• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shuhei Yoshida "Last 5 played Games"

Mabdia

Ok... I guess.

I really miss Shu as the head of WWS... I really miss Andrew House as the head of Playstation.
Sony buying Valve confirmed.
I know it is a Joke. But there is a limit to these kind of jokes. Can you imagine how Sony would handle Steam? A lot of good games should be banned and a lot of others censored.

reksveks

Ok... I guess.

I really miss Shu as the head of WWS... I really miss Andrew House as the head of Playstation.

I know it is a Joke. But there is a limit to these kind of jokes. Can you imagine how Sony would handle Steam? A lot of good games should be banned and a lot of others censored.
Ohh, I would love to see Sony's reaction to the adult visual novels on the Steam storefront.

0neAnd0nly

If it was Portal 1/2 it should write it and not say it is an unreleased game.

But it could be Portal 3.
I have a hard time imagining valve would allow Sony to be the first to even hint at this.

Gabe and Valve's love affair with Gates and Microsoft goes wayyyyyyyyy back. He has always treated PS odd, from delaying releases on it (hello Orange Box and Portal) to never really talking positively about it while praising MS bs.

Don't get me wrong, I respect them and they are allowed to have their view - and maybe it isn't like that anymore between the 2 parties. Just can't imagine Sony being the ones to hint at this.

cormack12

Gold Member
ESNpMg_WoAAy8FV.jpg

Airbus Jr

Banned
Colin Moriarty says new souls game is coming and its not by From

Guy is pinpoint accurate when it comes to playstation he leaked demon souls remake a year before official announcement so i believe him

Finger crossed its bloodborne 2

Last edited:

Holammer

Those two should just get a room.
This is carefully orchestrated marketing. Get Excite!

Bloodborne PS5 compatibility sounds reasonable, but they should keep that under wraps for awhile so they don't steal Elden's thunder.
Portal 1-2 are the poster boys for the Puzzle Action genre. Maybe Playstation and Xbox will get the collection too.

But "unreleased"? Makes it doubtful

Yoboman

This is obviously PR because Shu thought Demons Souls was one of the worst games he'd ever played
Before it released that is. The game was pretty rough in the full release, pre release before it all came together its not hard to imagine it being pretty bad. He has changed his opinion

I feel one of Sony’s biggest software mistakes this generation was passing on publishing Demon’s Souls in North America and Europe.

Absolutely! Tell me about it! 100 percent agree!

How did it happen? Was it as simple as this game wasn’t going to sell? How involved were you?

In short, that’s what happens to any game. Especially games made in Japan since the majority of them aren’t relevant to markets outside of Japan. There are always processes between product development and marketing in U.S. and Europe. All things considered, it’s part of the issue of making games in Japan. The game development in Japan typically is made horizontally where all assets are made in parallel, so it’s difficult to figure out what the final state of the game is going to be.

The western style game development is typically a vertical slice. So in the very early process, the team tried to create a small piece of the experience that resembles the final product. What happened with Demon’s Souls was until very late in the game’s development, we were not able to play the game through. There were framerate issues and the network was not up and running. We underestimated the quality of the game and to be honest, the media in Japan did the same.

For my personal experience with Demon’s Souls, when it was close to final I spent close to two hours playing it and after two hours I was still standing at the beginning at the game. I said, “This is crap. This is an unbelievably bad game.” So I put it aside.

Luckily, third party publishers, Atlus in North America and Namco in Europe [stepped in], and it really became a great hit outside of Japan.

We definitely dropped the ball from a publishing standpoint, including studio management side. We were not able to see the value of the product we were making.

Knightime_X

Soulslike is probably literally any game that copy paste souls genre.
And it's likely most definitely NOT bloodborne.

So who cares..
😒😒😒

Last edited:

CosmicComet

It's a sad state of affairs that Hermen Hulst is now Shu's boss.

Not only is Hulst a dry, charisma-less bastard (like a lot of the Dutch admittedly), his 1st party decisions have been garbage.

1st party under Shu was far better, far more diverse in output.

Salz01

Maybe one of them is Stray. It’s been like forever since they’ve showed anything and it was supposed to release some time soon. I want to see more of that game too. At first reveal I was like whatever, but that last walk through looked great.

Mr Hyde

Didn't really enjoy Salt and sanctuary so probably gonna skip the sequel. So many better games out there when it comes to 2D Metroidvanias/ Souls-like. Also didn't like the artstyle.

Top Bottom