• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So there’s a Nazi next door right now.....

We seriously have people trying to "gotcha" OP for not not going against armed nazis?

I mean, for real, what the fuck is even this? Talk about tough but I doubt they would actually admit what they defend.

What's up with jerks in this thread going "lol but you won't punch him buncha GAF hypocrites"
Y'all dumb as hell. Who advocates punching a next door neighbor in a secluded rural area? That's a recipe for disaster.

Stay safe OP. Nazi or not, the main priority right now is you and your GF's safety. Just don't associate with the guy. Where you live right now is not a good place at all for a confrontation.

I'm hoping that nothing will come of this and I'm just overreacting. Just be safe.

With thread after thread glorifying punching Nazis I can't imagine a gaffer would chicken out when faced with the very real possibility of punching a Nazi in the face.
Woah woah woah, we don't punch nazis ourselves. Much easier to encourage other people.

Bandit1

Dang OP, I live in a rural area of a red state and I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing Nazi apparel in my life. I'm sorry that this stuff is going on around you. Stay safe.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Sure, you could punch them or let them affect your life to the point that you actually move, or you could just ignore it and continue the apparently pleasant relationship you have with them so far. Just make sure that fire isn't inching closer to your house every night.

Ignore

Nazis

Wat

Literally the plot of Get Out...

Though it sounds like they got the weird cousin over or something.
It's a very real possibility that this was a family gathering or something and they have a Nazi loving family member or something. Especially if they are already redneck, then they probably have a redneck family. Redneck families are more likely to have white supremacists I'd imagine.

Now I'm not saying it's nothing, because your neighbors certainly could be Nazis, but I would wait for a bit more evidence first.

In the mean time just stay vigilant and don't get into any confrontations.

Don't bring people who will be obvious targets of their hate around your residence.

This here, actually is also great advice; Especially If these neighbours get drunk and do drugs, shit can go South really quick with just one wrong encounter.

It sucks to even think that you cannot bring over your multicultural friends and have late night parties yourself, but, yeah just be vigilant and aware of your surroundings.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
How are some people so stupid as to think that supporting another person's action must mean that you must, at all times, be willing to do that same action yourself?

Like... how does your brain even function that you'd come up with this shit? lol

Now I can imagine "You support same-sex marriage, but you're too chicken to marry your own sex, GOTCHA HYPOCRITE"

Cutebrute

You know OP, there are a lot of things you can do with a hatchet and a Nazi.

But really, lay low, maybe buy a gun for protection, and get out asap. You cant do anything to notice them or to claim a moral victory without putting yourself and your loved one in danger. Stay safe and try to get out fast.

Are some of y'all serious?! Me being a 5'1" Hmong American dude won't fuck with a Nazi who is taller and more imposing than me most of the time. If you believe I'm going to punch a Nazi out, pftttttt. I'll try and fuck one up if I have backup but I know I ain't got much of a advantage against somebody bigger than me.

Come on GAF.... You should know better......

To the OP..... Try and move bruh. It's hard out here for people like us, but do what you can. Fuck these Nazi ass fuckboys. You know they outnumber you and with guns, there is no reason to fuck with them. Do some stealthy ass ninja shit, lol.

norinrad

Op, time to lay low and get the hell out especially if you have a foreign sounding last name. That could get you into trouble if they start googling around.

Some of these people knew exactly who the troublemakers from Germany were and are ok glorifying all the did.

t0va

City kid all my life... you're seriously gonna tell me there weren't 4 or 5 idiots around during school days idolizing and misinterpretating American History X, Romper Stomper, Made in Britain and those kinds of movies, no? Bragging about memorizing Rammstein lyrics and shit.

My school and group of friends were highly diverse. Watching those films many times over the premise was never lost on us kids of many colors. While misguided individuals no doubt existed, the guaranteed asswhooping and subsequent shaming from openly associating with senseless hate meant that you never ran into these types of people. Thank goodness.

I'm in Canada so nope. Only swatiska I saw on clothing was the patch on punks' clothing with the little icon throwing the swatiska in the trash.

I love Rammstein though. I haven't looked into it but because they're modern Germans I bet they're totally anti-Nazi?

Rammstein definitely are not Nazis, they have plenty of tracks criticising but I will not be surprised if there are idiots out there that don't understand German and just think Rammstein sounds bad ass because they also sing in German so they glorify it to support their Nazi views without understanding that they're at most a far-left band.

In the 90s and early 2000s Rammstein received a lot of unwarranted controversy because of school shootings around the world in Europe and the U.S, the most well known is of course the Columbine shooting.

It was always discovered that many of these teenagers listened to Rammstein but it was because they were incredibly popular band at the time and like a lot of harder rock or metal they are outlets for rebellion and anger, but nothing about their music was about killing, nazism, or anything like that and it was very easy to use as a scapegoat because they sang in German, sounded harsh, and most did not understand what was being said. Hard rock/metal and hip-hop/rap have always been prime targets for blame, Rammstein got caught up in a lot of it at those times.

The band also a long time ago said if people want to label their political beliefs then they should label them as left.

One of their anti-fascist tracks is called "Links 2 3 4" which means "Left 2 3 4". The song is about peoples (and the band's) hearts beat on the left, not the right.

http://affenknecht.com/lyrics/rammstein-links-234-lyric-with-english-translation/ (the english translation is not 100% correct but it retains the same meaning, difficult to translate 1:1 structure in music (much like a poem))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph-CA_tu5KA

Rammstein members grew up in DDR (East Germany), and some have nostalgia for it, one of the members is effectively far-left, and you will find that there are some tracks that are anti-U.S with their lyrical content which coincides with the far-left anti-U.S movements in Germany and Europe as well. At most Rammstein fringes on far-left at times, definitely not Nazi.

That song above represents that, it's based on "Einheitsfrontlied" that was used in communist movements in 1930s in Germany and in the video you can see communism symbolism (hammers arbeitermacht (workers' power).

daveo42

Banned
Is it weird that if I were you in your position the first thing I'd do is to go out and buy a gun? if I didn't already have one?

This is actually sound advice. I'd worry what could happen out in the sticks if they found out you were Dominican.

As for outing them, I'd wait till you were on your way out of the area before doing that. It sucks, but being that far removed from the nearest decent-sized town, it would be easy for them to figure out you outted them as Nazis and then face retaliation. It sucks, but you and your gf gotta stay safe.

Nicolada

Ignore

Nazis

Wat
I mean, yeah, they're scummy, but if there's never been any problems so far with these specific people then why would they suddenly come up unless you press the issue? Not saying you have to be making friend with them, but it seems pointless to let them get to you. Better to be placid than panicked imo.

Weckum

City kid all my life... you're seriously gonna tell me there weren't 4 or 5 idiots around during school days idolizing and misinterpretating American History X, Romper Stomper, Made in Britain and those kinds of movies, no? Bragging about memorizing Rammstein lyrics and shit.

Funny, because Rammstein is absolutely not nazi. They're German, sure, but if anyone thinks they're nazis, these people are absolute idiots.

Most Rammstein songs are about sex, gay sex, BDSM, more sex, and sometimes even sex.

But they also have other songs that basically go against anything nazi.

Just because they're German and they have this particular sound doens't mean shit.

By the way, sorry to hear that, OP. Fuck nazis.

Top Bottom