• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So you guys remember Ethan Suplee from My Name is Earl?

Ironbunny

He is this guy. The goofy overweight sidekick etc. typecast.

stole-a-badge-episode-22-pictured-ethan-suplee-as-randy-hickey-photo-picture-id141027292

df2ef0f8bcf67978f4b6e4faddec60db

Well it seems he really got his shit together.

mh-train-like-suplee-1580405441.jpg

24e46e4710af4e92a503002cb62e1ec7_md.jpg

ethan-suplee.jpg

This kind of self-discipline is so inspiring.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
That’s the same guy? Holy shit! More proof that people who say, “but I workout and eat right but I’m still fat” are just lazy.

Good for him, hopes he gets some more work.

I liked him best in Mallrats.

“it’s not a schooner, it’s a sailboat you dumb bastard”

“a schooner is a sailboat”

GymWolf

i lost like 45 kg in 3-4 months when i was 20
gym, a lot of cardio work, some good thermogenic supplements combo and high proteic low carb\calories diet do that, i know the feeling ethan.

he was also in the serial "chance" with dr house actor, he was fucking terryfying in that serial, like from the first episode...

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
not really

you either get up and work hard or you don't

cum chump
Well - what if you don't have millions of dollars and have to get up at the crack of dawn to go work a job for 10-12 hours a day to support your family? What if that job requires you to be sitting / sedate the majority of the day? What if you get 3-4 hours of solid exercise on the weekends, but you'll never see gains like this guy because your lifestyle doesn't really support it. Sure, you could get up at 4am and squeeze in a workout here or there, to the detriment of your sleep schedule - or work out when you return from the office exhausted. The stress of every day life piles on and is difficult to get out from under it, making it even more difficult to get motivated.

Come on man, if I had millions of dollars I wouldn't have to worry about being put through the ringer all the time so that my family has a roof over their heads and food on the table - I'd be free to work out as much as I wanted to, which is a whole lot more than I'm currently able to.

I know I'll get hit with the "you're just making excuses" shtick like always, but sometimes you've gotta face reality man.

Tesseract

Banned
Well - what if you don't have millions of dollars and have to get up at the crack of dawn to go work a job for 10-12 hours a day to support your family? What if that job requires you to be sitting / sedate the majority of the day? What if you get 3-4 hours of solid exercise on the weekends, but you'll never see gains like this guy because your lifestyle doesn't really support it. Sure, you could get up at 4am and squeeze in a workout here or there, to the detriment of your sleep schedule - or work out when you return from the office exhausted. The stress of every day life piles on and is difficult to get out from under it, making it even more difficult to get motivated.

Come on man, if I had millions of dollars I wouldn't have to worry about being put through the ringer all the time so that my family has a roof over their heads and food on the table - I'd be free to work out as much as I wanted to, which is a whole lot more than I'm currently able to.

I know I'll get hit with the "you're just making excuses" shtick like always, but sometimes you've gotta face reality man.

you do have to face reality, you either work hard or you don't

get up earlier, exercise when you return home, all the things you mentioned

and laff at being exhausted from office work, my brother works like 18 hours a day on his feet and still works out

and if we're just talking weight loss here, all you gotta do is eat less (and better foods)

simple

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
you do have to face reality, you either work hard or you don't

get up earlier, exercise when you return home, all the things you mentioned

and laff at being exhausted from office work, my brother works like 18 hours a day on his feet and still works out

and if we're just talking weight loss here, all you gotta do is eat less (and better foods)

simple
I just choose to put my efforts into other things. Having millions of dollars would help shift my priorities pretty considerably, that's all I'm sayin'.

GV82

Funny enough was going to post this earlier was watching My Name is Earl on TV today hadn’t seen it in ages and it was the Bullies episode with the Gym & Randy gets hooked on Shark Adrenaline 🤣

Lo and behold looking up Ethan Suplee and see he is now built like the Gym Guys from the episode.

Oh shit it's the fat skin head from American History X. I figured he'd be dead due to complications from diabetes by now.

Who would've thought he'd be in much better shape than Eddy Furlong.

Blade2.0

tell me how his life of millions for all the years he's been in hollywood kept him thin

oops
I said it helps.

maybe spend less time telling us what you cannot do, and more time on what you can

https://media3.giphy.com/media/KanqCs2oHuzKYCXSXo/giphy.gif[iMG]

[/QUOTE] he was telling you what he can do. If your brother really works 18 hours a day. Then I hope he gets off it soon. He'll probably be dead quickly.

Last edited:

Ironbunny

I said it helps.

Yes it certainly helps and everybody has different life situations and people who depend on you. For some it is easier than others and for some down right impossible. But even for those people there is always the diet. Change that and even a minor effect can have long lasting effects. What it boils down to for most of us is to have the will and discipline to want that change.

Son Tofu

Banned
Being thin isn't that hard. Looking like the guy from My name is Earl is a bit more difficult.

I dropped 80 lbs in 6 months by just fasting every other day.

Saruhashi

Banned

It really depends on what you are aiming for.
I suppose it also depends on why you are doing it.

If someone is just aiming to lose weight then it should be possible just by adjustments to diet.
Though a lot of times these changes will make your weekly/monthly food spend a bit more expensive.
Especially if you are looking to have a very specialized diet.

With working out you are 100% correct in that the more "success" you want to see the more time, effort and money you are going to have to put in.
The more you've got going on elsewhere in life the more difficult that will be.

Top Bottom