• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ShiftUp is preparing additional costumes and NG+ as free updates for after Stellar blade release

Draugoth

Gold Member
No microtransactions, except for if they do costume collaborations with another company's IP!

"We want to make it clear at this point that Stellar Blade will not require any additional expenses that gamers are not aware of beyond what they paid for the package. The only exception is if we create collaboration costumes with another company's IP, those may be sold for a fee. Also, there is no New Game+ in the launch version, so please look forward to it being updated very soon."

Last edited:
jvK7cMT.gif

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
That's neat, wish all game companies were as honest as them.

Mr Hyde

It's great to see the devs being very consumer friendly. Shift Up and From Software showing how modern single player gaming should be. No bullshit, just a complete package from start to finish.

Crayon

I hate to look at gift horse in the mouth, but does it seem to anyone else like there is a quiet campaign around this game to appeal to gamers who have been fed up about a bunch of stuff in the industry?

I mean I can't imagine someone at sony, right when they sign this, saying that the horniness is going to be a problem in Western markets. And then someone sinister grinning back, "I hope so."

Every time these guys talk, they say the right things. And I joked about it last night, but now I'm starting to think there might be some shade of Japanese Sony firing a shot across the bow of the American side.

nowhat

Every time these guys talk, they say the right things. And I joked about it last night, but now I'm starting to think there might be some shade of Japanese Sony firing a shot across the bow of the American side.
You could say the same of Larian. Some studios just do the right thing, I'm not sure geographical location has anything to do with it.

Crayon

You could say the same of Larian. Some studios just do the right thing, I'm not sure geographical location has anything to do with it.

That's true, that's true. I guess what set my thinking of that direction was that I can imagine a few of their studios not approving of this game over the controversy, but Sony putting a nice push behind it anyway.

nial

Gold Member
And I joked about it last night, but now I'm starting to think there might be some shade of Japanese Sony firing a shot across the bow of the American side.
It's nice to speculate, but nah, this is not a Sega situation for one simple reason; SIE LLC (San Mateo) and SIE Inc. (Tokyo) have the same leadership.

Top Bottom