• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So are Sony actually going to show anything during E3 ‘21 or what?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Not sure but one of those insiders on ResetEra today said they have a show arranged for "a couple more weeks".
No idea how accurate it is but she's apparently pretty good for info like this.

a fake news to buy time to excuse away on Sony having nothing to show.

That's the million dollar question.

Now that Ratchet is out, we don't know a release date for a single upcoming first or second party game on the PlayStation. For all we know, nothing is coming out this fall and our PS5's and PS4's are paperweights.

This smacks of prerelease PS3 hubris. I'm a big Sony fan but I hope Microsoft kicks their ass this fall to send a much needed wake up call to Jim Ryan.

kLSIhTv.gif

ArtHands

For sure. Within the next 4 weeks. We already know a bunch of stuff that will be featured:
  • GTA 5: E&E
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Forspoken
  • Death Stranding: Director's Cut
  • Call of Duty 2021
Then there is other old and new stuff that could be added:
  • TLOU Remake
  • TLOU 2 Factions
  • Horizon Story Trailer (+ release date?)
  • Spider-Man 2 teaser? (a bit too soon for that, but would fit the two-year timeline if they are aiming for H1 2023)
  • London Studios new IP?
  • PSVR 2 games? Or PSVR 2 reveal or teaser?
  • Firewalk IP reveal?
This does not include any surprises that we don't know about yet. I think they can have a very meaty show.

Damn we dreaming up fake games to pad list now

fatmarco

At the end of the Square Enix conference they showed only short glimpses of FF16 and Forspoken, so I imagine the next Sony event will have a focus on those titles plus maybe a look at God of War.

The fact they showed those small teases suggests that Sony's event will be sooner rather than later.

They’re too busy releasing actual games…you know, out in the open…for people to play and stuff. Don’t have as much time for fleeting spectacle shows.

And I love how they just canned E3, instead doing things at their own pace, when they want and how they want it. Beautiful. They are dominant force and have earned the right to be like that.

With that said, GT7 release date/frame would be nice.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
They’re too busy releasing actual games…you know, out in the open…for people to play and stuff. Don’t have as much time for fleeting spectacle shows.

And I love how they just canned E3, instead doing things at their own pace, when they want and how they want it. Beautiful. They are dominant force and have earned the right to be like that.

With that said, GT7 release date/frame would be nice.

Insert giant roll eyes here, this one's way too small for that post. 🙄

ArtHands

I don't know anything about the person who's regarded as an insider on the forum but the seem to have a good record of being right about this sort of thing. How is your record on inside information? Are you usually reliable?

Perfect record of not hyping up fake event to string the fans along.

Perfect record of not hyping up fake event to string the fans along.
Again, I'm not sure your telling the right person as I don't know about the insider or have any concerns about whether there will be a show or not. It was posted because it was relevant to the thread so it was posted as it should have been.
I can see from your post that you struggle with the language but if you are interested in that recogniser then you'd beetter off discussing it with them rather than somebody who keeps telling you that I know nothing about it.
Having read your posts, they puzzle me, why would you post what you did? It's not as if you've been able to offer any evidence to counter the insider and why, if you could, would you elect to do it in such a clumsy way that just makes you look like that?
I'm a happily married man with three young children and succesful business and even my very young children would be far more astute if they genuinely had a valid point that was worth making.

Sorry, I don't get why people think Sony has to do anything. They are in a very good spot right now, the PS5 is still sold out everywhere and there is no light at the end of the tunnel in sight. Additionally, they just released Ratchet and Clank to universal praise. So they can comfortably just observe what Microsoft is doing and depending on their show, plan their own show and decide what have to go in and what they can hold back for the future. Unfortunately I do not have the felling Microsoft did enough and their show was pretty standard, so my guess is that Sony will hold some things back again for the future when they need it.

So I can see Sony doing a show in a couple of weeks, but no one should expect that it will be one of the greats, because they will surely play it save, with the disappointing other conferences.

ArtHands

Again, I'm not sure your telling the right person as I don't know about the insider or have any concerns about whether there will be a show or not. It was posted because it was relevant to the thread so it was posted as it should have been.
I can see from your post that you struggle with the language but if you are interested in that recogniser then you'd beetter off discussing it with them rather than somebody who keeps telling you that I know nothing about it.
Having read your posts, they puzzle me, why would you post what you did? It's not as if you've been able to offer any evidence to counter the insider and why, if you could, would you elect to do it in such a clumsy way that just makes you look like that?
I'm a happily married man with three young children and succesful business and even my very young children would be far more astute if they genuinely had a valid point that was worth making.
Do consider not posting then, because it is likely not going to turn out true. Just like the string of previous fake rumors created to give Sony some breathing space. Fake rumors like RE Village having PSVR support, Silent Hill for PS5, new exclusive Final Fantasy announcing soon for PS5, Sony having a equivalent to fight against Game Pass etc

And yet, people wanted to see it.
If you're able to offer information that either backs up what the insider has said or counters what they have said then I imagine people in here would be very happy for you to share any new facts with them. If you don't then would it also not be better for you not to post in this thread then?
You've come into the thread and offered absolutely nothing to the discussion, you read the thread and decided to merely make a noise because you nothing else to contribute to the discussion.
Again, I have no idea what's going to be happening but because I have no facts I choose to wait and see rather than stomping my feet and hoping that people will take notivce of my noise. You've added nothing to teh conversation so do you feel that if you have nothing to offer that you also wait to see what happens? It matters not to me whether there will be a show in a few weeks or not but because I posted what others were grateful for you chose to quote me and involve me.

Shubh_C63

a fake news to buy time to excuse away on Sony having nothing to show.
If people are happy with the sizzle reel or cinematic trailers for MS games coming in 2022,
They are in for a rude awakening when the inevitable State of Play comes in a couple of weeks and its jam packed 1.5 hrs.

PS1,2,3,4 and counting, every generation and people still think Sony doesn't have a swarm of games to show when time comes.

THE DUCK

Free upgrade on PS5. It’s not like Psychonauts is a graphical prowess type game…Just an amazing platformer adventure game.

I can't seem to find confirmation of that.
Despite the art style being odd, I think the next gen version vs a raw xbox one or ps4 version will be significant based on the trailer.
And yes it looks amazing!

SkylineRKR

Sony is actually releasing games. Like since last week we got VF5, Rift Apart, Guilty Gear and Intergrade. Square obviously didn't show Forspoken, FFXVI at all for a reason. BluePoint must be working on something too and I expect the first Ragnarok footage this year. There is stuff coming up.

THE DUCK

Yay an XBOT! Fucking tool…

What are you like 2 years old? Try posting something that isn't just trolling and maybe you won't get that response. Saying things like "beautiful" to them having a release at thier own pace because they are "dominant" is so arrogant it's ridiculous. It was so dumb I actually thought it might be a joke post.

HYDE

Banned
What are you like 2 years old? Try posting something that isn't just trolling and maybe you won't get that response. Saying things like "beautiful" to them having a release at thier own pace because they are "dominant" is so arrogant it's ridiculous. It was so dumb I actually thought it might be a joke post.
who the fuck are you talking to?
jimcarrey.gif
Just fucking disappear… I’m doing everyone else a favor.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

4000 messages and a reaction score of 150? Wow I'd say your posts are super appreciated here.

TheAssist

Oh god please, not again. We've been through this "Sony needs to talk cycle" like 10 times the past year and a half. They will talk. Eventually. And then people will be hyped again. Then MS says something and people will start over again "Why isnt Sony responding? Jimbo needs to be fired asap!!!"

Just chill. They have enough games in development, just like MS. No one is going to starve for games. Not this year, not next year.

Zeroing

Banned
Sony has nothing. The games they've been releasing since launch don't count, and as always, our benevolent lords Microsoft have everything going for them.
Sony is dead!

/s
Pretty much it sums up narrative in neogaf in the past 2 months.

Kagey K

Banned
Sony has nothing. The games they've been releasing since launch don't count, and as always, our benevolent lords Microsoft have everything going for them.
Sony is dead!

/s
As an aside, the games MS released don't count, every Sony games is PS5 only and the best because of it.

Reality is Sony got a couple games off at the beginning of the year, ppl mocked MS, now they are going to start releasing games where Sony has none and it will probably end in a draw by Xmas.

DonJorginho

Banned
Not sure but one of those insiders on ResetEra today said they have a show arranged for "a couple more weeks".
No idea how accurate it is but she's apparently pretty good for info like this.
Very very reliable, got Death Stranding Director's Cut right when everyone said it was bullshit, got the Chaos Final Fantasy shit right as well as confirmation of cross gen titles like Sackboy and Miles.

I normally don't trust "insiders" on forums but that user is as reliable as you can get it seems (for now anyway)

Banjo64

cumsessed
Wait really. Is Xbox new gen exclusive games coming at only 60$ not 70 ?
I don’t know, but next gen games on the UK Xbox digital store are up for pre-order;
Flight Sim £59.99
Psychonauts 2 £54.99
Forza Horizon 5 £54.99

UK PSN prices are £69.99.

hemo memo

Gold Member
As an aside, the games MS released don't count, every Sony games is PS5 only and the best because of it.

Reality is Sony got a couple games off at the beginning of the year, ppl mocked MS, now they are going to start releasing games where Sony has none and it will probably end in a draw by Xmas.
Sony chaos is not new. It started before even the console launch and before covid so that’s not an excuse for them. The talented teams at Sony are what carrying the company. Sony in serious need of management change badly.

Kagey K

Banned
Sony chaos is not new. It started before even the console launch and before covid so that’s not an excuse for them. The talented teams at Sony are what carrying the company. Sony in serious need of management change badly.
I don't know if I would go that far, and I like the management there right now.

They are in the middle of growing the fruits they labored for. I want to see it out.

DonJorginho

Banned
I don’t know, but next gen games on the UK Xbox digital store are up for pre-order;
Flight Sim £59.99
Psychonauts 2 £54.99
Forza Horizon 5 £54.99

UK PSN prices are £69.99.
(EDIT: Flight Sim is not cross gen, my mistake!) All cross-gen titles (EDIT: aside from flight sim!) to be fair, Sony have fairly priced their crossgen titles in the same manner Xbox have these and Deathloop a PS5 timed console exclusive is £59.99 digitally.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
All cross-gen titles to be fair, Sony have fairly priced their crossgen titles in the same manner Xbox have these and Deathloop a PS5 timed console exclusive is £59.99 digitally.
I wasn’t sure if Flight Sim would be more as it’s not on Xbox One or if it’s just priced £5 higher because it’s a unique sim.

DonJorginho

Banned
I wasn’t sure if Flight Sim would be more as it’s not on Xbox One or if it’s just priced £5 higher because it’s a unique sim.
Oh shit it isn't cross gen? That's my bad, but yeah Xbox are pricing their games fairly, and that isn't even taking Gamepass into account.

Kagey K

Banned
All cross-gen titles to be fair, Sony have fairly priced their crossgen titles in the same manner Xbox have these and Deathloop a PS5 timed console exclusive is £59.99 digitally.
So why didn't they price thier other cross gen games accordingly?

They charged next gen prices on PS4 players.

DonJorginho

Banned
So why didn't they price thier other cross gen games accordingly?

They charged next gen prices on PS4 players.
No they didn't?

Miles was the same price, only more if you wanted Ultimate Edition which had an extra game included, Sackboy was the same price, Horizon will be the same price.

And all three titles have free upgrade paths, there has been no next gen charges for PS4 titles, not yet anyway.

Top Bottom