• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shift Up (Project Eve Studio) CEO purchased a PS5 for each of his 260 staff upon successfully showing the game at PlayStation showcase

pqueue

how the hell did he come up with 260 PS5s.

hell, even Costco cannot manage that feat.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
al pacino great ass GIF

So how did he do it? Isn't the PS5 sold out?
Well Hyung-Tae Kim is a pretty big name in Korean gaming industry, I guess it's like poor man Kojima san wants to buy 260 + ps5, he can definite manage to pull it off.

also this
Project Eve was featured in the latest Playstation showcase so he probably has some connections within Sony.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sweet. Always awesome to get free shit at work. I've always got free crap at companies I work at, but nothing like a PS5.

The best place I ever got free shit was an old summer job I worked at during university. A food wholesaler. Small company at that time (now much bigger). Bosses were awesome and let us have free stuff all the time. And it was in cases. Or dirt cheap if we wanted to buy it. Boxes of 48 bags of chips (like those Halloween boxes) or cases of 24 bottles of weird drinks he's be like..... just gimme $5. The corporate store had this hot chick with big tits and she didnt care if any of us took free snacks. As long as we left enough on shelf for any customers to buy and dont hog it all.

Last edited:

TwiztidElf

Incoming delays.

The only time work ever gave me free stuff it was for working over a weekend for free. We were told it was to be "better than cash".
We all couldn't figure out what it could possibly be. What's better than cash? All we could come up with was maybe tickets to an upcoming International World Cup sporting event that was being held.
Alas, it was a weekend away at a shitty resort. Still good, but building it up as "better than cash" was disappointment.

Last edited:
Everything but the main character looks great in the game. Unless she‘s an Android. That would stop me from laughing the whole game. Playing Metroid’s Samus without the suit is just utterly stupid to me.
ae26682371f9962eee81eca9e91ed991d431cdde.gifv

Rather play as this “Alpha NA:tive”.

BreakOut

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren’t most overseas Game Developers underpaid and overworked? The man’s salary is probably equal to everyone else’s combined. That’s a nice gesture.
It’s a Korean game right? No, Korea isn’t a country that doesn’t take care of its workers. To the best of my knowledge it’s 1st world. I don’t doubt they have their flaws but I don’t think it’s pennies on the dollar.

GymWolf

Everything but the main character looks great in the game. Unless she‘s an Android. That would stop me from laughing the whole game. Playing Metroid’s Samus without the suit is just utterly stupid to me.

She is an android dude.

What the cat says now?!

nemiroff

Gold Member
I'm sorry. What does marketing has to do with the console being available?
It indicates that this wholesome story could be a direct or indirect part of the marketing, thus they most likely got these PS5s directly from Sony. IDK

Last edited:

John Wick

So how did he do it? Isn't the PS5 sold out?
Considering he's developing a game for Sony consoles and showing it on their show he'll have contacts within Sony. Also do you think Sony are gonna miss an opportunity for the free publicity of him buying his entire staff PS5's?

BlackM1st

Banned

Yep that's an amazing suit, definitely more interesting than the main hero to me. As for the android part... yeah, she's probably a robot just like 2b from Nier.

BlackM1st

Banned
JxfP0LV.jpg

Man, just look at this ordinary looking office space and yet people working there create such a beautiful worlds and heroes.

And now some folks ask them to fall in line and make another dull character with a below average looks just to please the Twitter crowd. Ridiculous. Instead of supporting creativity/beauty some demand mediocrity.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member

Looks like something that would be in a Kojima game when he still knew how to make good games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom