• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3 gameplay walkthroughs are going up

rubhen925

Haha I was about to post some impressions of the game for that video here. The video showcases 2 hours of my beginning gameplay. It starts out fine wo th some story, intro to characters combat and mini games. This goes on for about 4 hours and things spiral down. You are constantly going from one person to another to get a clue and then run back to the other side to get another clue.

Later you are hit with a wall where you need 2000 bucks to progress the story. In retrospect, chopping wood gets 40 to 50 bucks. It takes a minute to 2 mins. Catching fish takes 1 to 2 mins for a fish and they sell for 20 to 30 bucks. Do you see the padding??

I'm about 10 hours in and it's even more frequent now.... combat is a bit different and I can't get used to it. You can select up to 5 special attacks that you can cycle through and activate instantly but they have recoveries so you cant spam them. I wish the game gave a more in depth combat tutorial instead of go spar and just press buttons.

Graphics are ok. Nothing revolutionary. Other than that the conversations with shenhua are the highlight. Some of them are very entertaining. But they repeat a lot of scenes, dialogues and animations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom