• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some New? Jak III Screens

olimario

Banned
2379520040615_003318_0_big.jpg
2379520040615_003319_3_big.jpg
2379520040615_003319_2_big.jpg
2379520040615_003319_1_big.jpg

arter_2

why?? dont u think this is an over kill in the series i say take a break for like two years its like tony hawk.

arter_2 said:
why?? dont u think this is an over kill in the series i say take a break for like two years its like tony hawk.

If you aren't interested in it why not just skip this version and wait for the next Jak? That way you get your every other year release, and the ones that don't mind a yearly release get this.

LakeEarth

Graphics seem smoother... but do we really need ANOTHER one of these in the same generation? Shouldn't Naughty Dog try a different license?

Socreges

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
If you aren't interested in it why not just skip this version and wait for the next Jak? That way you get your every other year release, and the ones that don't mind a yearly release get this.
I think the idea behind his post would be that they could work on something else. Their break, rather than his.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
LakeEarth said:
Graphics seem smoother... but do we really need ANOTHER one of these in the same generation? Shouldn't Naughty Dog try a different license?

This is the last Jak game, they will do another license next.

Socreges said:
I think the idea behind his post would be that they could work on something else. Their break, rather than his.

This is how ND works though. 3 games of the same series in a generation, then switch to a different one. If they go in the same way as they did with Crash their next game will be a kart racer so we might finnaly get that online Sony kart racer that's been rumored for awhile.

Socreges

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
This is how ND works though. 3 games of the same series in a generation, then switch to a different one. If they go in the same way as they did with Crash their next game will be a kart racer so we might finnaly get that online Sony kart racer that's been rumored for awhile.
I don't care how ND works. That wasn't your argument. But regarding that, how is he supposed to "wait for the next Jak" when just three games in each series is supposedly "how ND works".

Socreges said:
I don't care how ND works. That wasn't your argument. But regarding that, how is he supposed to "wait for the next Jak" when just three games in each series is supposedly "how ND works".

You wait for the next Jak because Sony will probably give it to someone else to develop. So you can still get your Jak fix if you want it.

Socreges

Banned
Oy, give it up. Not only is that not a given at all, but a Jak fan wouldn't necessarily enjoy the series in the hands of a lesser developer. So casually telling him to quit complaining and just wait for the installment from Traveller's Tales or someone equally as mediocre doesn't quite add up.

Well you don't even know if your argument was his. If you've been into previous Jak threads you know there have been countless people complaining about Jak and Ratchet getting 3 sequels the way they have. Not about ND quitting Jak to make other properties.

There were three Super Mario Bros on the NES, and 6! Mega Mans. I haven't played any Jak games, but its possible for a series to remain entertaining. Those complaining probably don't enjoy the series to begin with.

Socreges

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Well you don't even know if your argument was his. If you've been into previous Jak fans you know there have been countless people complaining about Jak and Ratchet getting 3 sequels the way they have. Not about ND quitting Jak to make other properties.
I know that's the case, but that has no relevance in this conversation. I am addressing what YOU are saying in reply and it's just really inconsistent.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Li Mu Bai said:
This looks to be the very same engine as Jak II. Given only a year seperating the two, is it?
Yes, with some additions. The outdoor terrain engine for the desert area, cloth physics for characters and physics routines associated with the ground vehicles, among other things.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hopefully they can smooth out the framerate this time...

Jak 2 ran at 60 fps during most missions, but the city had a lot of screen tearing and dropped frames (almost all the time).

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yes, with some additions. The outdoor terrain engine for the desert area, cloth physics for characters and physics routines associated with the ground vehicles, among other things.
Ragdoll physics on characters is apparently there as well, and so is some kind of bumpmapping on sand in the desert. The also seem to have better explosions this time around (as evident in the destruction of the city tower) but that might be just better artwork. Largely, it's the same engine as the second game.

As long as the gameplay rocks, you all can go to hell. Every Jak game got a 90 rating, so what's your problem?? If you don`t like it, don't play it. Simpy as that.
If they can keep their great work (Naughty Dog), they can release a a Jak game EVERY MONTH, imo!! Awesome game, awesome engine, awesome story, awesome developer.

So, as I said: If you don't like it, don't play it and STFU!
Thank you

I just find it odd that ND decided to make the game more like Ratchet and Clank for the second and third installments. I wouldv'e been fine if they kept it more like the first, but I guess they decided to mature the series outright. As long as it doesn't suck, I'm fine with it.

And by the way the pictures go, the game won't suck.

Top Bottom