• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slangs or catch phrases that make no sense

So are there any catch phrases that you know of that people use but they make no sense at all?
There's this one particular that I hear in my country. People have always used it.
I remember when you take a dump at someones house and you stink up the bathroom, poeple always say , man he took a dump like Hector.
Or when someone is bragging that he banged some girl last night, he would say, I banged her like Hector. Who the hell is Hector? And when you ask people who is Hector, they don't know. It's always, well you know, it's what people say.
There's more instances where people use this. What I don't understand is what the hell do we have to do with hector? Hector sounds like some spanish name or mexican and my country has nothing do do with those people.
What a weird catchphrase/ thing to say.

Mista

Banned
London slang, nothing beats it.

I’ll post a couple of words to make you lot guess and then I’ll edit them what they mean. No cheating you pricks

- Butters
- Chung
- Brap
- Dapper
- End/Ends
- Inner
- Jam
- Kotch
- Kretin
- Lush
- Treck

I can go on and on but thats enough for now. London fam stay out of it😂

MetalAlien

Banned
London slang, nothing beats it.

I’ll post a couple of words to make you lot guess and then I’ll edit them what they mean. No cheating you pricks

- Brap
giphy.gif

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Reminds me of when James Franco was trying to pick up that 17 year old on instagram and he texted her "what's your #?" and she didn't understand because # only means hashtag to her lol.
Practically everything phone related is outdated for modern cell phones- your phone doesn't really 'ring' anymore, you can't put it 'off the hook', you don't really 'place a call'.
TV as well - you don't really 'tune in' anymore, I am sure there are more vestiges of old technology in our modern language.

Last edited:
Top Bottom