• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skydance's BEHEMOTH - First Gameplay | PS VR 2 Games | State of Play

Draugoth

Gold Member

Studio and publisher Skydance Games offered a first look at gameplay for its upcoming action adventure VR game, Skydance's BEHEMOTH, slated to release later this year. The gameplay trailer offers viewers a glimpse of the breathtaking traversal gameplay, brutal physics-based hand-to-hand combat and larger-than-life boss battles that await them.Skydance's BEHEMOTH tells an original story set in the Forsaken Lands, the plague-ravished wasteland of a once glorious empire, where its inhabitants are driven mad and cities have fallen to ruin. Players take on the role of a cursed warrior embarking on a perilous quest to rid the Lands of an insurmountable threat: the monstrous Behemoths.In glorious VR fashion, this treacherous journey will bring the warrior to their limits, requiring their wits, skills, and unyielding determination to overcome whatever brutality the Forsaken Lands have in store for them.

Last edited:

CamHostage

WIsh there was more discussion on this. Looks INCREDIBLE. Saints and Sinners is one of the best VR experiences out there and the devs next move looks like a cross of Asgard's Wrath and blade and sorcery. It's gonna bang.

Funny bit of trivia since you mentioned the word "sorcery", the makers of Saints and Sinners at Skydance were originally a short-lived (but veteran-run) company called The Workshop, and that studio originally made a PS3 PlayStation Move game called Sorcery. Although they only did that one Move game, their work there ended up being kind of a trial run with Move for what would be their claim to fame in VR. (There's also a little bit of crossover with Behemoth and Sorcery, although that game was more magic-combat based and this is more visceral hand-to-hand, but they do a bit of combo moves in both.)

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Looks really good. I wonder how the Quest 3 version will look compared to the PC one?

Romulus

Looks really good. I wonder how the Quest 3 version will look compared to the PC one?

Gonna be interesting because we haven't seen any big games that specifically push Quest 3 hardware without the need of a Quest 2 version. This is one of those games along with Alien and Batman.

Is this supposed to be a light or medium RPG?

drezz

Dark Messiah
It did give some Dark Messiah vibbes with the spikes on the wall that we could kick enemies into, but here he throws them.
Hope there is a Kick button so we can have a bit of a montage like 100 miles kick vid.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Is this true? or wishful thinking? If it's on PC I'll buy it.

Edit-Looks like I'm buying it. The Skydance website lists PC and Meta.

It was announced for multiple platforms first. I can see why you’re confused though, considering OP and Sony want to make people think its an exclusive.

Last edited:

Romulus

It looks promising. I like the physicality of the combat and the superhuman strength aspect that makes for some interesting moments.

Previews dropped and it looks really, really good. Apparently the campaign should be around 10 to 12 hours and the game uses every PSVR2 features.

Oh and its only gonna be 40 bucks.

Easy day one purchase, especially considering the devs pedigree.

Yeah this looks like an easy buy especially given the talent of the studio with saints and sinners

I don’t know why people are complaining about psvr2 support - it was always going to come from smaller studios like this

It seems to me like most psvr2 owners are happy and the people complaining aren’t into vr

Yeah this looks like an easy buy especially given the talent of the studio with saints and sinners

I don’t know why people are complaining about psvr2 support - it was always going to come from smaller studios like this

It seems to me like most psvr2 owners are happy and the people complaining aren’t into vr
I'm not complaining. I use my VR2 regularly and have already got my moneys worth.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Funny bit of trivia since you mentioned the word "sorcery", the makers of Saints and Sinners at Skydance were originally a short-lived (but veteran-run) company called The Workshop, and that studio originally made a PS3 PlayStation Move game called Sorcery. Although they only did that one Move game, their work there ended up being kind of a trial run with Move for what would be their claim to fame in VR. (There's also a little bit of crossover with Behemoth and Sorcery, although that game was more magic-combat based and this is more visceral hand-to-hand, but they do a bit of combo moves in both.)

I learned that too a few months back. Dug out the PS3 camera and Move controllers, ordered Sorcery and was quite shocked to learn that they morphed into Skydance. Great studio. Alyx always gets mentioned as the GOAT VR title but I'd argue that S&S is in that conversation too.

Top Bottom