• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

should i sell my psp for a ds?

AniHawk

Yes. Join us.

join_me.jpg

olimario

Banned
I don't regret selling my PSP. If all you're looking forward to on the system is GTA then I'd say it'll be a safe trade.

ChrisReid

For me it's worth keeping just for Ac!d 2 eventually, but if you're needing to be more practical, than definitely consider selling it. In addition to all the great games already mentioned in this thread, there's Nanostray, Advance Wars, Animal Crossing, & Mario Kart coming up.. I have no idea how the games library flip flopped in favor of the DS somehow, but it did.

demi

Are you in USA? I'll gladly buy the PSP off your hands to help you in the eventual purchase of the Nintendo DS handheld machine.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
olimario said:
I don't regret selling my PSP. If all you're looking forward to on the system is GTA then I'd say it'll be a safe trade.

I'll buy you a copy of Nintendogs for certain, shall we say, photographic reimbursement.

AniHawk

Himuro said:
How much will I get if I trade a psp in? It better be atleast 200 fucking dollars.

Gamestop was doing it for $187 if you had the card... $170 w/o. Dunno what it is now.

Mrbob

Why don't you just buy a DS?

Preferably used.

You need to make room for TOKOBOT as well.

TOKOBOT >>>>> all DS games

Ponn

Banned
Himuro said:
How much will I get if I trade a psp in? It better be atleast 200 fucking dollars.

No way, they are selling used for 200 bucks. Seriously though, never sell a system. Especially given the fact it's only been out for the summer months which are always slow and we haven't even hit the holidays or a year mark.

The DS is cheap enough just work a part time job for a week and there you go.

Ask yourself, is it important to play 3D, console-type games on the go? Is it important to have a PSP to play movies on the go?

If the answer to these questions is 'no', then go for it. If you're a Nintendo fan, it's essential to have a DS anyway, as most of their current output is coming to that system.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Good lord, no. Don't be one of those idiots who buys a console and sells it at a loss every time there's a five-minute game drought. Skip a couple of games and buy a DS as well.

And to anyone who says otherwise, you're agreeing with olimario.

Zilch

Banned
Can anyone tell me if any stores are still doing that 'Buy an NDS and get Mario DS free/packaged with it" promotion? Thanks.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
no

btw, i would never use this forum's advice for selling/buying consoles. must suck if you can't figure out your own interests in gaming

Ponn

Banned
Zilch said:
Can anyone tell me if any stores are still doing that 'Buy an NDS and get Mario DS free/packaged with it" promotion? Thanks.

Target was last week. Not sure about this week.

Flo_Evans

I would say keep it. Homebrew is not the be all end all for the system - but your chances of getting a 1.5 down the line are slim. Of course they could crack the later firmwares, but I wouldn't risk it personaly.

Save up for a bit and just buy a DS.

demi

Ignore these people, sell me your PSP. They know not of what they are discussing.

I will help you come to the eventual truth. Himuro, take my hand and walk down my path.

Please, the pictures.

demi

Himuro said:
Seems my mom has the digi cam, but I'm still looking. What pics do you want of it? just the system or all the games too?

The whole package, preferably. To see what I am working with.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Himuro said:
If I do get a DS by trading it in, what games should I get? Feel the Magic is a given. What else?

Nothing, that's the problem. I also want to buy a DS (well, buy one back again, I sold mine off when the PSP came out in Japan last year), but I'm waiting until all these "big" DS titles actually get RELEASED before I buy one. I plan on buying one in a few weeks when Castlevania hits Japan, plus Jump Super Stars is about to come out. Already picked up Meteos, but there's nothing else. For all the hype about upcoming titles that the DS got after E3, the current line-up is far worse than the PSP's IMO.

The PSP is going to be getting plenty of games as well; just keep it...it's not worth getting rid of it when you know there will be titles coming out that will make you want to buy one back.

Demi just wants your PSP so he can run emulators on it. That is assuming you have a 1.5 firmware system. :)

Ironclad

If you do choose to trade in your PSP for a DS, you definitely have to import Ouendan and Jump Super Stars. Also, pick up Kirby, Meteos, Feel the Magic and Polarium. Nanostray is fine too. It's an average shump.

KINGMOKU

You can buy a used DS now for 60$, depending on where your located. If you DO buy a used DS, be very carefull to inspect it for ANY kind of damage.

My brother had purchased a used one, and it had something stuck to the screen, and he couldnt get it off, so we returned it before we left the parking lot.

Also check all the buttons, and if you can, have them play a game, in BOTH the GBA, and DS slots to make sure it works.

The DS is a great machine, with amazing potential. That's why I bought one, becuase it can do things, no other system, handheld or otheriwse can do.

Kirby is just the start of what I HOPE is a long line of cool, fun as hell, never before done games.

neptunes

Dude, NO wait!

I can trade you my DS in good condition (box and everything), the serial number isn't even registered yet.

I'll throw in an extra $50. :p

Himuro said:
SOLD. I'm sorry demi, but I'm about to go to gamestop in a few minutes. :)

Just remember to look at the touch screen before you buy it. When I bought mine, I went through a couple of 'questionable' DS' before I finally decided on one that I liked. :)

Tain

Right now the only thing I use my psp for is for playing NES roms on it on the go, and apparently DS can do that too.

...For a price. Flash carts aren't cheap.

Unless I'm missing something.

Go for it, I sold mine last week and I can honestly say that i'll only miss Lumines. I realized that the only games I was looking forward to (Pro Evo, Virtua Tennis and GTA somewhat) were all things I could just play on my PS2. The average Death Jr reviews I saw around the internets were the deciding factor so I sold it and put the money into my HDTV fund :)

I'm someone who buys handhelds for the different games they offer, not portability (infact, both my DS and PSP have never even left my house I don't think), and the DS absolutly destroys the PSP in this respect. I may pick a white PSP in about a years time if the amount of ORIGINAL software improves, but I doubt it will.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Does anyone know how much the DS costs in Japan? I'd really like to wait until I get over there in a few weeks and pick up a white or black system, but if it's cheaper here, I'll take silver instead and get one now.

Himuro said:
I have 1.5

And sure there's stuff for DS now: Kirby, Pic Pax, Feel the Magic;etc.

And that's about it. :) I had Feel the Magic already; it doesn't offer much replay value. And I hear Pac Pix is a like more of a tech demo than a game. I do want to try Kirby though, but as far as I'm concerned, Meteos is the game to have on DS right now.

Cathcart

Yes. Once you've licked the PSP a few times you're pretty much out of stuff to do with it. I'll admit that the DS doesn't taste nearly as good as the PSP, but you'll get over that quickly because you'll actually be playing games on it. When the best game on your system is a program that turns it into another system you're in some shit. Get out while you can.

Top Bottom