• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

Marvie_3

Banned
Well event finally ended. Looks like they didn't nerf the walls either! =)

Wonder if we will get another thanksgiving event this year or they going to hold off until christmas.
Hopefully they hold off. I could use a few weeks with no event. The halloween one seemed to drag on forever.

In-game update is out; it adds a mini Thanksgiving event. Homer starts with a few 6 second tasks. Some of the previous Thanksgiving premium items are back on sale.

Welp, I came back to this game. The IRS and Unemployment offices are really nice.

I wanted to check out the Black Friday sales (yawn) but stuck around for King Size Homer. He does not disappoint lol

Just doing my pre-Christmas rebuild. Got a nice little Lake Springfield/ haunted campsite thing going on.

Do we reckon Christmas is coming this week at the end of the Thanksgiving stuff, or will we be waiting until next week?

UberTag

Just doing my pre-Christmas rebuild. Got a nice little Lake Springfield/ haunted campsite thing going on.

Do we reckon Christmas is coming this week at the end of the Thanksgiving stuff, or will we be waiting until next week?
Might be next week. They're assuming people went to town on Black Friday stockpiling all of those premium characters they've had their eye on but never purchased and are overwhelmed in character-specific tasks right now.

Might be next week. They're assuming people went to town on Black Friday stockpiling all of those premium characters they've had their eye on but never purchased and are overwhelmed in character-specific tasks right now.

Turns out that you're right, but we are getting the second phase of Springfield Heights this week, as well as a new festive skin for Flanders' house that teases the Christmas event.

As someone who hasn't put that much energy into SH, I might try and do a bit more over the next week.

Turns out that you're right, but we are getting the second phase of Springfield Heights this week, as well as a new festive skin for Flanders' house that teases the Christmas event.

As someone who hasn't put that much energy into SH, I might try and do a bit more over the next week.

Strange that we got a second Christmas skin for the Flanders house. Kinda pointless, IMO.

Makes me think they're really gonna go all out with the Christmas skins this year. We got a ton of new ones last year, too.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing snow next week, as I started this game during the 2013 Christmas event.

Hellers

I need to put some effort into springfield heights too now part two has launched. I think that's my evenings for a few weeks :) I wish the tasks were longer but we needed less of them. I wouldn't need to spend hours with the game then

Marvie_3

Banned
I need to put some effort into springfield heights too now part two has launched. I think that's my evenings for a few weeks :) I wish the tasks were longer but we needed less of them. I wouldn't need to spend hours with the game then
I just hit $1b a few days ago. I just kept the game open on my tablet while I was playing Fallout 4. Multitasking made it way less of a chore.

Marvie_3

Banned
Really wish they would have adjusted the crafting times on the springfield heights materials. Seems like there's even more bottlenecks now.

AleeN634

I just hit $1b a few days ago. I just kept the game open on my tablet while I was playing Fallout 4. Multitasking made it way less of a chore.

That's a good idea. I really need to grind out the pills and awards statues to get the higher tier buildings done.

Hellers

Looks like we're building an upmarket squidport this time. I'm down with that. We need more reasons to use the water tiles.

UberTag

Strange that we got a second Christmas skin for the Flanders house. Kinda pointless, IMO.

Makes me think they're really gonna go all out with the Christmas skins this year. We got a ton of new ones last year, too.
My beef with last year's Christmas event is that newcomers to Tapped Out were punished by restricting available unlocks. Only veterans that already had the old skins were given access to the new ones. They need to accommodate people who are catching up and want to ensure their Springfield is as fully decorated as possible.

Hellers

I'm back into the groove of Springfield Heights now. The trick is to focus on one thing at a time and be doing something else with the ipad open in front of you.

For the next three days I'll be playing Xenoblade Chronicles X on my Wii-U while grinding out stuff in Tapped Out.

Nice to see snow falling in Springfield again. Makes me slightly nostalgic since I started playing around Christmas two years ago.

Still got the three-act structure but it looks like it doesn't last as long. That may be a nice change.

Maengun1

I've been halfassing events for over a year now, and then get mad that I hardly get any of the prizes, put even less effort into the next event, etc.....

But this one looks like it actually has a lot of characters that I'd like to have, so I'm going HAM

Entropia

No One Remembers
Crap I missed that the new update is out!

EDIT: Just checked my phone, logged in and checked the app store and didn't see an update? :(

Hellers

I cleared a load of people out during the Halloween event. Add mightyflub if you're a regular.

Did you used to be able to see when people last played without having to click onto them? It's very cumbersome sorting this stuff out now.

Really enjoying the event so far. Set people doing 4 hour christmas jobs and bulk set the rest doing regular 4 hour jobs. Rinse and PROFIT

Entropia

No One Remembers
I cleared a load of people out during the Halloween event. Add mightyflub if you're a regular.

Did you used to be able to see when people last played without having to click onto them? It's very cumbersome sorting this stuff out now.

Really enjoying the event so far. Set people doing 4 hour christmas jobs and bulk set the rest doing regular 4 hour jobs. Rinse and PROFIT

I don't think so?

I just went on my computer and removed the friends through the Origin program, made things a lot quicker.

Added you, I'm Demonxeno on Origin

TeddyBoy

A good tactic is to wait for an event to start and give it a few days.

If people aren't playing they won't have any event currency for the current event. So they can be deleted (I just hide people mind).

UberTag

If anyone still needs to add me to their arsenal of neighbors to visit, you can flip my name in reverse (gaTrebU) and track me down.

How do we get extra presents to drop in our neighbours' towns, by the way? I got five when I started, and haven't had any since. I need to drop more to do today's daily bonus.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Have to do a 300MB update which is constantly dropping out every couple minutes. Is that probably a result of trying to download the update when everyone else is also downloading it?

Bah I went through tapping neighbors last night before unlocking the later quest to do merrymakers in town. so missed out on a few hats. oh well. Pretty much only being doing nice on present drops too

Hellers

Bah I went through tapping neighbors last night before unlocking the later quest to do merrymakers in town. so missed out on a few hats. oh well. Pretty much only being doing nice on present drops too

It's another one of those events where the effort required to tap friends doesn't translate into reward. 1 hat and 1 bell isn't worth it IMO.

Present wise I'm going nice all the way. It's the prisoners dilema. The most efficient solution is for everyone to do nice.

do the presents expire in 4 hrs like things from past events? saw a notice when I got up just now that geeteecee had sent me one but only found 1 from corrosive instead.

Looked around with buildings hidden too =/

Cleaned out some inactives although I wasnt really near the 100 cap anyway. Think we should make a new list of actives since I don't think OP is updated anymore?

Top Bottom