• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

should i sell my psp for a ds?

Who am I to judge if a man wants to sell his handheld Ferrari for the technological equivalent of a Subaru Justy? If he's that excited about the gaming equivalent of commuter traffic, maybe the DS is the perfect choice for him.

I mean, GEEZUS, he listed Ninten-fucking-dogs. You honestly can't like games and want Nintendogs at the same time. The best cure for that sort of self-loathing is the sort of interminable suffering the Nintendo DS brings -- you just gotta hurt to heal. I should know; Robocop made Makai Kingdom all the sweeter.

Personally, though, I'd still be a little insulted by having to purchase a two-screen GBA with PSOne era 3D support and an awkward control gimmick, but as I've said before: I didn't think they'd sell a single Big-Mouth Billy Bass unit over Christmas 2001, either. For some folks, being stupidly different is enough!

To continue iapetus' lone post along sane lines: why not keep your PSP and just get a DS as well? You know, the smart thing to do?

Cathcart

My favorite part is when all of the PSP fanboys tell us how great the specs are and when you ask what's good on the system they list a bunch of ports and emulators. Jesus. It's like an army of Rain Men driving slow on the driveway on Saturday in a 1949 Buick Roadmaster.

Straight 8. Fireball 8.

Zer0

Banned
Cathcart said:
My favorite part is when all of the PSP fanboys tell us how great the specs are and when you ask what's good on the system they list a bunch of ports and emulators. Jesus. It's like an army of Rain Men driving slow on the driveway on Saturday in a 1949 Buick Roadmaster.

Straight 8. Fireball 8.

its funny when fanboys call fanboys to other guys XD

Unison

Himuro said:
I have 1.5

And sure there's stuff for DS now: Kirby, Pic Pax, Feel the Magic;etc.

If you have 1.5, keep your PSP for emus & homebrew.

Get a DS some time when they're packing a game with it or something.

Eh so much wrong info

Gamestop gives 170.00 for used PSP's.. Discount cards (Game Informer/More Cards) dont work on system trade ins for the +10%

Also Gamestop sells Nintendo DS's used for 109.99 took a price drop just yesterday

correct info ftw.

FANBOY.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Cathcart said:

Straight 8. Fireball 8.

Drinky's rant was much much better.

I give yours a ........6 out of 10

Drinky's was an 8 out of 10

Drinky Crow said:
Who am I to judge if a man wants to sell his handheld Ferrari for the technological equivalent of a Subaru Justy? If he's that excited about the gaming equivalent of commuter traffic, maybe the DS is the perfect choice for him.

I mean, GEEZUS, he listed Ninten-fucking-dogs. You honestly can't like games and want Nintendogs at the same time. The best cure for that sort of self-loathing is the sort of interminable suffering the Nintendo DS brings -- you just gotta hurt to heal. I should know; Robocop made Makai Kingdom all the sweeter.

Personally, though, I'd still be a little insulted by having to purchase a two-screen GBA with PSOne era 3D support and an awkward control gimmick, but as I've said before: I didn't think they'd sell a single Big-Mouth Billy Bass unit over Christmas 2001, either. For some folks, being stupidly different is enough!

Actually, if you're going to make a car comparison, at least make a fair one and say it's like buying a Honda Civic when you could buy an Infiniti G35 or something. Oh wait, that'd mean they're both worth owning, and you don't want the truth to come out, right?

Yeah, I'd be insulted to buy a car that gets way better gas mileage, is cheaper to insure, and still gets me from point A to point B in roughly the same amount of time for about half the cost, right?

Oh, wait...

Back on topic:It's the games, stupid. Figure out whether the PSP's game selection is worth hanging onto the unit or not, and if it is, save up and buy a DS when you can afford it. Neither has a particularly great lineup yet and the games that are already out probably aren't going anywhere.

do it. start off with...

Electroplankton
Advance Wars
Kirby

then take your pick from all the other good shit that's on its way. there's also GBA games.

Vandiger

Drinky Crow said:

Glad Drinky is the enemy of every nintendo fanboy w/o him this place turns to shit with all the Nintendo humping.

demi

Vandiger said:
Glad Drinky is the enemy of every nintendo fanboy w/o him this place turns to shit with all the Nintendo humping.

He and I are good friends, actually.

You can often find us at the local diner restroom doing daily trucker blowjob competitions.

APF

As long as you already own the PSP, why would you want to purposefully limit the games you could potentially play? If you were debating which one to buy in the first place then of course I could understand choosing the device you felt had the overall better current/upcoming library, blah blah blah, but the DS is cheap and the PSP is such a great machine that I would just hold on to it myself.

mutsu

Himuro said:
Got my DS. Poor lil PSP. Poor buddy!

I got the blue DS, and Feel the Magic, Kirby Canvas Curse, and Mario DS. Kirby is pretty damn fun..and Feel The Magic is WIERD! :lol The control on Mario 64DS is better than I remember, in fact, it's perfect. I like this touch screen a lot more now that I have my own. Overall, I am very happy with my trade in compared to what I originally had with my psp, with the exception of Lumines. ;(

Well done :lol

Sanjuro

Himuro said:

I got the blue DS, and Feel the Magic, Kirby Canvas Curse, and Mario DS. Kirby is pretty damn fun..and Feel The Magic is WIERD! :lol The control on Mario 64DS is better than I remember, in fact, it's perfect. I like this touch screen a lot more now that I have my own. Overall, I am very happy with my trade in compared to what I originally had with my psp, with the exception of Lumines. ;(

You are me sir. I bought my DS at launch same with the PSP. I brought PSP back to Circuit City only thing I missed was Lumines as well. But have fun with Kirby, pick up WarioWare. look foreward to Nintendogs and Advance Wars this month.

Had to edit post, didnt know he purchased already.

Mrbob

Mode said:
you...... bought...... Feel the Magic........? ..... why?

He hates himself? Buying a DS is the first tell tale sign. But, if you are going to get mini games you might as well get Wario Ware....

GDGF

Soothsayer
Shouda got Meteos, bub.

Good choices otherwise, but you might want to take Feel the Magic back for Meteos since the sequel is coming soon.

Welcome to the winning team, btw :)

Ironclad

Yeah, you definitely have to pick up Meteos now. You might as well import Ouendan as well seeing as how it is probably the best game on the system right now.

Drinky Crow said:

hope your "handheld Ferrari" gets you loads of chicks because obviously that's what you bought it for, not to play good games, like on DS. I bet you're real slick when you take out your PSP at the bus stop, or hell better yet, saturday night at the bar. Your pockets must be swollen with womens' telephone numbers.

I just got Untold Legends for PSP because I was getting angry at myself for buying such an expensive toy and letting it rot on the shelf. Boy does that game suck.

Paladin69

Drinky Crow said:
mean, GEEZUS, he listed Ninten-fucking-dogs. You honestly can't like games and want Nintendogs at the same time. The best cure for that sort of self-loathing is the sort of interminable suffering the Nintendo DS brings -- you just gotta hurt to heal. I should know; Robocop made Makai Kingdom all the sweeter.

You must not like games either, considering PSP's current and upcoming library of shit. :lol

Also, PSOne has tons of shitty texture shimmering. The DS has none what-so-ever.

Drinky Crow said:

There must be someone or some entity that is paying you, i mean everyone has a limit.....

Leo

I've gotta throw in my own "good move" to the heap. I've had both systems since launch, and the DS is just so much better than the PSP.

Granted, I'm Nintendo's bitch, but the PSP has just been incredibly dissapointing. I know the DS had kind of a slow start as well, but at least I knew that there were tons of good games coming down the line. With the PSP, there are hardly any--especially that I'm willing to pay $40 or $50 for. I currently have zero games for the PSP (Lumines was boring after mastering it), and don't know for sure if I'll be any more this year (wait for prices to lower).

I've thought about trading mine in, but, like has been mentioned, it's tough to do when I know there eventually WILL be good stuff for it. At the same time, I really only need one handheld, and everyone I know has a DS and will not buy a PSP. So when out with friends I really have no reason to have the PSP along.

Brofist

You'll probably be better off for 6 months or so. Don't make a post though when real PSP games start coming out and you want to buy another though ;)

Brofist

Paladin69 said:
You must not like games either, considering PSP's current and upcoming library of shit. :lol

Also, PSOne has tons of shitty texture shimmering. The DS has none what-so-ever.

What's your point. Don't tell me you believe DS game graphics to be better than PSP? Better selection right now I'll accept, more innovative games I'll accept, better graphics though? You gotta be fuckin high.

GDGF said:
He said PSOne, not PSP :)

I though he compared PSP games to PSOne. Then I'm fuckin high :p

Tarazet

Drinky Crow said:

You may hate my kind, but I have to say I love yours.

GDGF

Soothsayer
kpop100 said:
What's your point. Don't tell me you believe DS game graphics to be better than PSP? Better selection right now I'll accept, more innovative games I'll accept, better graphics though? You gotta be fuckin high.

He said PSOne, not PSP :)

Brofist

Himuro said:
I doubt it. I plan on buying another psp, but it's not really a priority as of now, until they get their act straight.

WS9 that looks at least 80-90% of the PS2 version is getting their act straight for me :D

mj1108

Himuro said:

dswelcome1.jpg

Top Bottom