• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

Leonsito

In Act 2 is more easy to get all the stuff, I missed a lot of things in Act 1, so props to EA for the balance patch.

Now, if they could do the same to the epic projects in Simcity Buildit it would be GREAT

Hellers

Got the last set of quests going for the moonshine shack. That will push me over the line for Festivus CBG.

Started on the new year quests today

In Act 2 is more easy to get all the stuff, I missed a lot of things in Act 1, so props to EA for the balance patch.

Now, if they could do the same to the epic projects in Simcity Buildit it would be GREAT

I don't know if you're making a joke about Springfield Heights but Springfield Heights really needs a balance patch to ease things up, otherwise I'm just going to continue to ignore it.

Talk about tedious...

Marvie_3

Banned
I don't know if you're making a joke about Springfield Heights but Springfield Heights really needs a balance patch to ease things up, otherwise I'm just going to continue to ignore it.

Talk about tedious...
Yeah its a huge pain. I hit 1B a few weeks ago because I had my tablet next to me and just kept grinding while I was watching tv or playing a different game.

Hellers

Talk about tedious...

It's certainly that. I'm just past the second reward on that track and it's so slow to progress. I occasionally (Like tonight) sit there and have it on while I'm using the computer but I have to focus on just one upgrade at a time and they take so long.

I think what might be better there is higher currency rewards and longer timers. Just so you don't have to sit there and micromanage it so much. I need 80 yoga mats at the moment for one upgrade. Maybe sending the crew on 8 hour jobs could net me that without fuss. I think they obviously intended the heights to be a long term progression thing but they've seriously misjudged it.

Well last act off to a fairly slow start. Fair number of long quests and only real currency from Maggie I think and bears so far. Given that bears are worth 8 each Im guessing they will be the main way through whole event.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Something seems a bit off. I'm logged in, but it keeps starting with the intro video and putting me back at the very beginning, then crashing out and repeating.

DarthWoo

So I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and that worked for a couple hours, at the cost of a very slow download (got crap bandwidth, and the thing keeps going to the lost connection screen every few minutes so I have to tap it to start it again) but now it's starting back at the beginning yet again. Nobody else has been seeing this?

So I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and that worked for a couple hours, at the cost of a very slow download (got crap bandwidth, and the thing keeps going to the lost connection screen every few minutes so I have to tap it to start it again) but now it's starting back at the beginning yet again. Nobody else has been seeing this?

Like beginning as in fresh town? I've had that happen I just play til it lets me log in to origin account and it resets to my account. Never had it loop more than once in a row though.

DarthWoo

Like beginning as in fresh town? I've had that happen I just play til it lets me log in to origin account and it resets to my account. Never had it loop more than once in a row though.

I'd tried that a couple times, but unfortunately it always crashes within minutes of starting, yet again completely restarting afterward. On one of my last tries, it crashed before it even finished the intro movie.

I'd tried that a couple times, but unfortunately it always crashes within minutes of starting, yet again completely restarting afterward. On one of my last tries, it crashed before it even finished the intro movie.

Weird...I guess try opening a thread on the EA forum for support? Sounds like a corrupted install but if you already did a full reinstall once =/. And no other apps are having issues?

It could be the device you are using. Also you could try and uninstall any apps you are not using.

DarthWoo

I thought I'd try installing the game on my old Nook HD, though oddly it now claims it's not compatible despite having been compatible for years before.

As for the device I was already using, I'm not sure why that would be an issue, as it's what I had been using regularly for the past year.

DarthWoo

I'm sorry you're having issues, DarthWoo. Your town is probably the coolest one I've seen!

It's kind of fallen apart with all the new stuff. I just never get around to putting things where they should go. The problem seems solved for now. Rather than uninstall and reinstall, I cleared all data from the app, which technically left it installed, but it had to download all the updates all over again, which is a pain when it can't stay connect for more than a few minutes at a time on an already low bandwidth connection.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Thats my problem too. I used to have it set up well but now im so far behind and my town looks like a garbage dump. One of these days ill rearrange everything.

I cry every time I visit your town, lol. All the bears like to congregate around that park area with all the trees.

I've had this game a few days now and am upto level 10.. I accidentally built the same house 3 times next to each other.. is there a way to destroy 2 of them?

Oh and the push notifications going off at 3 am in my bed next to my head scare the shit out of me =\

DarthWoo

I've had this game a few days now and am upto level 10.. I accidentally built the same house 3 times next to each other.. is there a way to destroy 2 of them?

Oh and the push notifications going off at 3 am in my bed next to my head scare the shit out of me =\

You won't get much back from selling them, so you could just stick them in storage instead. Just tap the little button with the four-way arrow and that brings you into edit mode. Tap the two houses you don't want, and then on the little cardboard box button. That puts them into storage for later.

They're going to be generating income that you might need though, so if they're not in the way, you might as well just keep them out. Unfortunately it's no longer practical due to the implementation of increasing costs, but a lot of people used to just build entire fields of the same house over and over (typically blue or white) so they could just check in at each payout period and make a whole bunch of money at once.

you can turn it off you know... click that Build Icon , tap the gear then turn push notifications off.

Maddocks

super late to the party, but added some of you, I haven't looked at my origin username in ages as it's always signed in, but I think it's

MetalMaddocks

add me if you want, I play this this daily, I'm addicted.

But I have 120 donuts, I'm torn. use it on Otto or save em for later use?

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm basically not able to play the game for the next week, so I'll be missing out on the rest of the prizes. Heck I'm not even on the 2nd award for pacifiers.

Internet at home is shoddy, and won't be resolved until my new modem arrives. And I'm at my mobile data limit ;(

AleeN634

Just finished the main quest, loved the dig at Krustyland during the questline. Also didn't expect a big cinema at the end.

Man I hope they reuse the bears for a Bear Patrol event.

Top Bottom