• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some more PGR3 infos from August OXM(GOTY!!)

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Some tidbits I find intresting:

Aston Martin and Mercedes Benz are in the game....gives us good hope for McLaren SLR and Vanquish S

The Ferrari Enzo is in the game too!!!

When you're racing, X360 automatically keeps a record of your achievements, moves which can be captured as a screenshot...

On sound:

One notable feature of high-performance cars-their engines are loud. Basically, one small sound studio turns into an ear-busting pit lane when the 5.1 surround speakers are cranked and the engines of the in-game cars are revved to the redline. "We recorded the engine, exhaust, and induction system all independently" lead audio designer Nick Wiswell told us. "And if a car has a twin exhaust, we recorde both separately rather than having just one in the middle"

Race Creator

Courtesy of the race creator, you won't be limited to just racing the 13 or 14 set routes in each of the five locations. With every route reversible, that makes upwards of 70 available tracks, a number that can be enhanced into the gajillions (or thereabouts) by placing start and finish points where you choose, and then picking the parts of the course you want to race on.

A quick point-and-click system manages the whole process, and lets you create your own routes through the realistically modled city streets. These routes can then be uploaded and shared with your buddies on Xbox Live.

Five Principles of PGR3 Design

Bizzare Creations has boiled down the key principles of its design philosopy for this new game into five convenient sections.

1)Gotam Racing is a real sport with real champions. In its realistic cities you'll compete in realistic vehicles, complete with working dashboard and interiors, against real players on worldwide leaderboards that in turn generate real champion racers.

2)Play how you want. Get to the good stuff right out of the gate, and then play it any way you want; any car on any track; any game mode-time trials, battling for style points, Red vs Blue, etc.-you want;on a track of your own creation if you choose to use the route creator.

3)Earn Kudos. The game will rate your accuracy and technical ability every step of the way=rating that can turn into Badges of Honor. These marks or achievement could becom big news in the PGR3 world, earning you a spot on the highlight reel, and opening opportunities to compete for big championship trophies where hundreds of spectatators could be watching and adding to your online legend.

4) Gotham TV. At the heart of building the real sport and respect is this incredible method for delivering the news of the PGR3 world to the player base. You'll be able to watch live feed of certain races wth camera angles bringing TV-style presentation to your viewing. Pull off special moves or get top-ranked, and your day's exploits could be top news on the ticker that runs along the screen.

5) Life begins at 170. What do you need to know? Ferrari, McLaren, Aston Martin, Mercedes, and tons of other major speed-merchant manufacturers have licensed their exotics so you're pitting the fastest in the world against each other with your skills as the defining key element.

I was excited enough about PGR3 but it seems MS/Bizzare are really bring some new stuff to the console racing/driving game segment.....so much so, that I am considering paying money for Xbox Live for the first, just for PGR3...

My GOTY so far:D

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Yeah, I know blimblim made a thread about PGR3 in OXM but I took the time to transcribe parts of the article....

golem

i cant wait to annoy my neighbors in 5.1.. as if my real exhaust wasnt loud enough, now they can hear revving all day (although those late night forza sessions must have been somewhat irritating)!

This sounds really damn cool. The race editor sounds nice but strangely I like the Gotham TV mode. Am I assuming it records the best races off live and broadcasts them each day like an ESPN highlight reel for the world to watch? Because I hope more games get spectator modes next gen because its fun watching sometimes.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Is this confirmed for launch? I HAVE to get 360 at launch then!

I hope the Ferrari FXX makes it in. It's a super charged Enzo Ferrari

EDIT: Whoo, McLarens are in! :D

HokieJoe

One notable feature of high-performance cars-their engines are loud. Basically, one small sound studio turns into an ear-busting pit lane when the 5.1 surround speakers are cranked and the engines of the in-game cars are revved to the redline. "We recorded the engine, exhaust, and induction system all independently" lead audio designer Nick Wiswell told us. "And if a car has a twin exhaust, we recorde both separately rather than having just one in the middle"

This is so freaking cool.

shpankey

not an idiot
the sound in this game is infuckingsane!

Gek, it was in a recent interview... they are shooting for 60fps... but who knows where it will end up. i think they learned their lesson about 30fps tho... less we need to ridicule them more. ::evil grin:: :D

Top Bottom