• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So are Sony actually going to show anything during E3 ‘21 or what?

Banjo64

cumsessed
Returnal is better than that entire line-up you just mentioned alone.

I’ve ignored a lot of shit responses in this thread, but this one is the funniest and most deluded by far! Well played.

Jennifer Lawrence Lol GIF

Horizon 2 isn't looking likely is it? Multiplatform is irrelevant.

There's a good chance it's this year - source:

"We have just successfully completed our beta milestone, which is pretty far along," said De Jonge. "We're now in the final stages of development. So we are polishing the game and fixing bugs. We are also wrapping up certain aspects of the game, like some of the machines being behind schedule - because it takes an enormous amount of time to build them. We're working on the final cinematic. So, we're really wrapping up. There's still a lot to do with a game of this size and magnitude, but we're in the final stages."​

Last edited:

Excess

Maybe I'm projecting, I don't know. Outside of Mario Kart I don't see crazy sales for racing games.

But I never looked it up, could be way off.
Certain racing games are actually console-sellers for a lot of people who are car enthusiasts, and that crowd alone is massive.

I had friends back in the day who decided to go with Xbox One, even though they wanted a PS4, simply because of Forza.

iHaunter

Certain racing games are actually console-sellers for a lot of people who are car enthusiasts, and that crowd alone is massive.

I had friends back in the day who decided to go with Xbox One, even though they wanted a PS4, simply because of Forza.
Interesting, I might consider GT7 if I get a nice racing wheel. Sad as it is, I have not played/finished a racing game since Need for Speed II. lol

John Wick

As good as Returnal and Ratchet are, Horizon has to drop this year. Flight Simulator, Psychonauts 2, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo is a quality and varied line up.
This is starting to be a familiar situation when Sony didn't reveal anything and people were begging for any sort of information. Sony played it smart by showing H2FW first thus taking all the limelight. They will wait and in a few weeks will drop some bombs on a quiet week. There is no rush let Xbox have it's moment.

Alebrije

Good guy Sony not attended E3 in order to give a chance to Microsofts stop its agony of lack of games...saddly most of MS games will be for 2022 when Sony's big titles will dominate again.

Last edited:

JaksGhost

Sony is not the one that needs or has to catchup when it comes to releasing games. This shit is getting weird. People bring up Psychonauts 2 but that’s releasing on PlayStation as well. In that instance let’s add Deathloop to PS’s upcoming line up along with Kena. Now you have August and September releases covered.

Smoke6

Patience Grasshopper. I dont think Sony has the Balls Xbox did to release nothing for half a year.

But maybe they think Kena, Little Devil Inside, Horizon2, and Death Loop are enough.
Should be then we get flooded with games next year. Just how people assumed they wouldn’t release two high profile games back to back as one would be sent to die! We see how well that turned out and they did too.

I think sony will drop a game or two every 3-4 months as there are way too many games stacked due to Covid to release end of next year to 2023

Nubulax

Sony is not the one that needs or has to catchup when it comes to releasing games. This shit is getting weird. People bring up Psychonauts 2 but that’s releasing on PlayStation as well. In that instance let’s add Deathloop to PS’s upcoming line up along with Kena. Now you have August and September releases covered.
Medium PS5 coming out in the Fall on 9/3 too XD

Last edited:

NewChoppa

Banned
Maybe I'm projecting, I don't know. Outside of Mario Kart I don't see crazy sales for racing games.

But I never looked it up, could be way off.

Forza Horizon is pretty successful, and Gran Turismo has historically been a system seller for Playstation hardware, so…

There's a good chance it's this year - source:

"We have just successfully completed our beta milestone, which is pretty far along," said De Jonge. "We're now in the final stages of development. So we are polishing the game and fixing bugs. We are also wrapping up certain aspects of the game, like some of the machines being behind schedule - because it takes an enormous amount of time to build them. We're working on the final cinematic. So, we're really wrapping up. There's still a lot to do with a game of this size and magnitude, but we're in the final stages."​

End of this year or early next year is my guess based off that.

Top Bottom