• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something wild is going on, and ive tried to contact the moderation team....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spider man 2 will absolutely over take it. It would be a disaster if it didn't, but there is no way of that not happening due to the strength of the games quality, the brand and the install base.

So it will probably end up number 9 or just slipping out of the top 10 if it's lucky.

Fifa, cod and spider man are all going to chart higher.

Thanks for responding. Can you actually post what I put please because I can't remember using the word destroys. I admit 100% that if I wrote that in a way your post implies that it would be bad. I need to see the context.

I honestly thought I just said it looks leagues ahead. In what context did I write destroys. Did I actually write it destroys gt7? That is extreme and I apologise if that's what I put.

Feel free to post the full thing.

Seriously, I appreciate you responding. I'm a big fan of this site.

I have received warnings and I have tried to improve my posting to be a better contributer.

I promise you I have not done this as a soap box, I made posts to the contact page very early on to discuss things and to improve my posts but I have never received a response.

I guess I used the word "destroys" in that Forza destroys GT7 in that video and not looks "leagues ahead"??

Like I said, more than happy for the post to be shared in this now live thread.

I apologise for using the word leagues ahead, or maybe in using destroyed but legit can't remember saying it. I didnt even get chance to reread my post. It was gone within 30- 50 seconds.
Wow. Making a drama thread where you clearly omitted the facts to cry the classic persecution strat is one thing, but to then grovel like a lil bitch is next level comedy. This is after you had a near psychotic breakdown over steam reviews on starfield 🤣.

Now you back track and post all this weird groveling stuff? You used the word destroys, get over it. Don't apologise like a little bitch over one word.
Everyone knows your rep, including the mods judging by EL's post l.. you even PM mods? You none stop war but PM mods privately over stuff you don't like? 🤣

How old are you bro.

Edit. And no this isn't a personal attack. This is you being called out for not reading a room and using some perspective. You're on a forum complaining about one post being deleted. Which you lied about too.

Last edited:

marjo

I was given a warning with the message "Drop the persecution complex and childish warring" because I said: "If Nintendo released LittleBigPlanet people would say it's the most innovative game ever."

I found the claim that I have a persecution complex to be offensive. It's gross that whoever gives out warnings/bans is hidden and that mod is awful for saying that to me and running.

I don't disagree with you, but it's important to remember that mods are just human and, like all of us, are bound to screw up once in a while. It certainly can't be an easy job dealing with all the crap they have to on a regular basis.

GHG

Gold Member
These are the kind of attacks that we see posters do on here, and even reported nothing happens. Its fucking Wack man. Have some decency for other people.

You can't say that you think a game looks better than another from one video that you have no idea who the video is from, but you can insult people, call them warriors, shills etc slander users and thats fine.

Are you seriously trying to play the victim after bringing this attention upon yourself?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Wow. Making a drama thread where you clearly omitted the facts to cry the classic persecution strat is one thing, but to then grovel like a lil bitch is next level comedy. This is after you had a near psychotic breakdown over steam reviews on starfield 🤣.

Now you back track and post all this weird groveling stuff? You used the word destroys, get over it. Don't apologise like a little bitch over one word.
Everyone knows your rep, including the mods judging by EL's post l.. you even PM mods? You none stop war but PM mods privately over stuff you don't like? 🤣

How old are you bro.

Edit. And no this isn't a personal attack. This is you being called out for not reading a room and using some perspective. You're on a forum complaining about one post being deleted. Which you lied about too.

I just wanted to see the post. I typed it on my phone. It was deleted in like 30 seconds. I thought I used leagues ahead. Surely, the mods can just post it?

Topher

Gold Member
These are the kind of attacks that we see posters do on here, and even reported nothing happens. Its fucking Wack man. Have some decency for other people.

You can't say that you think a game looks better than another from one video that you have no idea who the video is from, but you can insult people, call them warriors, shills etc slander users and thats fine.

plz-stop-post.jpg

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
One time EviLore EviLore broke into my house and ate all of the string cheese from my fridge. And even then I didn't start a thread. I just did what everyone else does and started leaving string cheese outside as a gift.

It's a small price to pay.

MarkMe2525

I was given a warning with the message "Drop the persecution complex and childish warring" because I said: "If Nintendo released LittleBigPlanet people would say it's the most innovative game ever."

I found the claim that I have a persecution complex to be offensive. It's gross that whoever gives out warnings/bans is hidden and that mod is an asshole for saying that to me and running.
In one of the 2,324 Phil threads I dropped a post that in total said "ya'll are obsessed" to then have it deleted with a little message...

"If you are going to attack the community and ignore the same thing happens to other execs or big industry names, then you need to get some introspection and take those false persectuion blinders off."

Like gtfoh with that. Attack the community? It was laughable. I called it out by questioning the logic that I somehow crossed the line to be quickly slapped with a warning.

I'm sure the powers at be will have a field day on this thread. It's crazy that I fear (for the lack of a better word) a ban for even talking about this.

Edit: I almost forgot, demigod demigod here is one for you.

Last edited:

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
I’ve noticed the same thing in various threads. Instantly deleted and thread banned for sarcastic posts way less hostile or warrior-esque than plenty of others. But it doesn’t really bother me, this forum is what it is. You just accept it and move on 👍

I don't disagree with you, but it's important to remember that mods are just human and, like all of us, are bound to screw up once in a while. It certainly can't be an easy job dealing with all the crap they have to on a regular basis.

I disagree completely. These are not private messages, they're open for everyone to see. Anyone who read that post will see that the mod is claiming I have a persecution complex and think "this user must have a history of such behavior for such a claim to be made". If they're going to give out warnings/bans for no reason, then they should at least make the comment message something that isn't a lie or offensive

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I never received a warning or ban that I thought was justified and most of them were downright frivolous and biased. And don't even get me started on threads getting locked without so much as a reason provided, as if one of the mods just thought it would be funny to lock a thread that I spent so much time writing. Which, I mean, I guess it is but that doesn't make them any less of a dick.

As I said last time, the community here is mostly pretty great and I appreciate that people around here care to discuss video game related topics. But at the same time this has to be one of the worst and most schizophrenic moderation teams I ever experienced in all those years of posting on the internet.

Last edited:
I just wanted to see the post. I typed it on my phone. It was deleted in like 30 seconds. I thought I used leagues ahead. Surely, the mods can just post it?
But who cares what words you used or even if you are 100% in the right. It's one post..move on.

A post of mine got deleted last week, and I got infraction points for the most begin shit. Guess what, I struggled my shoulders and moved on. Why? Because it's an game forum.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You've had 12 prior warnings, bruv

Surely you can see how you would be moderated a little more closely.

I totally get it, hence why I reached out. I enjoy the community and wanted to better my posting and also try to explain that I want to improve. I had hoped that prior posts that the moderation had seen issue with would not completely tarnish my entire time here. I am someone who looks to better themselves, thats why I reached out to them. I only made this post because I have messaged multiple times and never had a response. This isn't a case of they engaged and then stopped, there was never a conversation. So, I made the thread to express my frustration at that but also to try and escalate this where someone would reach out.

The man EviLore EviLore has laid the law down and that's that. But, with very little context or the original post. I respect the dude, and his posts here...I obviously respect him for making this community. I just wanted to see the whole post that was deleted and to discuss what I need to to do to improve my contributions here, what makes mine out of line compared to others, etc?. I made it on my phone when travelling home. I even went to edit it and it was gone before I could even edit it. When the message is deleted with the comment from moderation something like "your not clever, fanboy" It was triggering. I sent a message straight away to contact us saying I felt someone had a vendetta against me and so I made the thread. Thats the facts from my side.

Last edited:
Look, it's just not something someone should be silenced for. Not to turn it into a whataboutism, but people were not getting thread banned for saying Starfield was no better than a PS3 game. I absolutely think that is far fetched, yet it's allowed on this forum. There are countless opinions that some would consider disingenuous, or bad takes. Where is that line in the sand drawn, because right now it's a crap shoot.

Edit: I'm happy to have demigod demigod show up to drop his "lol" emoji on my posts. It helps me gauge if I'm getting my point across. Keep up the good work
I laughed, but that was because of your edit.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I totally get it, hence why I reached out. I enjoy the community and wanted to better my posting and also try to explain that I want to improve. I had hoped that prior posts that the moderation had seen issue with would not completely tarnish my entire time here. I am someone who looks to better themselves, thats why I reached out to them. I only made this post because I have messaged multiple times and never had a response. This isn't a case of they engaged and then stopped, there was never a conversation. So, I made the thread to express my frustration at that but also to try and escalate this where someone would reach out.

The man EviLore EviLore has laid the law down and that's that. But, with very little context or the original post. I respect the dude, and his posts here...I obviously respect him for making this community. I just wanted to see the whole post that was deleted and to discuss what I need to to do to improve my contributions here, what makes mine out of line compared to others, etc?. I made it on my phone when travelling home. I even went to edit it and it was gone before I could even edit it. When the message is deleted with the comment from moderation something like "your not clever, fanboy" It was triggering. I sent a message straight away to contact us saying I felt someone had a vendetta against me and so I made the thread. Thats the facts from my side.

No fucking way are you a grown ass man

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
No fucking way are you a grown ass man

You have a problem with a grown assed man explaining the reason he did something?
To want to better themselves?

What's funny is, Im comfortable as fuck with who I am....I can ask someone how I could improve or be better....you are on the internet on a friday night making multiple posts attacking someone you don't know, for no reason......and you question my manliness?

Last edited:
You have a problem with a grown assed man explaining the reason he did something?

What's funny is, Im comfortable as fuck with who I am....I can ask someone how I could improve or be better....you are on the internet on a friday night making multiple posts attacking someone you don't know, for no reason......and you question my manliness?

My constant yearning for self-improvement often lands me in this sort of pickle, too!

demigod

It’s time to get laid Dench.

zeldaring

Banned
???

So 'much' is perfectly reasonable, but 'leagues' means your a fanboy? I don't think those words mean what you think they mean.
It's kinda reasonable even though I think gt7 looks better overall. Leagues better is exactly what it means and really hyperbolic fanboy talk. Example Michael Jordan is a much better player then LeBron vs Jordan is leagues ahead of LeBron basically they don't even compare.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Hmmm I'm pretty direct when I wanna be and will sometimes strongly take a side depending on the situation. Usually when I do take a side its because I strongly agree or disagree with a topic. In such a case I make sure to fully explain my reasoning. One of the telltale signs of a fanboy is blind opinions with no actual logic backing up their position.

DenchDeckard DenchDeckard I didn't see the post, but maybe if you went in and said Forza looked better than GT7 and then mocked GT7 in some way...maybe I could see the need for some moderation. I wasn't there so I can't say either way. Just make sure to proactively back up your reasoning. Mods typically leave me alone.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Take the L and move on dude lol. Also Forza didn't look better than GT in that comparison video. Maybe mods banned you so you spend less time on gaf because the screen time is clearly hurting your eyes? 👨‍⚕️

LastBattle

Watch this video from 3 minutes 50 and tell me that foza doesn't look leagues better. That's my opinion. That's all I said.

Wow, unless there is something wrong with the GT7 capture, Forza looks quite a step ahead here. What also stood out for me is how in chase mode, Forza gives the feel you are guiding the car around the track, as you can see various angles of the car as you turn. The car in GT7 looks to be almost static and you’re moving the camera around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom