• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper Elite is one of the best AA franchises and I need more.

I just got around to playing the second wave of DLC missions for Sniper Elite 5 and it just reminded me how much I love the series. I played V2 back on PS3 and then every other one as they came out, only one I haven't played is the original PS2 game and the new VR one. I've tapped out the other games and the quality of life improvements in 5 do make it a bit hard to go back to the other games. I've tried stuff like the newer Hitman games but it doesn't scratch the same itch, nothing like killing Nazis imo.

I hope we get an announcement for a SE6 this year, honestly they could just keep selling new levels for SE5 and I'd keep buying them. I would kinda like to see a western Germany in the Winter of 1944/45 setting so we get snow maps, or maybe an immediate post-WWII setting where Karl is hunting down escaped Nazis culminating in infiltrating New Swabia in Antarctica to destroy Die Glocke.

tumblr_oljch6ml0A1qjztgpo1_400.gif

Last edited:

Futaleufu

It's a great series. I'd still recommend the first pne that has no handholding at all but it can get brutally difficult at times.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I just got around to playing the second wave of DLC missions for Sniper Elite 5 and it just reminded me how much I love the series. I played V2 back on PS3 and then every other one as they came out, only one I haven't played is the original PS2 game and the new VR one. I've tapped out the other games and the quality of life improvements in 5 do make it a bit hard to go back to the other games. I've tried stuff like the newer Hitman games but it doesn't scratch the same itch, nothing like killing Nazis imo.

I hope we get an announcement for a SE6 this year, honestly they could just keep selling new levels for SE5 and I'd keep buying them. I would kinda like to see a western Germany in the Winter of 1944/45 setting so we get snow maps, or maybe an immediate post-WWII setting where Karl is hunting down escaped Nazis culminating in infiltrating New Swabia in Antarctica to destroy Die Glocke.

tumblr_oljch6ml0A1qjztgpo1_400.gif
I always took down Hitler no matter how hidden he was, shot him in the big toe and it was enough to complete the mission.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Series is fantastic. Still play 4 and 5 frequently. Was actually playing 5 a bit today.

5 has the super addicting invasion mode. The wave and multiplayer modes are also pretty good.

And then on top of that the games are co-op.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’ve always wanted to try the series, but never have. Even with them being on game pass. I’m really thinking about getting the Quest 2/3 version.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The Sniper Elite subreddit seems to think SE4 is better than SE5. I guess they made the switch to UE5 and stripped back some of the gadgets + level design?

ZehDon

Gold Member
Absolutely agreed. Discovered the series with Sniper Elite 4 on Game Pass, and it immediately became one of my favourites. Bought all the titles and their DLC, and played Sniper Elite 5 on Game Pass on day one. Cannot get enough. The Sniper Elite Zombie Army games aren't too bad either, but they scratch a different itch.

The mix of solid action, open-ended stealth, and tight gunplay is really solid and it's a lot of run to replay. Bring on SE6!

Iced Arcade

I love Sniper Elite but man Rebellion really don't know how to price games.

Sniper Elite 4 (2017) is still full price and the previous titles are not far off either.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I wish the games were actually more about emulating the sniper mission format (infiltrate, get into position for the perfect shot on the target, exfiltrate) rather than acting as a saboteur/espionage operative, but I imagine that would be more boring for most people so I understand the approach they've taken.

RickSanchez

Gold Member
Sniper Elite 5 is a combination of Splinter Cell & Hitman with a bit of Metal Gear Solid sprinkled in. Excellent for stealth fans who haven't been treated to a good AAA stealth game in years.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
You could try the Sniper Ghost Warrior series. It's first-person but I had a lot of fun with the last two games.

Still very rewarding gameplay and a big focus on stealth.

Ogbert

Great game.

Too expensive though and the pricing model is both off putting and simply not competitive in this day and age.

Could do with tighter gunplay too.

Ywap

Both Sniper Elite and the Zombie Army series are AAA with cherry on top for me. Such great games 🥰

Always been a consistent series. Very fun. Think I started with V2 and have played almost all of them except the last Zombie Army and Elite 5. I really enjoyed the co-op aspects of the V series. I'd play 5 if I had time and a buddy to go through it with.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I really like the series even though the sequels feel like map packs. I do hope that they expand on the creative ways of assassinating people. Those Hitman-like objectives (like poisoning the target or arranging an accident) were fun in SE5, but it wasn't very complex and there's definitely room for further improvement and better replayability.

Last edited:

Monokrom

I was a bit let down by SE5. I found it way easier than previous games. It was more action oriented.
I got the platinum in a few weeks. Which I'm yet to do with SE4. It's not crap but I'm not going back to play it or get the second seasonpass.
Maybe my expectations were too high.

Last edited:

Audiophile

Gold Member
I absolutely loved V2 on PS3. I then played 3 on PS4 and absolutely hated it, then I played 4 and quite enjoyed it, but it couldn't compare to V2; something about that game just felt completely on point.

I wasn't even aware 5 existed. Sold my PS5 for now, but I'll probs pick up V2 remastered & 5 later in the year when I re-enter the gaming space on the Pro. Can fill the gaps between DS2/GTAVI/Wolverine etc.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I love the invasion system in 5, after finishing the campaign I had too much fun unlocking everything for the invader sniper.

Won't lie I ended up bayonetting most players to death, I knew the objectives and maps and planned and waited.

I wish the regular multiplayer was as fun, there's just something missing with that game mode, like the maps just don't feel big enough for all the snipers. I feel it needed a sort of splinter cell agents vs mercs mode over sniper vs sniper, or it needs larger maps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom