• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should I get SSX3?

I have wanted to get this game for a while now and it is just at super affordable price currently ($25 Canadian), so I was wondering if I should pick up the GameCube version.

I really want the PS2 version for the better controls, but then I wouldn't get it until I get a PS2 (sometime this year...I hope).
Is the PS2 version worth the wait (till I get a PS2) for the better controls, etc, or should I just get the GameCube version? :S

BuddyC

I think the PS2 version is worth the wait really, it's only going to get cheaper.

Then again, I'm a die hard SSX fan.

gmoran

SSX3 is an ace game, if you can get it cheap on NGC now, then I'd get it now; there's going to be so much coming out once Summer's out the way.

Thanks for the opinions guys.
Well, the main thing I see is the controls being superior on the PS2 (online play doesn't matter for me).
However, I am not sure how much the controls will affact me on the GC version. Does anyone got any experience with the GC version that they can share. :)

etiolate

Banned
I have the GC versions of both SSX Tricky and SSX3 and it took some time to adjust to the controls, but once I did it was no problem. The controls are not like a horrible impossibility, they just have a learning curve that becomes natural soon enough.

Solid

Yes you should get it. Just the music is worth it alone. It's very fun! And I usually don't even play snowboardgames.

I have acces to all versions but I bought the PS2 one since I played both SSX and Tricky on it + it has a better suited controll for this game imo.

epmode

should you get ssx3?
yes. god yes.

should you get ssx3 for gamecube?
no. you've waited this long, you should probably hold out for the ps2 version, if only for the better control scheme. sadly, the online play is shit.

Ristamar

etiolate said:
I have the GC versions of both SSX Tricky and SSX3 and it took some time to adjust to the controls, but once I did it was no problem. The controls are not like a horrible impossibility, they just have a learning curve that becomes natural soon enough.

I agree. Once I spent some quality time with the game, despite my initial trepidation, I was relieved to find the GC controls to not be a hinderance.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I have the GCN version and have played the PS2 one as well, and heartily recommend either. I learned the game on the GCN, but had no problem going from one to the other, and back again.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The PS2 version plays better and looks better...but the GC version isn't bad. It really comes down to whether or not you can continue to wait. If you REALLY must play it now, go ahead and buy the GC version and you'll get a great game...but if you can wait, I'd do that and get the better version.

Top Bottom