• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shooter games. SP, MP, or both?

Shooter gamers. SP, MP or both?

• Single Player focus (I dont play or barely touch MP)

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Multiplayer focus (I don't play or barely touch SP)

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Both. I put in good time playing or finishing SP, and I sink time into MP

Votes: 16 37.2%

• Total voters

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Multiplayer typically. I leave the single player for when I don't have internet access or I'm playing offline.

I've done that with pretty much all the COD games.

Reactions: MrS

Dream-Knife

Banned
Both, but it really depends for me.

When I was a kid I actually preferred SP, but now I prefer MP.

Cruelty Squad is SP only, and it's one of the best games this year.

Kuranghi

I like to look at environments in games, doesn't really gel well with MP:

*looking at ground* "Ooo niiiice" *gets shot in the back of the head*

every genre is too broad. Like to me Uncharted is a shooter. U kill more ppl in uncharted then halo and gears games combined.

so it has to be both

Rawker

Mp, a bot could never give me the same heart rate. Getting the shakes after a high pressure clutch win is what competitive gaming is all about for me. That release is something that I don't dare to search for in real life, but I imagine many who have faced life or death have felt.

jigglet

Banned
PvP only.

Haven't played a FPS campaign in nearly 10 years. That may change when AI improves. When I watch videos of games like Far Cry 6 and notice the AI are still doing the same routines from FC3 I just want to punch my monitor.

SP only.

The only games I ever play multi-player are racers, and that has only ever been Mario Kart, apart from the occasional free trial of Xbox Live.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Only type of "shooters" I enjoy these days are third person survival horror games like Dead Space, Evil Within and RE series so I would say single player?

Shelbutt

It used to be fun to play MP to blow off steam but it's just gotten boring and fucking toxic...To the point I'm still so burn out I don't really play much of anything MP now. Unless it's with my bf or select friends.

Definitely both and not just solo campaign or PVP multiplayer; cooperative gameplay is a thing and it is amazing fun, be it in small groups or large scale battles.

Also, one of the strengths of PVE modes, be it singleplayer or multiplayer co-op, is the opposition can be asymmetrical without upsetting most players.

Vagswarm

Singleplayer all day. The only time I really played multiplayer was with groups of friends, but that was split-screen (Halo, Goldeneye, CoD Zombies).

Last edited:

Artistic

Both outside of a few exceptions(Half-Life).

Just to ask, has Doom ever been considered a good MP game?

Last edited:
Top Bottom