• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what other open world games have I been missing out on?

Drizzlehell

Banned
Because it's not a sandbox game and was never supposed to be. It's a narrative driven RPG. The city exists to provide extra immersion in between quests, and to offer wide variety of locations for quests to take place in.

As far as I am concerned, it is still much more interesting game than any sandbox GTA. I don't need tennis and bowling minigames when I have interesting well written quests and branching story.
bianca-del.gif

Because I remember pretty vividly that it was advertised as a futuristic GTA.

But you're only proving my point here anyway. It's only immersive for as long as you don't try and poke it with a stick because if you do, it quickly becomes obvious that the scenery is made of cardboard and the people around you act less believably than a bunch of Lemmings.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Read what I wrote about the combat. And add to it the fact that there are literally no other activities in the game other than this boring ass combat.

At least games like Shadow of War feel like an actual sandbox where anything can happen when you wander around the map and get into fights, and the nemesis system is a great way to keep the Orc slaughter from getting stale as well.

Imagine saying Shadow Of War is a sandbox game/better game than cp2077. Alright, well good luck with your npc tastes.

Chronicle

Hmm, that does look like a very hardcore-like RPG but the premise sound very interesting. Am seeing this right? It's like an medieval RPG but more like a historical one, without any fantasy elements? Because if so then hell yeah, I'm sold.
Yeah. Historical and no magic. It can be tough. Myself? I loved it. Heck I'd smoke a bowl and then just go pick digital flowers. Peaceful. Enjoy (to others reading as well).

Drizzlehell

Banned
Arguably the best open world. The game has its setbacks, but the open world itself is in a league of its own.

These videos are just a fraction of the insane amount of detail in this games to open world.

I always tell myself that I'm gonna go back to this game and play some of the post-story open world content but I never do, lol. I mean, after the main storyline was done, there was such a finality to it that I could never find the motivation to continue playing it, and I bet that it would be pretty fun because I heard it's like one of the best things about this game and a complete opposite of very linear story missions.

Top Bottom