• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

Holy moly! The last pack I just opened had a Crystalia Tia and a Pascale in it! My luck with legendaries has really soared ever since I rerolled.

I've been on a legendary roll recently too

Got my:
3rd Fafnir
Erasmus
2nd Imperial Dragon
3rd Gabriel
and 3rd Lord of Flies

:D

Pooya

beat 5 Japanese players with godly face drafts back to back, holy shit.
1483283692-1.jpg

one of them had a random Bahamut, because why not. I won all games at 3-4 hp. felt so good. I went second every game, that helped a lot lol

My control shadow deck was pretty good too, had a Olivia which is insane. Good taunts, one board clear, some removal and 3-4 solid taunts but a terrible terrible curve, overall I had 6 heal total which I needed every game to survive.

Draxal

Won two games by top decking a turn nine Albert with an Evo point. I'd be raging so hard if I lost to that.

Luigi87

I lost to one of those yesterday, lol

Then the match following, another turn 9 Albert came up, but the player had no evo points, and I had 7 health. I had Lucifer and Bahamut on the board, so the player just had Albert kill Lucifer before conceding.

4Tran

Yeah, Albert is a great finisher for both Midrange and Control Swordcraft. However, he's not really worth it if you drop him on 5, so he's probably not very good in Aggro. I managed to do pretty well in Take Two because of him - he's so good I'd keep him in the opening hand.

I don't think that it's unfair that someone manages to put down a 9-drop and kill you off. It isn't any worse than being killed from 10 against a Blood or Sword Aggro deck.

I've been on a legendary roll recently too

Got my:
3rd Fafnir
Erasmus
2nd Imperial Dragon
3rd Gabriel
and 3rd Lord of Flies

:D
Since the reroll, I got the following out of packs:

Pascale
Otohime
Skullfane
Ancient Elf
Nepthys
Dragonsong Flute
Crystalia Tia

It's pretty crazy given that I rerolled four days ago, and the previous weeks, I only got two legendaries. And most of these are top notch archetype staples to boot!

Luigi87

Yeah I wouldn't call Albert unfair either.

Heck,I primarily play Forest (albeit I'm trying to play more Dragon now), and even I'll call shenanigans on a Roach combo being able to OTK.

mcz117chief

Does any of you guys totally adore the voice acting in this game? Some character legitimately give me chills when I hear them, so awesome. Specifically it's Zirnitra, Ascetic Knight, Imperial Dragoon, Fafnir, Aurelia of the Regal Saber and many more but these are my favourites. Also, a shout out to Aiela with the cutest voice in Shadowverse "Mister dragon!"

4Tran

Whoops, make that 2x Crystalia Tia!

Yeah I wouldn't call Albert unfair either.

Heck,I primarily play Forest (albeit I'm trying to play more Dragon now), and even I'll call shenanigans on a Roach combo being able to OTK.
Yeah, Rhinoceroach is a much stronger card in general than Albert. It can be played at any time, and bounced back to hand to play multiple times a turn. Albert only comes out on 9 mana otherwise he's not particularly good. I don't know if any of these 9+ mana finishers are overly powerful - I think that the bigger issue is that it can really feel awful to lose to them.

Luigi87

Yeah, it's just a pretty crappy feeling when you lose to them, but... I'd still rather lose to them, than to a perfectly curved Daria <_<

So looking at my collection, from just the free packs + rupies I had saved up, I have 3 of every RoB Bronze, and nearly 3 of every RoB Silver (just missing four cards total). 24/72 for Golds, and 12/27 for legendaries (since I was rather lucky with pulls.) Though I did craft a second Bahamut for myself.

Does any of you guys totally adore the voice acting in this game? Some character legitimately give me chills when I hear them, so awesome. Specifically it's Zirnitra, Ascetic Knight, Imperial Dragoon, Fafnir, Aurelia of the Regal Saber and many more but these are my favourites. Also, a shout out to Aiela with the cutest voice in Shadowverse "Mister dragon!"

The voice work is fantastic. Admittedly I am playing with JP voices at present, but I really do enjoy the English voice overs. The only one that kind of bothered me though was the Verdant Soldier (I think that one).

On the other hand combos should get more powerful the more cards they require to execute and Roach needs several cards on hand - preferably with 0 cost fairies/goblins from evolve effect while you can topdeck Albert and wreck havoc

4Tran

On the other hand combos should get more powerful the more cards they require to execute and Roach needs several cards on hand - preferably with 0 cost fairies/goblins from evolve effect while you can topdeck Albert and wreck havoc
The only card that Rhinoceroach needs to combo with is Nature's Guidance. Everything else would have been stuff that you'd play that turn anyways. It's the same principle that makes Ancient Elf arguably the strongest card in the game.

Luigi87

Well, just opened a second Daria. I've been much more fortunate with RoB than either Standard or DE.

Non-animated Bahamut is the only one I crafted.

Edit: lmao, just had a Take Two as Shadow vs. Dragon

Went to 19 or 20 turns. It came down to my opponent and myself literally throwing our draws onto the table hoping we'd be the luckier one.

Szadek

From my 25 packs(or something like that) I got 2 Daria and 2 Eidolon of Madness.
Has Nephthys found a deck yet?

thundr51

Is there any other reason to bother playing the story missions? I managed to finish swordcraft (which I actually like) and I've gotten pretty far with Haven, but no matter what I do I can't seem to do anything with Forest or rune. I've exchanged some of my tickets to get some cards and put together some decks but that RNG...

I guess that's one of the reasons why I stopped playing CCGs since EoJ, RNG.

Luigi87

Is there any other reason to bother playing the story missions? I managed to finish swordcraft (which I actually like) and I've gotten pretty far with Haven, but no matter what I do I can't seem to do anything with Forest or rune. I've exchanged some of my tickets to get some cards and put together some decks but that RNG...

I guess that's one of the reasons why I stopped playing CCGs since EoJ, RNG.

Yes.

Complete up to chapter 6 of each Story to unlock basic cards for that craft (and some are rather important, like Floral Fencer, and Priest of the Cudgel.)

If you complete the stories you get Take Two tickets.

DimensionKick

Neo Member
So you've got me interested in this game. I took a look at the tier list and the primer on page 1, does our american version have access to tempo witch yet? Because the video I saw tempo witch looks like it's my kind of deck, seeing those cards get dropped and evolved seemed so OD it's fun.

Is it better to play on steam on mobile?

Draxal

yes, daria's in game atm. Japanese players play against other players in the world, even if the client is slightly different at times.

4Tran

I went and built a Bloody Mary Control deck, and it's damned fun to play. Unfortunately, it's harder to play and seems a lot less successful than the Blood Aggro deck. Either way, Lucius is incredibly powerful in both decks.

Yes.

Complete up to chapter 6 of each Story to unlock basic cards for that craft (and some are rather important, like Floral Fencer, and Priest of the Cudgel.)
That's right. Chapter 6 gives you the Power 4 (a 4-PP 3/4 or 4/3 follower with a powerful evolve effect) of each faction other than Dragoncraft. Dragoncraft Chapter 6 gives you Conflagration instead.

Luigi87

Yeah, the fact that it is a global server means there are plenty of players in Japan, which makes the game have a good population amount.

DimensionKick

Neo Member
I'm deciding on Runecraft and Dragoncraft, seeing the tiers and watching a few people play it, it seems really fun to get into. I've always loved dragons and hella strong aggro decks so I'll run with this.

sibarraz

Banned
It's great that the servers are global, makes the ladder feel more important

I want to craft daria, since I love spell runecraft, and seems to be a pretty good card

So you've got me interested in this game. I took a look at the tier list and the primer on page 1, does our american version have access to tempo witch yet? Because the video I saw tempo witch looks like it's my kind of deck, seeing those cards get dropped and evolved seemed so OD it's fun.

Steam or android. Ios version is still having trouble with random disconnections.

Momentary

Banned
Can't help but laugh when an Albert just drops down from out of no where to ruin everything. It's even funnier when you're the one doing it. Also... I have been obliterating people with carrots and geese.

Geese + Cyclone Blade = clear board. And carrots are just annoying.

how you deal with the fucking carrots. it's so annoying lol.

You have to banish them. They are like a gimp Mordecai.

gngf123

Just opened my second Daria!

Got enough vials for a third too. Think I might go for it.

There is practically no difference between the Japanese and worldwide versions. They all run off the same servers and can play with each other, and will also receive any new cards at the same time.

The only differences are things like voice acting, or Isabelle's outfit being different.

Pooya

I get a bahamut legendary every 4-5 packs now, it's ridiculous. I'm not complaing. I think I will have 2 copies of everything by the time I open 60-70 packs.

2x wolf
2x dragoon
2x haven guy
2x bahamut
1x Levin

gngf123

I get a bahamut legendary every 4-5 packs now, it's ridiculous. I'm not complaing. I think I will have 2 copies of everything by the time I open 60-70 packs.

2x wolf
2x dragoon
2x haven guy
2x bahamut
1x Levin

I have opened 60 packs and have 2x Daria, 1x Albert, 1x Eidolon, 1x Shaq.

Nice luck you have.

patchday

does the login bonus end after the 1st month? I just been logging on regularly. Was planning to go through the SP content at some later date cause I enjoyed the tutorial when I did it awhile back

so I'm hoping there is always a login bonus so when I finally get time I can make powerful decks to go through sp content. probably wont have time to devote to MP atm tho

2x wolf
2x dragoon
2x haven guy
2x bahamut
1x Levin

haha nice

edit- I loved the Bahamut anime it was really good

gngf123

Just Daria'd my way into A0!

does the login bonus end after the 1st month? I just been logging on regularly. Was planning to go through the SP content at some later date cause I enjoyed the tutorial when I did it awhile back

It just starts back from the beginning again.

gngf123

Anybody wants to play some private matches? I still haven't so I would like to at least get that 100 gold from it.

You can get 2000 gold from private matches by redoing that achievement against different players.

People have been doing it quickly with suicide blood matches.

DimensionKick

Neo Member
So I only got 3 legendaries a bunch of other stuff from my packs, but I did manage to build the full Daria deck. Should I reroll or stick with the daria deck?

4Tran

So I only got 3 legendaries a bunch of other stuff from my packs, but I did manage to build the full Daria deck. Should I reroll or stick with the daria deck?
Having only 3 legendaries is going to severely cramp your ability to try out other decks so it's going to depend on how much you're going to like playing only Daria for the foreseeable future. Moreover, you're going to be vulnerable if the developers ever decide to make a balance change. I'd personally reroll and go for more variety.

DimensionKick

Neo Member
Decided to reroll like you said, felt a bit bad giving up Tempo Witch, but it was easy to make using liqufy so I can do it again if I pleased. Here are the legendaries I got this time.

Forte, Rose Queen, Oivia,Boodhungry Matriach, and Nephthys.

4Tran

Decided to reroll like you said, felt a bit bad giving up Tempo Witch, but it was easy to make using liqufy so I can do it again if I pleased. Here are the legendaries I got this time.

Forte, Rose Queen, Oivia,Boodhungry Matriach, and Nephthys.
Five is still pretty low. You should be aiming for at least 10.

I feel dirty- I couldn't make my dailies with forest losing 5 games in a row so I switched to Garuda Heaven - I got outrunned by Daria and Aggro Bats so I decided it's time for desperate measures and crafted 2 missing Elanas :D

Finally got my 4 wins.

Line_HTX

Hey, I have a question. Is this game going more towards aggro Forest or Sword? It feels like it's getting more difficult to play Rune. Any suggestions I can use with this expansion?

Luigi87

Forest and Sword were among the top tiers prior to the expansion. Currently Blood and Rune seem to be the strongest in terms of change (Sword is still great), but that can change as it hasn't even been a week since RoB released. Forest seems to be on a decline, but again that may change.

gngf123

Hey, I have a question. Is this game going more towards aggro Forest or Sword? It feels like it's getting more difficult to play Rune. Any suggestions I can use with this expansion?

More difficult? Daria has made Rune one of the most popular decks.

Hardly seen any aggro/tempo forest at all post patch. Everything is Control Blood, Aggro Blood, Daria Rune, Discard or Ramp dragon.

Luigi87

So I had to choose between Shadow, Blood, and Forest for Take Two.
I chose Shadow out of just "Eh, whatever." Lost my first match... then won the next four, lol.
I've yet to do 5-0, but that's my second 4-1 in arena.

Luigi87

Bought two packs, just got my second Imperial Dragoon... Come on pros, prove to me that discard dragon is legit and better than it's horrible current win rate!

Currently my legs are:

Ancient Elf x2 (one Precon)
Dragonsong Flute x2 (I've also liquefied two in the past, lol...)
Crystalia Tia x3
Albert, Levin Sword x1
Sun Oracle Pascale x2
Eidolon of Madness x2 (one animated)
Dark Dragoon Forte x3 (one Precon)
Gabriel x1
Sahaquiel x3 (one animated)
Lord of the Flies x2
Bloodhungry Matriarch x1
Lucifer x1
Odin x1
White Wolf of Eldwood x1
Nephthys x1
Enstatued Seraph x1
Dark Angel Olivia x2
Daria, Dimensional Witch x2
Fafnir x1 (I liquefied two in the past. Regrets)
Imperial Dragoon x2 (one animated)
Bahamut x2 (one animated)

Top Bottom