imagine travelling to the colossus takes a long time, but 3 hours seems long for a boss, especially if you forgot to save after you beat him.

acidviper said:
It better have some meat, cuz I am still a little befuddled with how the game has no minor enemies. Only the 16 colussi and I guess a final boss. I imagine travelling to the colossus takes a long time, but 3 hours seems long for a boss, especially if you forgot to save after you beat him.

Given that the game is comprised of only bosses, 3 hours is not that outlandish.

Raven.

Banned
Skin said:
It's not like Sony will only look at sales numbers and then decides who gets the shaft or not. Critical succes is another factor. And I doubt that even if something like that wouldn't matter Sony would decide to fire the people who got these kind of visuals out of the PS2.

Looks amazing. Now that Twilight Princess is delayed, my most anticipated game for 2005.

Ico's the best of what's been released this generation. A masterpiece, an incredible work of art, it's a game that basically redefines the medium.

It's ideal, and as such it is priceless.

Top Bottom