• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim shipped 40M+, Fallout 4 shipped ~25M LTD | Sales expectations for future Zenimax titles and LTD update for Zenimax franchises as of 2020

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

PeteBull

It's amazing how well skyrim sold. Oh wait. No, it's not. It was a good game that was released on absolutely everything. Funny that.
Starfield will sell well too, maybe 8m total first 2-3 years? Mostly on pc ofc maybe 10m totall including some goty/remaster editions, ofc it wont be anywhere close to skyrim or even fallout, still much better from most/all microsoft first party games if we count current and last gen, i think ;)

Flabagast

Starfield assumptions was before the acquisition by MS. Of course they do not expect at all to sell 25M now (unless they release it down the line on PS5)

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It still sold very well. Not sure why you're trying to downplay its success.
? I'm not? I'm just taking a jab at Bethesda/MS for making es6 console exclusive. As the leaks have said. Multiplatform games like these sell better. I probably could have worded it better.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Fallout 5 is probably nothing more than some random thoughts scrawled onto a cigarette packet at this stage. It's absolutely not seeing the light of day before 2030.

As others have said, these figures are old. There is no way ESVI sells 40m copies in addition to being released on Gamepass.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It still sold very well. Not sure why you're trying to downplay its success.

It's the 7th highest selling game of all time, reportedly.

Not too shabby.

Tetris: 520 million
Minecraft: 238 million
Grand Theft Auto V: 175 million
Wii Sports: 82.9 million
PUBG: 75 million
Mario Kart 8 + Deluxe: 62 million
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: 60 million
Super Mario Bros. (1985): 58 million
Red Dead Redemption 2: 50 million
Overwatch: 50 million

Bkdk

Seems like starfield could come in well below estimates, bgs better hope modders will do the magic. Zenimax made a great decision to allow MS to buy the company at peak price.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Seems like starfield could come in well below estimates, bgs better hope modders will do the magic. Zenimax made a great decision to allow MS to buy the company at peak price.
I feel like modding tools might make the game jump a bit. It's why Skyrim on PC is still relevant today. Modded properly Skyrim can look like or play like a completely new game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
They expect to sell 40M copies of TESVI with it being on GP and also not being on PlayStation? Lol, good luck.

Edit: This was before the acquisition? Hmm ok, but they seem to be talking a lot of Xbox already here.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I don't understand how they expect these same numbers, when GamePass exists on both console and PC.

Like temper your expectations because Starfield's sales is gonna destroy any prediction they have had.

I think it sold ok, but not nearly as well as it would have if GP wasn't a thing. So either GP cannot sustain these predictions or they need to change their metrics altogether.

Where's the mention of how they expect GP subs to increase? Isn't that what they actually care about?

Top Bottom